NAACP Advises Athletes Not To Sign With Any Texas Teams

Stoney

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Think it lays out their case very clearly and effectively, whether you agree with it or not. Our politics are not friendly toward anyone who doesn't vote Republican, and that really isn't disputable. 

Like California and New York aren't really friendly to anyone who doesn't vote Democrat? Right?

Think it lays out their case very clearly and effectively, whether you agree with it or not. Our politics are not friendly toward anyone who doesn't vote Republican, and that really isn't disputable. 

And yet over the past year, you cannot prove that a Single Demographic will be adversely affected by this law. Meaning, you are just repeating your "masters" talking points, it's not a democrat legislation, so it is racist. That makes you a very good parrot boy. 

image.jpeg

Money talks, NAACP walks

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

And yet over the past year, you cannot prove that a Single Demographic will be adversely affected by this law. Meaning, you are just repeating your "masters" talking points, it's not a democrat legislation, so it is racist. That makes you a very good parrot boy. 

image.jpeg

Hear! Hear!  Libnuts are not barry mart.

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

What law specifically? They mentioned several. Did you read the letter? 

The voting law, of course. Everyone on here know that I support a woman's right to choose, because I don't believe that abortion is murder in US law. 

Just now, Monte1076 said:

Why would I? I don't think the NAACP is being entirely truthful with their statement. I think they're misinforming and misleading. I don't know if it's intentional or not.

Biden Shut Up Man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY You know as well as I do, they are misinforming and misleading the players unions. Because that's what groups like this do. All of them. 

Just now, DannyZuco said:

The voting law, of course. Everyone on here know that I support a woman's right to choose, because I don't believe that abortion is murder in US law. 

The voting law essentially targeted voting practices in Harris County, which voted Democratic and has a very large demographic of Black voters. There was ZIP proof of fraud, yet there was a lot of noise and allegations, and the law took away the ability for voting to be easier for no real reason. Do the math. 

Just now, Monte1076 said:

Why would I? I don't think the NAACP is being entirely truthful with their statement. I think they're misinforming and misleading. I don't know if it's intentional or not.

Texas isn't a hard right Republican state right now? And, how were they not misleading? 

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The voting law essentially targeted voting practices in Harris County, which voted Democratic and has a very large demographic of Black voters. There was ZIP proof of fraud, yet there was a lot of noise and allegations, and the law took away the ability for voting to be easier for no real reason. Do the math. 

Harris County broke the state laws for voting to begin with, by doing the things that they were doing, like drive up voting, 24 hour polling--which I don't necessarily disagree with. But if the state has laws, which Texas did, and they did NOT follow those laws, because they thought that a pandemic was sooooooooooo bad, then they should have to pay the price for it. 

But the fact is, Texas' new law actually PROVIDES more time for people to vote, where they can vote, you just have to follow the rules, unless you believe that minorities are too dumb to have an ID, or go to the correct voting precinct? Is that what you are saying? Minorities can't get IDs or find a voting precinct? 

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Texas isn't a hard right Republican state right now? And, how were they not misleading? 

"The voting law essentially targeted voting practices in Harris County"

Certainly your opinion. Can you cite anything specific in the law

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/872/billtext/pdf/SB00001E.pdf

that actually does that? Go ahead.

"Texas isn't a hard right Republican state right now?"

You believe it is. How do you define "Hard Right"?

"And, how were they not misleading?"

Because women and minorities have the same rights as you and I do. Also, have you seen COVID numbers here? They're on the downswing across the state.

4 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

But the fact is, Texas' new law actually PROVIDES more time for people to vote, where they can vote, you just have to follow the rules.

This. Follow the voting laws and rules. My biggest problem with a lot of this is "chain of custody" and "security" issues. Coercion can be a problem (remember Hillary's "Women are only voting for Trump because their men are telling them to" spiel?).

Want drop boxes? Let's talk about it. What security features and chain of custody policies and procedures would be in place? Same with 24 hour voting. Wanna do that? What sort of security and custody policies go along with it?

45 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

This. Follow the voting laws and rules. My biggest problem with a lot of this is "chain of custody" and "security" issues. Coercion can be a problem (remember Hillary's "Women are only voting for Trump because their men are telling them to" spiel?).

Want drop boxes? Let's talk about it. What security features and chain of custody policies and procedures would be in place? Same with 24 hour voting. Wanna do that? What sort of security and custody policies go along with it?

Just quit pretending already that any of that nonsense and the whole approach of the GOP in Texas and other Republican states is about voting security, already. EVERYONE knows it is about serving the BiG LIE, law making to provide cover for voter suppression, and to generally try to prop out up the Gasping Old People Party. Get as legalistic as you can, throw out lots of 'facts'. It isn't necessary. Your side knows what it is doing, and you aren't going to convince anyone otherwise. :rofl:

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Just quit pretending already that any of that nonsense and the whole approach of the GOP in Texas and other Republican states is about voting security, already. EVERYONE knows it is about serving the BiG LIE, law making to provide cover for voter suppression, and to generally try to prop out up the Gasping Old People Party. Get as legalistic as you can, throw out lots of 'facts'. It isn't necessary. Your side knows what it is doing, and you aren't going to convince anyone otherwise. :rofl:

And that's certainly your opinion. Which, you ought to know, isn't fact.

• Like 2