Your program’s dream hire

nacdragon07

I've always considered Gary Joseph the best in the state, so I'll go with him. 

Randy Allen, Todd Dodge and Chad Morris would be my 2nd, 3rd and 4th options in that order. 

After that, I'd just keep what we currently have.

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

If you could hire any coach from any Era to be the head football coach at your school who would you pick ? 

im taking Scott Surratt.

Would definitely be number 1 on most people's list. That man has won more state championships than any coach in the state of Texas . He is the Tom Brady of coaches. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If anyone says any other name other than Scott Surratt....they're either lying or got an issue in which we shouldn't discuss on a forum. 

I will take this time to honor 2 previous Tatum greats. A great man, I'd take back at the helm for sure, that created great young men and was a pretty awesome coach. Coach Andy Evans. Also another great, during his time of course, Coach John "I ain't gonna throw it" Crawford. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Jeff Traylor has been pretty impressive as well.

You can add him to. I felt Gilmer could of definitely had 2 or more state championships had he stayed in Gilmer. Comparing his high school coaching resume where it stands now. Scott Surratt is definitely better comparing 🍎  to  🍎 .

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

If anyone says any other name other than Scott Surratt....they're either lying or got an issue in which we shouldn't discuss on a forum. 

I will take this time to honor 2 previous Tatum greats. A great man, I'd take back at the helm for sure, that created great young men and was a pretty awesome coach. Coach Andy Evans. Also another great, during his time of course, Coach John "I ain't gonna throw it" Crawford. 

The success he has had so far, brings jealousy and envy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Prayers 1

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

We are very fortunate to have Coach Evans running our boys Jr High program at Beckville. Those kids would run through a brick wall for him. And as far as an AD, I think we’ve got a pretty good one in Cody Ross. He’s got a great staff with him, and they’ve got Beckville headed straight up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Yea, one comment left Surratt out intentionally. But I wasn’t surprised. Blatant, known hater.

Evans was a fantastic coach and example for the young men! 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Yea, one comment left Surratt out intentionally.

Damn, I'd respect you more if you'd just address me directly. lol

Well first off, OP asked for everyones personal choice. 

Also, If you actually watched ball outside of Panola County, and knew the game inside and out, you would understand why I chose Gary Joseph for Longview.

#1, he's my #1 coach in the state...therefore he'd be my #1 choice off the bat. Multiple state titles in the states highest and toughest class, and he's doing it in a multi HS school district. No other coach in the state has accomplished what he has, given those circumstances. He also gave us maybe the best defense ever, 2015 Katy. This year, Katy's defense is even without their best defensive player, Bobby Taylor III (who happens to have Longview roots) this year due to injury....yet the defense continues to dominate. Coaching. They didn't have their best defensive player last year and loss their D1 QB before the season. Guess what....they still won it all. Again, coaching.

#2, system. If Longview were to go from King to Joseph, there wouldn't be a complete overhaul of system because the two coaches run similar systems. King is a little more diverse but then again, he's offensive minded. Joseph is defensive minded...but Joseph is overall the much better HC.

The other 3 names that I mentioned are the three best QB guys in the state. They've had positive impacts at multiple places as HC's. I'm not gonna write a novel but if you're unfamiliar with the resumes of Randy Allen, Todd Dodge and Chad Morris...I seriously recommend doing some research. Chad Morris in particular is fascinating.