🐯LSU 2021 Thread🐯

Stoney

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeeeahhh I don't know about $10 million. 

I think he's good but I don't know about elite. What do you think, LOL? 

Nope, and I don't think his "bro" style would work in Baton Rouge. LSU needs a hardass or a wheeler-dealer type. Riley's neither. He's a soft millennial who buddies up to his players. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Okay, now how do you REALLY feel? 🤣

Other than the aforementioned?

Hmm, well...  he is a good recruiter and, more often than not, wins over the families of recruits. That's something I hear a lot: "We weren't sure if we could get Smith or Jones to commit, but their mommas just fell in love with Lincoln."

Also seems like an excellent husband and father. Considering the stress and scope of his job, you always see him spending time with his wife and kids. I respect that a lot. If LSU wants a different image, they'll definitely get one with Riley. 

Despite my oft-repeated complaint that he's "too genius" with gimmicky play-calls in inappropriate situations (double-reverse pass on 3rd and short?), he is a brilliant play designer, and extremely adept at tailoring his concepts to the talent on his roster (instead of the other way around).

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Get Venables, he might bring a defense to Norman. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

It's funny that guy hasn't had a HC gig yet, I think he's content with being one of if not the highest paid coordinator in CFB. 

He does not or has not wanted to be a HC.  He could have easily left Norman to be a HC anytime he wanted.  He could have jumped to the NFL several times.  I think he is a content guy who loves doing what he does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lions70 said:

Be kinda hilarious if Sumlin got the gig . He was the Oc for 77-0 I believe. Note: I don’t remotely believe this will happen. Stoops leaves Kentucky lol.

Sumlin will probably never be a HC in a power-5 conference again unless some poor team is desperate. The Arizona debacle was the final straw in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I doubt this is a true "source."  Sounds like message board BS.  I am pretty sure Aranda will likely be the top target unless they can get Saban, Dabo, Fisher... which is a 99.5% no IMO.

Yeah, pretty much. Just trying to liven things up.  :woot:

10 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Sumlin will probably never be a HC in a power-5 conference again unless some poor team is desperate. The Arizona debacle was the final straw in my opinion. 

Sumlin has serious personal issues that will probably need 12 steps to help him recover. It will take a desperate program willing to take a chance on him. I don’t see that happening any time soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, this is your best opportunity to hire Dave Aranda if you are LSU.  They just came off a loss against TCU.  They still had a chance to win... but it also goes to show that Baylor will always somewhat be at the same level as TCU.  Aranda can elevate himself to the top of the food chain at LSU.  LSU has shown patience to keep the last 3 guys for 5-7 years and pay top money to win.  When was the last time LSU didn't sniff the top 10 in recruiting classes?  It literally recruits itself.  The best atmosphere that literally changes games when you are at home.  And finally, when you are just better, you can beat teams like TCU with hardly any effort.  Come get your own personal bank Dave!  Come to LSU!

41 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

At this point, this is your best opportunity to hire Dave Aranda if you are LSU.  They just came off a loss against TCU.  They still had a chance to win... but it also goes to show that Baylor will always somewhat be at the same level as TCU.  Aranda can elevate himself to the top of the food chain at LSU.  LSU has shown patience to keep the last 3 guys for 5-7 years and pay top money to win.  When was the last time LSU didn't sniff the top 10 in recruiting classes?  It literally recruits itself.  The best atmosphere that literally changes games when you are at home.  And finally, when you are just better, you can beat teams like TCU with hardly any effort.  Come get your own personal bank Dave!  Come to LSU!

If LSU screws this hire up...   man...   it's a slam dunk. I have absolutely no connection to LSU and even I can see it. 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:08 AM, LOL said:

Serious question (totally not trolling): exactly what would Jimbo gain by jumping over to LSU at this point?

I gotta say, all things considered it seems like a lateral move (at best) for him right now. 

The last three head coaches of LSU have won a National Championship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Aranda was awesome at LSU before. He'll be awesome at LSU if he goes there. 

Coaching in the West will be insane-

Saban, Jimbo, Kiffin, Aranda, Leach, Harsin (who's done decently at Auburn), and even Sam Pittman is a strong coach. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Aranda was awesome at LSU before. He'll be awesome at LSU if he goes there. 

Coaching in the West will be insane-

Saban, Jimbo, Kiffin, Aranda, Leach, Harsin (who's done decently at Auburn), and even Sam Pittman is a strong coach. 

Kiffen would not have beaten Dave Aranda this year IMO.

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So Mav call your shot... Who's the next guy? 

My desire is Aranda.  My bet is someone not on the current list... just because that's the way football happens most years.  

I will also say with 100% certainty that no matter who they hire, every LSU fan that's choice didn't get picked will be pissed off until he wins his first game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that LSU doesn’t have any in-state competition when it comes to recruiting. Louisiana is a small state, but loaded with football talent. LSU always has a roster full of studs. That will make any coaches job easier. 

Not only that, they play big boy football, not the finesse spread game that Texas HS does. Their good athletes play on defense most of the time. In Texas they play offense. 

• Like 1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Brian Kelly going to LSU???