OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT DAY NUMBERS

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

PG still looks a ways away from moving up to Div. I. It’s gonna take a pretty big swell in enrollment for them to make that jump by 2024.

wasnt sure what the D1 numbers usually were just knew carthage was usually around that number.

56 minutes ago, micotrav said:

Royse City 2233.5 Highland Park at 2245.5, so either stay at 5A D2 or 5A D1? Just call it 2500 minimum for 6A

Stepp has the 6A line right down the line between Royse City and Highland Park, at 2240.

I thought for sure Royse City would be 5A D1 going into the snapshot day. Gonna be closer than I thought, but still think Longview will be visiting Royse City in football in the next two years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

OH is that what it is!

Katy schools are either above 3000 students or projected to be in the near future.  Frisco are building new schools to keep their High schools near or below 2000 students to avoid 6a.  There was a story about it many yrs ago in Dallas Morning News.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Katy schools are either above 3000 students or projected to be in the near future.  Frisco are building new schools to keep their High schools near or below 2000 students to avoid 6a.  There was a story about it many yrs ago in Dallas Morning News.

This is all news to me.

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Does anybody know the cutoff numbers for all the classes from the last re-alignment?

6A - 22020 and above

5A - 1230 to 2219 (D1 1922 to 2219, D2 1230 to 1932)

4A - 515 to 1229 (D1 880 to 1229, D1 515 to 879)

3A - 230 to 514 (D1 350 to 514, 230 to 349)

2A - 105 to 229 (D1 165.5 to 229, D2 105 to 165.4)

1A - 104.9 and below (D1 59.5 to 104.9, 0 to 59.4)

• Thanks 2

On 11/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Stepp has the 6A line right down the line between Royse City and Highland Park, at 2240.

I thought for sure Royse City would be 5A D1 going into the snapshot day. Gonna be closer than I thought, but still think Longview will be visiting Royse City in football in the next two years.

So is he thinking that 5A DII will include Royse City?  Highland Park will remain in 5A DI?

5 minutes ago, micotrav said:

So is he thinking that 5A DII will include Royse City?  Highland Park will remain in 5A DI?

No. The number they're thinking is going down and down. That originally had HP in 6A and Royse City in 5A D1.

But now it's looking like both HP and Royse City will be 6A.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

No. The number they're thinking is going down and down. That originally had HP in 6A and Royse City in 5A D1.

But now it's looking like both HP and Royse City will be 6A.

Okay. I still cannot see Highland Park going to 6A.  I realize that it would make perfect sense for that to happen, however, HP has been the last step in classification for so many years, I don't see that changing. The schools are busting all over the state with the influx of new folks moving to Texas. I think this will be the final year of six classes.  In 2026, I believe we will add 7A.  Royse City will be a large Class 5A DI this year and Highland Park will remain DI 5A as the breaking point.  Royse City will go to 6A in 2026 and 7A in 2028 unless they build another high school before then. Of course I would love to see RCISD remain 5ADII, but  that is just wishful thinking at this point. 

On 11/9/2021 at 8:51 AM, micotrav said:

Okay. I still cannot see Highland Park going to 6A.  I realize that it would make perfect sense for that to happen, however, HP has been the last step in classification for so many years, I don't see that changing. The schools are busting all over the state with the influx of new folks moving to Texas. I think this will be the final year of six classes.  In 2026, I believe we will add 7A.  Royse City will be a large Class 5A DI this year and Highland Park will remain DI 5A as the breaking point.  Royse City will go to 6A in 2026 and 7A in 2028 unless they build another high school before then. Of course I would love to see RCISD remain 5ADII, but  that is just wishful thinking at this point. 

You didn’t here? Highland Park will probably go down to 4AD1. Neighborhood has gone to đŸ’©. That’s what they say. We all know the Scots wouldn’t lie. 

• Like 1