Gilmer vs Pg, District championship

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, swaha said:

No one said anything about open district until PG opened their district. LE and THigh have been open district longer than PG. In fact, most of Bowie county is open district.

Because  they were terrible  when they was all white! Lol

13 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

What are you smoking? Serious question how many of the 22 starters live in the PG district?  One of the dads told me at least 8 to 10 starters live out of the district! 

Serious question, why do you care?  You have a problem with parents being able to choose where to get their education?  

14 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Serious question, why do you care?  You have a problem with parents being able to choose where to get their education?  

He is just like some of the guys on the football app. As long as some white kids transfer in, it is no problem, but as soon as some black kids transfer in to PG.... all hell breaks loose. 

9 minutes ago, swaha said:

He is just like some of the guys on the football app. As long as some white kids transfer in, it is no problem, but as soon as some black kids transfer in to PG.... all hell breaks loose. 

Not to mention, anytime someone's story starts with, "I heard ..." or "A dad told me ..." your bs meter ought to be going crazy.

As far as this game goes, I think PG has enough in the tank to keep it close ... for about a quarter or a quarter and 1/2. But Gilmer's got too many horses. Eventually, Tennison, Fluellen and Co. will hit some long scoring plays and break PG's spirit. Not to mention, the Buckeyes defense should be able to pin their ears back and come get the Hawks. This is game is teed up for the Gilmer defensive line. They ought to have the time of their lives in this one.

2 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Not to mention, anytime someone's story starts with, "I heard ..." or "A dad told me ..." your bs meter ought to be going crazy.

If that is what you think! I know what is going on over there didnt mean to hurt your feelings .Your full of it bs!

35 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Oh yea right them kids from all over are coming for the education u full of bs! U have that man crush on Gibson?

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I wouldn’t of thought they would of had 139 more kids than LE

People outside of Texarkana  just dont know how much recruiting  is going on over at PG!! They have at least five kids from LE alone playing football.

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I wouldn’t of thought they would of had 139 more kids than LE

LE has lost kids the last 3 to 4 realignments. If this poster is a reflection of a LE fan, then there is a reason parents are enrolling their kids in PG.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, swaha said:

I have a feeling I know more than you think. I like for people to continue to show their ignorance in writing. Keep up the good work!

You are ignorant when did i say you didnt know anything about that? Keep up the good work Josh!

2 minutes ago, swaha said:

LE has lost kids the last 3 to 4 realignments. If this poster is a reflection of a LE fan, then there is a reason parents are enrolling their kids in PG.

No im not from LE actually  im from PG! Keep that man crush on Josh!

29 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Oh yea right them kids from all over are coming for the education u full of bs! U have that man crush on Gibson?

I couldn't care less.  I am for school choice.  I believe parents should be able to send their kids wherever they want.  I'm not for recruiting.  But if your definition of recruiting is building a nice program and an atmosphere that people like, then you got nothing to be mad about.  If a program continues to hire bad coaches and the school district isn't worth attending, then why should we force kids to stay there?  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

People outside of Texarkana  just dont know how much recruiting  is going on over at PG!! They have at least five kids from LE alone playing football.

Kids leaving LE like crazy and they wanna blame everyone else.  No ones wants to figure out whats wrong at LE that makes them want to leave.....it's not just winning football games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

No im not from LE actually  im from PG! Keep that man crush on Josh!

I really do not care where you are from. People like you never find true success because you are dealing with your own shortcomings.  It is always easier to surround yourself with negativity and take cheap shots at HS coaches that are trying to impact kids. No coach is perfect, but Gibson has built a very good program for parents and kids. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, swaha said:

I really do not care where you are from. People like you never find true success because you are dealing with your own shortcomings.  It is always easier to surround yourself with negativity and take cheap shots at HS coaches that are trying to impact kids. No coach is perfect, but Gibson has built a very good program for parents and kids. 

What shortcomings do I have?  And yes I agree he has built a good program!  U dont know me so u dont know what I have! Im sorry  I hurt your feelings! 

Oh, my!  I thought I was on the Friday Night app for a few moments...😶

For what it's worth, PG runs an offense that our defense has traditionally had trouble with.  One reason is you can't emulate it in practice.  You have to play gap control, seal the edges, and hope everybody does their job and makes sure tackles.  Discipline is tantemount for sure.  Easier said than done for sure.

I do think Gilmer will win by a couple of scores, and could be a little more if they play sound defense, avoid turnovers and costly penalties, and find an offensive rhythm early.  Otherwise, it could be a lot closer than it should be, in my humble opinion.  I know PG will be UP for this game, just like the Buckeyes should be.  The first goal is at hand.  What are we going to do?

45 minutes ago, swaha said:

Do you really think i care what you think?