Week Eleven: Longview vs Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-3) vs Tyler Lions (6-3)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler in a close one
    • Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2021 at 12:30 AM

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Some people have said Eli Holt is done for the year, but Holmes + Tyler Paper have said that he'll be back for this game.

I guess we'll find out which side is correct.

With him being on crutches. I don’t see that happening, but what do I know.

45 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Some people have said Eli Holt is done for the year, but Holmes + Tyler Paper have said that he'll be back for this game.

I guess we'll find out which side is correct.

I don’t think the paper has been updated on his status. But the dude was on crutches no way he will be ready next week

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

Let's go cujo. I'm expecting a longview win. I don't see them coming out flat 2 weeks in a row. Add in the fact they own East Texas top 2 classifications when it comes to football. I'm still not sold on McFall at qb. 

Yea I ain’t sold on Mcfall either, I don’t even think they scored a TD in the second half? How is that possible?? That’s a red flag, you can’t think that we will go to Longview and not score a TD in the second half and think we will win. Gotta clean that up next week

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea I ain’t sold on Mcfall either, I don’t even think they scored a TD in the second half? How is that possible?? That’s a red flag, you can’t think that we will go to Longview and not score a TD in the second half and think we will win. Gotta clean that up next week

0>12

• Like 3

I don’t trust King to make the right decisions at all. We’re a mess this season. Only thing saving us is having played horrendous teams.

Could see us winning by 25, and also losing by 3.

Just sad all this talented is being wasted. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don’t trust King to make the right decisions at all. We’re a mess this season. Only thing saving us is having played horrendous teams.

Could see us winning by 25, and also losing by 3.

Just sad all this talented is being wasted. 

If I was Longview fan I would be livid if I saw Allen at QB on next Friday 

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

If I was Longview fan I would be livid if I saw Allen at QB on next Friday 

As Lion just said, the time for being livid is well gone.

It's one thing if Thomas was still injured. But the fact that Thomas didn't even get a chance while healthy (with Tutt starting JV this past week, you would think Thomas is completely health), this past Thursday....is just ridiculous.

King is living and dying by Allen for WHATEVER reason. And it's killing the team.

Allen is a baseball player, only, and nothing can convince me otherwise. Thursday's loss is inexcusable.

24 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

I believe they already passed that stage along time ago. If outsiders can see it , you know it is an issue. Sometimes it maybe difficult separating your biased opinions vs straight facts. This group of dudes have a great sense of reality thus enhancing the frustration.

Yea it’s clear as day that boy shouldn’t be the QB. It’s so bad I’m literally watching the game Thursday  waiting for the turnover cause I know it’s coming. 

21 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

As Lion just said, the time for being livid is well gone.

It's one thing if Thomas was still injured. But the fact that Thomas didn't even get a chance while healthy (with Tutt starting JV this past week, you would think Thomas is completely health), this past Thursday....is just ridiculous.

King is living and dying by Allen for WHATEVER reason. And it's killing the team.

Allen is a baseball player, only, and nothing can convince me otherwise. Thursday's loss is inexcusable.

Maybe it’s deeper than we know, maybe some things happening internally. 

I give some credit to McKinney North for the upset. Anybody who ever played should know that no wins are automatic.  They have a solid coaching staff there that gets the most out of their players.  Don't know anything about qb situation at LV, but I think King has earned benefit of the doubt. im sure there is a reason for his decision. 

With that said, I can now admit that Tyler high is better than what I thought they would be.  I honestly didn't think they would beat Sherman without Holt and I thought with him it would be iffy.  If North can beat LV, than I believe Tyler can too.  BUT.....LV coming off a loss and at home and with QB situation at Tyler up in the air, just not sure.  I just hope at worse, they can lose by less than 10 pts and hold on to 2nd place. Otherwise, rooting for Cujo for the W. 

4 hours ago, VonG said:

Let's go cujo. I'm expecting a longview win. I don't see them coming out flat 2 weeks in a row. Add in the fact they own East Texas top 2 classifications when it comes to football. I'm still not sold on McFall at qb. 

McFall is not on Eli level in passing, but his legs are much better. He made some good throws last night and some good runs. Sometimes I think he should step up in the pocket instead of running towards sidelines so much.  But keep in mind, First yr playing qb and he is just a soph.  I can see the potential. He just need a Spring and a Summer.   Sherman played HP close.