Week Eleven: Longview vs Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-3) vs Tyler Lions (6-3)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler in a close one
    • Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2021 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Yall got some studs coming up in that 9th-10th group.

Imagine if Hampton ever came back. He has multiple D1 offers now.

yea, the talent is there. Can they put it together is my concern.    

I wish he come back. I think QB is out the question for him at this point.  Probably a good thing since he is doing very well at CB.

7 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

Yes, just let them come out play and execute and come away healthy. The linebackers should really get tested.
Coach King may keep it simple, I look for their tight end to be target a lot, because that play action from underneath the center to the tight end over the middle is a killer.  

Wish we did something like recently. TEs have barely been used for us in the passing game the last 2 years for whatever reason.

10 hours ago, Quick said:

KMSL!!!! Man, you are a trip and a HALF!!! But, when referencing the “police”, I am definitely not talking about you. Man, my side is hurting for real laughing at you.

I make a mean Diablo Sandwich.   :woot:

13 minutes ago, LOL said:

Maverick has improved every game this season. Really excited to see him develop. 

Almost all of Tyler's offense, early on for sure, came on 3rd and long and just hail marys. Little frustrating, but no doubt the 9th graders are special. Rowe will be good, just hoping he can put on some height and size. He looked tiny, tiny when we were in Highland Park.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Almost all of Tyler's offense, early on for sure, came on 3rd and long and just hail marys. Little frustrating, but no doubt the 9th graders are special. Rowe will be good, just hoping he can put on some height and size. He looked tiny, tiny when we were in Highland Park.

I agree. Obviously he can't put on height, but he can continue to work hard in the weight room to put on muscle. I see him in the mold of Russell Wilson. He's never gonna be the prototypical 6'5" 225 guy, but I really like his moxie. I like the fact that he takes chances and looks to pop the big play. He's young, he has time. I think he'll learn to take what the defense gives and eventually grow in his reads. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LOL said:

I agree. Obviously he can't put on height, but he can continue to work hard in the weight room to put on muscle. I see him in the mold of Russell Wilson. He's never gonna be the prototypical 6'5" 225 guy, but I really like his moxie. I like the fact that he takes chances and looks to pop the big play. He's young, he has time. I think he'll learn to take what the defense gives and eventually grow in his reads. 

Mav will be a beast. I think Mav will be what we thought Ross would be back in 2015...sort of a Manziel type of QB. And you still have Tutt in front of him. 

Mav's little brother Houston Rowe will be in 9th next year and had a good year for Judson 8th.

I'll be honest though, I don't know how much we'll see Houston in the future because the 7th QB at Judson (Hamilton) looks like he could be up there with HK by the time he leaves. 

Imagine Aaron Johnson or Joel Armstrong feet mixed with HK mechanics. That's Hamilton. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Mav will be a beast. I think Mav will be what we thought Ross would be back in 2015...sort of a Manziel type of QB. And you still have Tutt in front of him. 

Mav's little brother Houston Rowe will be in 9th next year and had a good year for Judson 8th.

I'll be honest though, I don't know how much we'll see Houston in the future because the 7th QB at Judson (Hamilton) looks like he could be up there with HK by the time he leaves. 

Imagine Aaron Johnson or Joel Armstrong feet mixed with HK mechanics. That's Hamilton. 

kyler murray....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Excited to see Tutt as well! The kid can really spin it, and I love his footwork. A quarterback battle between him and Rowe would be a win-win scenario for all of us. 

And yes, I'm high on young Hamilton. Born and raised in the program like Haynes. A solid kid from a great family. A natural leader. The kind of alpha dog who doesn't have to bark all the time. Leads by example. 

12 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

kyler murray....

And imagine those skills on someone tall with a strong frame?

My reading of his genetic tea leaves says he hits 6+ feet by high school. Both parents are tall, and he's already catching up with his ol' man (who's 6'2").

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

That same class with that stud rb people saying better then fred at same age 

16 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

That same class with that stud rb people saying better then fred at same age 

Kaidon Graves is his name. Lined up right behind Hamilton...plays RB at Judson.

Ill let @gtee2 tell people about him but my goodness, this dude really does have the ceiling of being the goat.

From Taylor Tatum (current sophomore with offer from Washington, rated the top RB in TX for 2024 class), to Kelvin Washington (9th), to Mason Washington (8th), to Kaidon Graves (7th)...Longview fans are about to see a string of top end RBs. And that doesn't even include the depth or combo backs.

But to expand on why that 7th class is special, and may even be the best to come through (or at the very least, one of the best). 

You'll have Hamilton at QB. Graves at RB...both led Judson to an undefeated season. Several defensive studs at Judson too. And they were strong in the trenches, although Foster may have been a little more stronger in the trenches.

Over at Foster, the Dragons have a tall stud of a WR/DB Anthony Huffman. Not only that, but if Graves at Judson wasn't enough...guess what Foster has at RB...a Talley bloodline. And he is nice too. Foster 7th only loss one game this year... it was to Judson 6-0. The difference in that game was a 51 yard TD toss by Hamilton.

Even Forest Park's 7th squad had a nice year. 

• Like 2