Canadian vs Childress, R1 D3 District Championship

THEHARDWAY

Canadian coming off a bad loss to a talented Tulia team, Childress coming off of a bye. If Childress wins, Canadian takes 4th in district. If Canadian wins, I have no idea who goes where.

Not sure how Childress is looking, but Canadian was injury riddled before last night, and lost 3 more players during last nights game. 

I won’t ever bet against our kids, but I think we are in for a long night!

34 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Canadian coming off a bad loss to a talented Tulia team, Childress coming off of a bye. If Childress wins, Canadian takes 4th in district. If Canadian wins, I have no idea who goes where.

Not sure how Childress is looking, but Canadian was injury riddled before last night, and lost 3 more players during last nights game. 

I won’t put bet against our kids, but I think we are in for a long night!

Man how long has it been since Canadian finished 4th?

Canadian can lose and still be able to make to play for the region 1 championship, if they get some guys back.  Gonna be tough.  Pulling for Canadian. Nothing against Childress.  They have a great team and would be a formidable opponent for whoever comes out of region 2, if they get there.

11 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Canadian can lose and still be able to make to play for the region 1 championship, if they get some guys back.  Gonna be tough.  Pulling for Canadian. Nothing against Childress.  They have a great team and would be a formidable opponent for whoever comes out of region 2, if they get there.

Health is key. As of now, we are on our 3rd string z, 4th string RB, 2nd string H, have a beat up QB, missing starting Bandit, Safety, WLB, CB. 

Worst year for injuries I can remember.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, cotton84 said:

If Canadian gets beat, they will probably tie for 2nd, 3rd and 4th - getting 4th by points.  
If Canadian wins, they will be co-champions and get the #1 seed. 

Someone actually figured all the scenarios. It’s pretty crazy!

ED742847-DF03-4AEF-BBC0-8BABE01555DF.png

Just the numbers :

Childress is scoring 49.9 against defenses that give up 27.1 on average (+22.7),  They also hold teams scoring 32.1 per game to just 17.8 (+14.3).  Total swing = +37.1. 

Canadian is scoring 48.1 against defenses averaging 29 ppg. (+19.1).  Canadian holds teams scoring 25.4 to 26.1 which is MORE than they normally score. 

Total swing stat :

Childress : +37.1

Canadian : +18.4

Unless Canadian pulls out something we haven't seen all season, it appears that Childress is going to win this district - by a lot.

1 minute ago, Pax said:

Just the numbers :

Childress is scoring 49.9 against defenses that give up 27.1 on average (+22.7),  They also hold teams scoring 32.1 per game to just 17.8 (+14.3).  Total swing = +37.1. 

Canadian is scoring 48.1 against defenses averaging 29 ppg. (+19.1).  Canadian holds teams scoring 25.4 to 26.1 which is MORE than they normally score. 

Total swing stat :

Unless Canadian pulls out something we haven't seen all season, it appears that Childress is going to win this district - by a lot.

Yikes! Thanks man!

10 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Yikes! Thanks man!

Take this with a grain of salt, my friend.  I want to play Canadian again.  Until they are beaten when it matters, I won't believe it.  If I predict based on pure numbers, it's a Childress win.  If I go by gut, it's Canadian easy.  I don't know what's going on with you guys this year, but I can only assume that it's coming for Gunter at some point.

1 hour ago, Pax said:

Take this with a grain of salt, my friend.  I want to play Canadian again.  Until they are beaten when it matters, I won't believe it.  If I predict based on pure numbers, it's a Childress win.  If I go by gut, it's Canadian easy.  I don't know what's going on with you guys this year, but I can only assume that it's coming for Gunter at some point.

It’s just been a perfect t storm this year. Only 3 Sr starters, and injuries. I think we have had 11+ Starters miss at least one game, and arguably our best 4 players miss 4+. It’s hard to build continuity with youth when you have different pieces every week. But, next man up. We should be loaded again for the next 2 years!

5 hours ago, Pax said:

Just the numbers :

Total swing stat :

Hey i remember these numbers from last year... We was told we would get blown out also in the state game. Lol just messing with you but canadian wins by 3

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Hey i remember these numbers from last year... We was told we would get blown out also in the state game. Lol just messing with you but canadian wins by 3

I remember the same conversation about yall.  They didn't know did they!!  Was a great game I'm ready for some deep playoff an championship games. It's crazy how 1 school in a district sticks out the most an blows teams out. It's very boring being on the winning side.. winning is cool an all but I would rather watch a battle an see talent show in its true form. I hope we get our rematch with yall this year.. good luck stay healthy throughout yalls playoffs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

My feeling is that the district belongs to Canadian until proven otherwise.  I wouldnt bet against them.  The numbers are not based on feelings.  They are what they are, and in last year's championship game, they didnt predict as close a game as it turned out to be.  I've been doing it the same way for several years now and they get it pretty close more often than not.  They can be wrong of course.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Only place to talk. The App is great for scores, but a total dumpster fire for conversation!

Thats a shame.  If it ever got found I bet it would take off.  Love the panhandle.  Great people and great country.