What A Play

Hagar

I made a similar play in a junior high game back in the 60s ... not as spectacular as this though .... I was playing corner back and blitzed from the outside and picked off a quick pitch to a running back in motion coming to my side ... the QB just pitched it right to me ... and I was off to the races for a long td ....

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I made a similar play in a junior high game back in the 60s ... not as spectacular as this though .... I was playing corner back and blitzed from the outside and picked off a quick pitch to a running back in motion coming to my side ... the QB just pitched it right to me ... and I was off to the races for a long td ....

That was for the Bulldogs, right Kirt? 

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Back in the late early 70’s, and the Wishbone & option football were king, Vidor was in a playoff game in the Dome against Aldine.  They ran the option to their left.  Vidor’s corner came up just as the QB pitched.  He caught it in full stride and ran 89 yards for a TD. Unfortunately it was the Pirates only TD while Aldine scored buku TD’s.  Still, quite a thrill for that young man.  Aldine had the best LB I’ve ever seen in HS football, Larry Twardowski.  No one could block him.  I think he was 220, which back in those days was huge.  Got a scholarship to Texas & knee tore up in practice.  Never heard anymore about him.  
Typical old age memory.  Remember something like that & have no idea what happened yesterday.  😂😂🤣😂😂

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Someone said he’d studied the game film & when they got in this formation it was the pitch play.  Makes sense because he played it like he knew what the play was.  Well done.

Oh yea he absolutely knew what time it was. He probably planned for this all week. lol

• LOL! 1

56 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Oh yea he absolutely knew what time it was. He probably planned for this all week. lol

Is it just me mike or is watching that additive?  Almost every time I come back here, I watch it again, usually a couple of times.  I’m a freaking addict…. 😂😂🤣😂😂

Just now, Hagar said:

Is it just me mike or is watching that additive?  Almost every time I come back here, I watch it again, usually a couple of times.  I’m a freaking addict…. 😂😂🤣😂😂

It's entertaining and sly as hell.  I would watch this and that kid that frog splashed the other kid for the personal foul multiple times. lol

5 minutes ago, CDubya936 said:

Saw Tarlandus Mitchell do this one time. Forgot who they were playing. @StingEmALTO @Alto1983 @Alto2621 

Do you guys know or remember this happening? It was in his old YouTube highlight tape (along with an original track titled Alto, TX  🤣

If you find it, post it! I’m trying to think of what game that was. @SwarmingOnEm do you have any idea?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

If you find it, post it! I’m trying to think of what game that was. @SwarmingOnEm do you have any idea?

It’s on YouTube. Trying to remember what video. I believe the video is called Tarlandus Mitchell Junior Year Highlights. It’s toward the end of the video if I’m not mistaken and was around 95 yards I believe. Something like that. 

I haven't seen a pitch picked off like that before, a straight line to the backfield without even as much as a bobble.  He timed that about as perfect as you can get.  That was definitely a poorly designed play.  I have seen an option pitch picked off before and ran in for a TD, and a quick pass outside picked off and ran in for a TD, just not one like this.  

1 hour ago, CDubya936 said:

Yes! That guy was ridiculous. 

Also, I think I get to be an honorary Yellow Jacket for knowing this existed and that it happened 🤣

I am super impressed and on behalf of the Alto Yellowjackets, you @CDubya936, are an honorary Jacket. Welcome to the Mean Sting Family. You can join us at the tunnel pre-game and the 50 yard line at kickoff! 😂🤣🤣 We’ll save you a place!

• LOL! 1