Gilmer vs Pg, District championship

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Brandon Tennison completed 27 of 34 passes for 355 yards and a touchdown, and the Gilmer Buckeyes clinched the district title with a convincing 55-14 win over Pleasant Grove.

Gilmer moves to 9-1 overall and 5-0 in the district. Pleasant Grove finishes the regular season 5-5 and 4-1. 

Rohan Fluellen caught 10 passes for 196 yards and a touchdown to lead the receiving corps for Gilmer. Jay Rockwell had five catches for 79 yards.

Ashton Haynes rushed for 83 yards and three touchdowns on just five carries, and Ladaylon Jackson and Michael Colbert added rushing touchdowns for the Buckeyes. 

You talking about domination man 

• Like 1

A few quick observations 

1. Best game by Gilmer all season. By far. Both offense and defense.  The game was NEVER in question, as Gilmer scored on their first 5 possessions, including a 99 yard drive. 

2. Glad to see the return of the vertical passing game. Seems like Gilmer has been throwing screens and short out routes since week 5.  They pushed the ball downfield deep tonight and it was very effective. 

3. Also glad to see the 2 goal line stands in the 2nd half.  The game was already out of reach, but Gilmer showed some real pride and kept PG out of the end zone. 

A great win. Hopefully this sets Gilmer up for a long playoff run. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Gilmer will not Get beat again until the semi finals against Celina.👍

2 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Gilmer will not Get beat again until the semi finals against Celina.👍

6 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

N Lamar and Springhill will make you better!! Beatdown

We will see about that Celina game hope both teams make it but I'll take Gimer in that one...btw much respect to PG back Boardley but he wasn't the best RB on the field not even close... 29 Haynes did damage on only 5 carries and played one and a half quarters 👀

5 minutes ago, BigGame said:

We will see about that Celina game hope both teams make it but I'll take Gimer in that one...btw much respect to PG back Boardley but he wasn't the best RB on the field not even close... 29 Haynes did damage on only 5 carries and played one and a half quarters 👀

Celina will push Gilmer around in fact I don’t think it will be that close.👍

16 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hahahahahahaha

Yea I was trying to be nice but I'm laughing as well... I know this is a new year but somebody get me the head to head records between the two teams Gilmer is leading I'm sure we ain't never feared Celina but respect to em

1 hour ago, BigGame said:

Boardley never came back in after knee injury.  

3 hours ago, BigGame said:

Your comment is really less about Boardley or Haynes and more about the Gilmer OL.