Jump to content

Week Eleven: Longview vs Tyler


LoboFan07
 Share

Longview Lobos (6-3) vs Tyler Lions (6-3)  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler in a close one
    • Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2021 at 12:30 AM

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

kyler murray....

 

Well, Murray is the best TXHSFB QB I've ever seen...so didn't want to go that extreme...lol 

But Hamilton will be really nice.

I'll put it to you this way, he'll be a highly sought after prospect one day. And can accomplish that at multiple positions.

Coaches kid who grew up in the program (sounds familiar)...like @LOL said...both parents are towers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Wish we did something like recently. TEs have barely been used for us in the passing game the last 2 years for whatever reason.

Jaylin Brown broke all of those records in 2017 and after that, we said the hell with using the TE position in the passing game. lol

  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reminders of what both teams are facing head into tonight.

For Tyler, it's simple.

A Tyler win, they host either Magnolia or New Caney next week.
A Longview win by 10 or more, they travel to the loser of College Station vs Magnolia West next week.
A Longview win by 9 or less, they'll host either Magnolia or New Caney next week.

For Longview..
A Longview win by 10 or more, they'll host Magnolia or New Caney next week.
A Longview in win by 9 or less, they'll travel to the loser of College Station vs Magnolia West.
A Tyler win, they'll travel to the winner of College Station vs Magnolia West.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Kaidon Graves is his name. Lined up right behind Hamilton...plays RB at Judson.

Ill let @gtee2 tell people about him but my goodness, this dude really does have the ceiling of being the goat.

From Taylor Tatum (current sophomore with offer from Washington, rated the top RB in TX for 2024 class), to Kelvin Washington (9th), to Mason Washington (8th), to Kaidon Graves (7th)...Longview fans are about to see a string of top end RBs. And that doesn't even include the depth or combo backs.

But to expand on why that 7th class is special, and may even be the best to come through (or at the very least, one of the best). 

You'll have Hamilton at QB. Graves at RB...both led Judson to an undefeated season. Several defensive studs at Judson too. And they were strong in the trenches, although Foster may have been a little more stronger in the trenches.

Over at Foster, the Dragons have a tall stud of a WR/DB Anthony Huffman. Not only that, but if Graves at Judson wasn't enough...guess what Foster has at RB...a Talley bloodline. And he is nice too. Foster 7th only loss one game this year... it was to Judson 6-0. The difference in that game was a 51 yard TD toss by Hamilton.

Even Forest Park's 7th squad had a nice year. 

Damn @ANTIyou're like the Bene Gesserits, up in here with the bloodlines.

You working on a Kwisatz Haderach for the Lobos or something?  :woot:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a reminder: if someone charges you for Lobo games, they're all online for FREEEEEEE:

Y'all probably won't hear from me the rest of today/tonight. Gonna be busy with Senior Night, Wall of Honor, and other festivities. 

And please don't pester @LoboFan07 for score updates, just carry your lazy butt to Twitter and he'll be tweeting it in realtime:
Lobo Football Twitter

GO LOBOS!

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Reminders of what both teams are facing head into tonight.

For Tyler, it's simple.

A Tyler win, they host either Magnolia or New Caney next week.
A Longview win by 10 or more, they travel to the loser of College Station vs Magnolia West next week.
A Longview win by 9 or less, they'll host either Magnolia or New Caney next week.

For Longview..
A Longview win by 10 or more, they'll host Magnolia or New Caney next week.
A Longview in win by 9 or less, they'll travel to the loser of College Station vs Magnolia West.
A Tyler win, they'll travel to the winner of College Station vs Magnolia West.

According to the Dallas Morning News, points won't come into play.  They have it as:

If Tyler wins, Tyler is the 2nd Seed, McKinney North is 3rd, and Longview is 4th

If Longview wins, Longview is the 2nd Seed, Tyler is 3rd, and McKinney North is 4th

And points difference doesn't matter.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, OrangeBlueDawgs said:

According to the Dallas Morning News, points won't come into play.  They have it as:

If Tyler wins, Tyler is the 2nd Seed, McKinney North is 3rd, and Longview is 4th

If Longview wins, Longview is the 2nd Seed, Tyler is 3rd, and McKinney North is 4th

And points difference doesn't matter.  

the points have to matter because there is a possible three way tie with no team having a head to head advantage. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Well, Murray is the best TXHSFB QB I've ever seen...so didn't want to go that extreme...lol 

But Hamilton will be really nice.

I'll put it to you this way, he'll be a highly sought after prospect one day. And can accomplish that at multiple positions.

Coaches kid who grew up in the program (sounds familiar)...like @LOL said...both parents are towers.

for sure...but AJ with HK skills is a deadly combo....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OrangeBlueDawgs said:

According to the Dallas Morning News, points won't come into play.  They have it as:

If Tyler wins, Tyler is the 2nd Seed, McKinney North is 3rd, and Longview is 4th

If Longview wins, Longview is the 2nd Seed, Tyler is 3rd, and McKinney North is 4th

And points difference doesn't matter.  

This is incorrect. 

Tyler paper confirmed that in a 3 way tie, it would go to points. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, 3rdcoastent said:

So what’s the deal with tickets are they selling them at the gate

All Longview home games are live streamed this year on YouTube.  Fans can watch it live and don't really have to travel to Longview tonight to see it. It will be streamed live on YouTube. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

That’s just on offense. To keep LV at 24 , the defense will have to turn them over “I’ll say at least 4 times, and asking this to be done on their own field is a tall order.

Getting a feel for the playoffs, on the road, packed house and for both teams to come away healthy Will be a win win for both.

No i think We can win this vs longview with Mcfall at QB,but its less likely. The offense is limited at what it does best.  Its all on Mcfall getting the reps and getting more comfortable. Now i doubt JT win this because i feel Mcfall is not ready for this type game yet but he can prove me wrong. Lastly, those of you talking about Longview blowing them out,hell no. May that night Highland park did it. But mcfall has gotten better since that thrown in the fire position. I think it will be a close but if we can get turnovers,we have a better chance at winning.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...