Week Eleven: Longview vs Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-3) vs Tyler Lions (6-3)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler in a close one
    • Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2021 at 12:30 AM

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I give some credit to McKinney North for the upset. Anybody who ever played should know that no wins are automatic.  They have a solid coaching staff there that gets the most out of their players.  Don't know anything about qb situation at LV, but I think King has earned benefit of the doubt. im sure there is a reason for his decision. 

With that said, I can now admit that Tyler high is better than what I thought they would be.  I honestly didn't think they would beat Sherman without Holt and I thought with him it would be iffy.  If North can beat LV, than I believe Tyler can too.  BUT.....LV coming off a loss and at home and with QB situation at Tyler up in the air, just not sure.  I just hope at worse, they can lose by less than 10 pts and hold on to 2nd place. Otherwise, rooting for Cujo for the W. 

This is a fair assessment...however, those type and number of turnovers won't happen again.  Play that game again and I guarantee that Longview puts 50+ on MN.  I just think that MN scores in the 20s on us regardless of our TOs.

If Longview keeps the TOs down, then they win Friday...if not, Cujo leaves with a win and the no 2 seed.

54 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

This is a fair assessment...however, those type and number of turnovers won't happen again.  Play that game again and I guarantee that Longview puts 50+ on MN.  I just think that MN scores in the 20s on us regardless of our TOs.

If Longview keeps the TOs down, then they win Friday...if not, Cujo leaves with a win and the no 2 seed.

I think North got the ball inside our 20 on what....3 Jordan Allen turnovers? 3 scores for them.

His 4th turnover was the pick he threw in the redzone as we were going in to score. That cost us a score.

Surely we don't see a duplication of that again but then again, look who we're talking about.

I feel sorry for Thomas. Talented kid that I could easily see playing in the FCS, low FBS world. But isn't getting the chance to touch the field.

Too bad. He gives Longview a dynamic offensively that would take this offense to a different level, but I guess Coach K doesn't see it.

Like 07 said, this game can be anywhere from a blowout win in Longview's favor, to a CUJO win.

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

I think North got the ball inside our 20 on what....3 Jordan Allen turnovers? 3 scores for them.

His 4th turnover was the pick he threw in the redzone as we were going in to score. That cost us a score.

Surely we don't see a duplication of that again but then again, look who we're talking about.

I feel sorry for Thomas. Talented kid that I could easily see playing in the FCS, low FBS world. But isn't getting the chance to touch the field.

Too bad. He gives Longview a dynamic offensively that would take this offense to a different level, but I guess Coach K doesn't see it.

Like 07 said, this game can be anywhere from a blowout win in Longview's favor, to a CUJO win.

Well he should have stayed where he was at. You don't transfer to schools like Longview that's already winning year in and year out. If he was 3, 4, or 5 star then that would make a huge difference. He is just another guy that transferred to a winning program. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Especially it being your senior year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VonG said:

Well he should have stayed where he was at. You don't transfer to schools like Longview that's already winning year in and year out. If we was 3, 4, or 5 star then that would make a huge difference. He is just another guy that transferred to a winning program. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Especially it being your senior year. 

Yep it was a multitude of schools he could’ve went to, so that’s on him and his parents trying be at a winning school vs going somewhere he could play right away. Should’ve went to legacy would’ve helped them a lot. Future transfers better stop looking at state championships aspirations and go somewhere you will play lol. If your good enough they will find you.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 4:09 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Maybe it’s deeper than we know, maybe some things happening internally. 

Maybe coach King is sending a message to don’t expect to transfer into their program your senior year and start over those who have  put in Lobo time. JS

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Lobos are a sinking ship right now....

Naw, they will be alright. They will win and should Secure the 2 seed.

A way Tyler can compete is if LV chooses to throw a lot and give Tyler the opportunity to turn them over.

Even though Tyler has the offense to put up point to compete, however in the last two games it’s 17ppg.

19 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

Naw, they will be alright. They will win and should Secure the 2 seed.

A way Tyler can compete is if LV chooses to throw a lot and give Tyler the opportunity to turn them over.

Even though Tyler has the offense to put up point to compete, however in the last two games it’s 17ppg.

The thing is that Longview offense is so inept right now that I don’t trust that they can make us really pay for our mistakes on offense. I believe that the tyler offense can move the ball on Longview D especially if north was able to, whose offense I thought wasn’t really great all season. But the key for tyler is can they make Longview pay for their mistakes?? Gotta be able to sustain long drives.