2021-22 NCAA Basketball 🏀 Thread

Coach Rab

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think them winning the sec tourney would be the difference in say a 8 seed or a 12 seed. There’s some people that still don’t have A&M in even after the win today. 

Thanks for answering the question instead of being an ass like the other guy

They are not as good as the Cougars at pure shooting, but don't have to be.  They are very good defensely.....mainly because they can control the boards on both ends and have that length. Regardless of who wins this game, both of these teams could go several rounds deep in their brackets.  Houston might go to the Sweet 16, but with the loss of their two best players, I don't see them going any deeper.

In a pick between A&M vs Wyoming and SMU......the Committee will choose A&M out of the SEC.  They just favor the bigger conferences......even though in basketball especially......they should not.  But on the other hand, A&M did make it to their conference final, and SMU did not.  Not sure about Wyoming.

Very surprised to not see A&M in. It was close after Auburn but the Arkansas win I thought would push them in. Pretty poor decision if you ask me. They are hot at the right time and we’re left out for teams that are limping in with worse résumés. Pretty ticked right now. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Very surprised to not see A&M in. It was close after Auburn but the Arkansas win I thought would push them in. Pretty poor decision if you ask me. They are hot at the right time and we’re left out for teams that are limping in with worse résumés. Pretty ticked right now. 

A&M is in… it’s just the Corpus Christi campus

28 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It’s hard to be mad when your team didn’t play well enough over the course of the season to get in.  Not knocking A&M, as they would have been an excellent addition to the tournament with a ton of eyeballs watching, but their resume wasn’t good enough to be angry.

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

It’s hard to be mad when your team didn’t play well enough over the course of the season to get in.  Not knocking A&M, as they would have been an excellent addition to the tournament with a ton of eyeballs watching, but their resume wasn’t good enough to be angry.

It absolutely was good enough compared to Michigan, Iowa st, Wyoming and ND. That’s 4 at larges of the top of my head that were worse than A&M regular season and didn’t have the hot run late. 

I agree with you to an extent on what you’re saying, but ND got the benefit of the doubt with worse record, NET ranking and also lost a head to head against A&M. Just ridiculous. 

Baylor would have been better off as a #2 in a different Region.  They are in deep doodoo as the #1 in their Bracket. They are playing minus 2 of their best players.....kinda like Houston.  But it happened to Houston in January......they had time to retool.  For Baylor......they have to play in the toughest Region with a more recent "retooled" starting lineup.  I'd love to see them in the Final Four......but their path is the definitely gonna be the toughest Region.

The Cougars draw a #5 Seed.......too high in my estimation from their total work thruout the season.  I think they should have been at worst a #4 Seed.  But they have a very good team......they should make it to the Sweet 16 for sure.  Maybe they come together and make it into the Elite 8.  Before their best two players were injured......they were 15-0 and smashing every opponent......it wasn't even close in any game.