Tatum @ Sabine

Tatum_DirtyBird

Tatum @ Sabine  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

That’s no lie. Better team don’t always win. Any given night. 

Don't have a dog in the fight, but I appreciate the humility in this statement.  Sure Tatum should be the better team, but I've gotta give Sabine credit.  They're playing at a level no one expected out of them.  Will this translate to an upset?  Probably not likely but I sure don't expect them to get trounced like last year.  These kids will put up a fight.  

24 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Don't have a dog in the fight, but I appreciate the humility in this statement.  Sure Tatum should be the better team, but I've gotta give Sabine credit.  They're playing at a level no one expected out of them.  Will this translate to an upset?  Probably not likely but I sure don't expect them to get trounced like last year.  These kids will put up a fight.  

Spot on. 

17 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

They pretty much played like I expected vs GW, except the offense wasn't as good as advertised.... Sabine is overrated. Tatum is a better team.... 

12 minutes ago, bearnation said:

They pretty much played like I expected vs GW, except the offense wasn't as good as advertised.... Sabine is overrated. Tatum is a better team.... 

how is a team that almost everyone picked to not make the playoffs overrated?

3 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

how is a team that almost everyone picked to not make the playoffs overrated?

Idk what people picked, I'm just going off of what I've heard about Sabine all season... I've heard "oh they're really good" "man Sabine is going to give GW a game" "better watch out for Sabine" etc.... I wasn't impressed. Now maybe that was just GW being that much better but I'm just telling you, I wasn't impressed with what I saw. I'm not going to name names but there were kids on Sabine I expected more out of and they just didnt show me much. 

21 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Idk what people picked, I'm just going off of what I've heard about Sabine all season... I've heard "oh they're really good" "man Sabine is going to give GW a game" "better watch out for Sabine" etc.... I wasn't impressed. Now maybe that was just GW being that much better but I'm just telling you, I wasn't impressed with what I saw. I'm not going to name names but there were kids on Sabine I expected more out of and they just didnt show me much. 

So instead of giving your defense you’d rather take a shot at Sabine and individual players. Congrats on beating Tatum and Sabine again since apparently that’s the most important thing in Gladewater. 
BTW Landon McKinney played his worst game of the season in Gladewater 2 years ago and look what he’s doing in college now. Every Gladewater fan with half a brain cell would take Jace Burns on a bad night any day of the week. 

22 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

So instead of giving your defense you’d rather take a shot at Sabine and individual players. Congrats on beating Tatum and Sabine again since apparently that’s the most important thing in Gladewater. 
BTW Landon McKinney played his worst game of the season in Gladewater 2 years ago and look what he’s doing in college now. Every Gladewater fan with half a brain cell would take Jace Burns on a bad night any day of the week. 

easy grasshopper I didn't take a shot at anybody in particular, I literally said I wasn't going to name names. And yeah winning games is the most important thing in GW, that's kinda why we play. I too would take Jace Burns on our team, fwiw.

2 minutes ago, bearnation said:

easy grasshopper I didn't take a shot at anybody in particular, I literally said I wasn't going to name names. And yeah winning games is the most important thing in GW, that's kinda why we play. I too would take Jace Burns on our team, fwiw.

Lol I’m good. I wouldn’t be impressed either if that was the only Sabine game I’ve seen. 

27 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I'm curious what game this season was Sabine's most impressive game? 

I’d probably say the first half against new Boston was our best half of football all season. The 2nd half wasn’t bad either but new Boston was able to keep the ball almost the entire 2nd half. We only had the ball 3 or 4 possessions the 2nd half. 

20 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Perhaps it's just on that given night Gladewater outplayed Sabine....it happens.  So I guess people from Kilgore can make the same argument...that to them Gladewater isn't very good.  They could probably name names but don't themselves.

They absolutely could.... GW played like manure vs Kilgore, worst game all year by far. I just feel like when Sabine plays good/great teams they get beat.... they've lost to the 3 best teams they've faced this year. Their best win is vs New Boston. I could be wrong (I have been before) but I think Tatum wins the game something like 45-30 

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

They absolutely could.... GW played like manure vs Kilgore, worst game all year by far. I just feel like when Sabine plays good/great teams they get beat.... they've lost to the 3 best teams they've faced this year. Their best win is vs New Boston. I could be wrong (I have been before) but I think Tatum wins the game something like 45-30 

Last week we absolutely got beat by a better team. In my opinion, which is extremely biased, we did things(turnovers, poor tackling, etc) against WR and DF that helped contribute to us getting beat so bad in those games. I admit both losses to them look bad though. 

1 hour ago, bearnation said:

We ain’t gave up 30 points all year but you think Sabine gone score 30?