Joaquin Rams (5-3, 2-1) at Garrison Bulldogs (4-3, 1-2)

trueblue82

Who gets the 2 seed?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Dogs?

• Joaquin Rams
    • Garrison Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2021 at 12:00 AM

The Joaquin Rams will be looking to bounce back from a 47-0 drubbing at the hands of the unofficial district champion Timpson Bears when they travel to Garrison Friday night to take on the Bulldogs in a game that will help decide playoff seeding for District 10AA Div 1. Both teams are locked into the playoffs at this point. The Bulldogs are coming off of a bye week, marking the second straight game the Rams will play against a rested opponent. The Rams can nail down the #2 playoff seed out of the district with a win. A Bulldog win combined with Timpson beating Shelbyville will create a 3-way tie for 2nd between Joaquin, Garrison and Shelbyville. The Rams are 2-1 vs the Bulldogs over the last three years, winning a nail biter at Ram Stadium in 2020, a game that Head Coach Wade Lawson and three of his assistants missed due to Covid 19. However, both of the Rams recent wins over Garrison came at Ram Stadium. The last time Joaquin won at Garrison was 1990, a win that propelled the Rams to their first ever unbeaten regular season and their first district title in 31 years. The Bulldogs are trying to salvage their season at this point, with their three wins coming over Crockett (2-6), Groveton (1-7) and San Augustine (1-8). However, 3 of their 4 losses are to teams with winning records, including Shelbyville (6-3), Timpson (8-0) and Waskom (7-1). Can the Rams pull it together after a tough loss and go into the playoffs on a high note? Can the Bulldogs turn things around and make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear? 

Joaquin is cursed with getting 2nd in district. Could always be worse though. I remember when the Rams would be excited to simply score. Back when 30-40 fans would be in the stands and Billy Wiggins was in full effect. 

I think Garrison squeaks past the rams and we get that spicy 3 way tie. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

I wached the first half of the Timpson vs Joaquin game and I honestly believe Garrison has the better athletes/talent overall ... that doesn’t always mean you will come out on top .... Joaquin seems to get the most out of the talent they have and is very well coached .... I think this game is going to come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and who takes care of the ball .... not going to make a prediction,  it could go either way .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I wached the first half of the Timpson vs Joaquin game and I honestly believe Garrison has the better athletes/talent overall ... that doesn’t always mean you will come out on top .... Joaquin seems to get the most out of the talent they have and is very well coached .... I think this game is going to come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and who takes care of the ball .... not going to make a prediction,  it could go either way .....

Field conditions?

7 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Someone said Joe had 2 really good players on the sideline Vs timpson will they be playing Vs Garrison?

We don’t have any good players or good coaches. Haven’t you read any of the posts from the four-eyed canine that resides in Reklaw?

12 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Someone said Joe had 2 really good players on the sideline Vs timpson will they be playing Vs Garrison?

Bragg kid starting QB/FS.... out for year knee.....

Hutchins RB/LB .... been out broke ankle 6’1” 205.....  he be back playoffs 

It's been a strange season.  Both teams have been hit hard by injuries.  It looks like maybe we are figuring out who we are and then have another injury.  I think this has taken some of our fire away.  We have just looked flat the last few games.  Hopefully, the week of rest has helped us and hopefully we are hungry to play.  These teams are fairly evenly matched.  I think it comes down to who has the stronger will to win.

54 minutes ago, hunter92 said:

It's been a strange season.  Both teams have been hit hard by injuries.  It looks like maybe we are figuring out who we are and then have another injury.  I think this has taken some of our fire away.  We have just looked flat the last few games.  Hopefully, the week of rest has helped us and hopefully we are hungry to play.  These teams are fairly evenly matched.  I think it comes down to who has the stronger will to win.

Dawgs have athletes but line play has struggled when I’ve watched em twice this year....

3 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Dawgs have athletes but line play has struggled when I’ve watched em twice this year....

That’s the truth.  When we are confident about who to block, we look pretty decent.  We’re confused about half the time and I don’t understand why that hasn’t been fixed.  75 ain’t no joke though.