2021-22 NCAA Basketball 🏀 Thread

Coach Rab

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

SEC tourney:

lsu secures a bad seed losing yesterday to Arkansas.

A&M no longer on the bubble and in.  Plays in semis today

The SEC tournament is a textbook example of why a conference championship tournament is stupid. 

Hey let’s disregard the last 4 months, and determine our champion from one weekend in March.

• Like 2

IMO.....SMU will need to win today against Memphis in order to punch their ticket to the Big Dance......they are definitely on the bubble and now we have some upsets going on in some of the major conferences which might make room for another team.  I will be surprised if SMU can win against Memphis today.  The winner will get Houston in the Final.

Kansas is one of those teams that can pump those 3's from outside......if they get hot there is really not much anybody can do about it. Tech is strong defensively, but a hot-shooting team from the outside might force Tech to extend its defense and then be left more vulnerable close in.  So if I was Kansas, I would go ahead and start shooting those 3's early.......just sayin'.  

Now with more than 15 min. left in the game......Memphis has 2 guys with 4 fouls each and their big man in the locker room injured.  But they still lead by 6......now by 4 with that dunk on transition.  42-38 now and another Memphis player is down now after that fall off the dunk.  HIs leg is gone.  He goes off the floor under the arms of two trainers.  Looking bad for Memphis all of a sudden.  They are dropping like flies.

SMU has tied it up now with a 9-0 run, and now Williams for Memphis under the rim has fouled out with 10 min. left in this game.  SMU at the line to take their first lead of the game now. SMU sinks both to lead 50-48. Now tied again.  I don't know about Memphis.....if they get into the NCAA, they have some players hurt now.

Memphis is loaded with tall dudes with long arms and length everywhere. And now they hit a 3 to take the lead again 60-57.  SMU looks incapable of stopping Memphis despite their 2 injured guys and one guy fouled out.  Every guy on the floor for Memphis looks longer and stronger than SMU has.

SMU is gonna lose.....they cannot knock down their shots when needed. Have to put Memphis on the line and hope they miss.  SMU missed on their last trip to the line.  They are out of time to make up a 6 point deficit now.  And cannot get any rebounds underneath against those tall Memphis guys.  They can't hit a 3 to save their lives.  Now Memphis back on the line with 2 more free throws and 22 secs left.  They are toast now for sure.  Memphis is just better......has a better bench too.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

A&M trashed Arkansas… if they win the SEC, what does that do for them?

I think them winning the sec tourney would be the difference in say a 8 seed or a 12 seed. There’s some people that still don’t have A&M in even after the win today.