Gilmer vs Pg, District championship

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Man I belive PG will keep it close for a little while, but I belive Gilmer will pull away in the second half. I do believe this will be a good game with a fun atmosphere. 

Food for thought. From what I can gather Gilmer leads the series between the 2 teams 9-6 looking for number 10.

Last win over PG in 2020 with PG having five in a row from 2017-2019. Before that Gilmer won the previous 8 matchups between 2002-2016. PGs first win over Gilmer was in 2001.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 9:25 AM, Sbk5280 said:

Man I belive PG will keep it close for a little while, but I belive Gilmer will pull away in the second half. I do believe this will be a good game with a fun atmosphere. 

Food for thought. From what I can gather Gilmer leads the series between the 2 teams 9-6 looking for number 10.

Last win over PG in 2020 with PG having five in a row from 2017-2019. Before that Gilmer won the previous 8 matchups between 2002-2016. PGs first win over Gilmer was in 2001.

I think what you described is what it will be like. Close for one half maybe, with Buckeyes pulling away after halftime

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I think what you described is what it will be like. Close for one half maybe, with Buckeyes pulling away after halftime

Yes sir that is what I would like to see for sure. Everyone get all the nerves worked out early, then go to work. Both teams should be fired up with something to prove and district on the line. 

Just wish PG visitor side was a little bigger. We are gonna be packed in there like sardines lol. Nice stadium though.

5 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Yes sir that is what I would like to see for sure. Everyone get all the nerves worked out early, then go to work. Both teams should be fired up with something to prove and district on the line. 

Just wish PG visitor side was a little bigger. We are gonna be packed in there like sardines lol. Nice stadium though.

Guess P G could put their band in the visitors bleachers like some schools without much seating on the visitors side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Guess P G could put their band in the visitors bleachers like some schools without much seating on the visitors side. 

You know people always say that, but truth is very few visitors even come close to fill that side. Most games only half is really utilized. Not many teams travel well that are in our normal lineup. Other than a few hype games that make there way there. Personally I would rather have our band on the home side. 

35 minutes ago, Texlov said:

PG upsets Gilmer this week to start another run that will carry them to state finals in a year or two.

What are you smoking? Serious question how many of the 22 starters live in the PG district?  One of the dads told me at least 8 to 10 starters live out of the district! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhyUMad said:

What are you smoking? Serious question how many of the 22 starters live in the PG district?  One of the dads told me at least 8 to 10 starters live out of the district! 

No one said anything about open district until PG opened their district. LE and THigh have been open district longer than PG. In fact, most of Bowie county is open district.