Your program’s dream hire

nacdragon07

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Damn, I'd respect you more if you'd just address me directly. lol

Well first off, OP asked for everyones personal choice. 

Also, If you actually watched ball outside of Panola County, and knew the game inside and out, you would understand why I chose Gary Joseph for Longview.

#1, he's my #1 coach in the state...therefore he'd be my #1 choice off the bat. Multiple state titles in the states highest and toughest class, and he's doing it in a multi HS school district. No other coach in the state has accomplished what he has, given those circumstances. He also gave us maybe the best defense ever, 2015 Katy. This year, Katy's defense is even without their best defensive player, Bobby Taylor III (who happens to have Longview roots) this year due to injury....yet the defense continues to dominate. Coaching. They didn't have their best defensive player last year and loss their D1 QB before the season. Guess what....they still won it all. Again, coaching.

#2, system. If Longview were to go from King to Joseph, there wouldn't be a complete overhaul of system because the two coaches run similar systems. King is a little more diverse but then again, he's offensive minded. Joseph is defensive minded...but Joseph is overall the much better HC.

The other 3 names that I mentioned are the three best QB guys in the state. They've had positive impacts at multiple places as HC's. I'm not gonna write a novel but if you're unfamiliar with the resumes of Randy Allen, Todd Dodge and Chad Morris...I seriously recommend doing some research. Chad Morris in particular is fascinating.

I wasn’t saying anything about the guys you did list. I know they are great for probably just about any program they would hypothetically take over! And I wasn’t even trying to say he’d be the best choice of all those, but do feel like he ought to be on anyone’s list at least. I just felt like given your history it was a blatant snub. Lol. 

I didn’t address you directly because it’s Sunday and I’m trying to find Jesus. 🤷🏻‍♂️And I knew you’d understand my post anyways.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

@HearEmaGrowlinwhy did you thumbs down my selection?

I highly dislike that man’s public persona. He may be great in his private life, but what we all see of him is a bad attitude and his actions are nothing to aspire to. He treats the media very poorly and is always acting like a sour puss.

I am not a fan at all.

Great coach, obviously, but he seems to be a rear end and I don’t want him around Carthage boys. 

• Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I highly dislike that man’s public persona. He may be great in his private life, but what we all see of him is a bad attitude and his actions are nothing to aspire to. He treats the media very poorly and is always acting like a sour puss.

I am not a fan at all.

Great coach, obviously, but he seems to be a rear end and I don’t want him around Carthage boys. 

I have watched him since he came to Carthage and I have never seen him be rude to anyone. He is a good Christian man and has made a difference in every young mans life that he has coached. 

This has been talked about a lot.  Surratt has said he has received good offers but college coaching robs you from the rest of your life.  He still wants to be a father to the last child he has at home.  Higher level coaching will be in his future.  The guy is a winner in every way.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Everyone knows Surratt has established himself as a legend in Tx HS Football.  Why a college hasn’t gave him an offer he can’t refuse is a mystery to me.  Look at this info about former Gilmer Coach Jeff Traylor.

https://goutsa.com/news/2021/10/31/football-utsa-traylor-agree-to-contract-extension-through-2031.aspx

He has probably been given several opportunities to go the college route, several ETX coaches have. They just choose to stay at their current positions because they love where they are and love what they do.

Besides all of that, the coaching world is a big buddy system. Coaching in college doesn't always automatically make you better than someone coaching in HS, more than likely it means that you knew the right person. I mean I'm not bashing anyone, but does anybody out there really believe that Kurt Traylor or Claude Mathis > Surratt, Randy Allen, Gary Joseph, Jon Kay, John King...or alot of these other ship winning TXHSFB coaches? I don't. 

Brian and Stephen Belichick are on the coaching staff of the New England Patriots. I'm pretty sure that had little to do with their coaching abilities/football resumes...and a lot to do with the fact that their pops is Bill Belichick lol

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

He has probably been given several opportunities to go the college route, several ETX coaches have. They just choose to stay at their current positions because they love where they are and love what they do.

Besides all of that, the coaching world is a big buddy system. Coaching in college doesn't always automatically make you better than someone coaching in HS, more than likely it means that you knew the right person. I mean I'm not bashing anyone, but does anybody out there really believe that Kurt Traylor or Claude Mathis > Surratt, Randy Allen, Gary Joseph, Jon Kay, John King...or alot of these other ship winning TXHSFB coaches? I don't. 

Brian and Stephen Belichick are on the coaching staff of the New England Patriots. I'm pretty sure that had little to do with their coaching abilities/football resumes...and a lot to do with the fact that their pops is Bill Belichick lol

Over many (very many, lol) years I’ve seen several prominent, successful HS Coaches move to College ball and fall flat.  Todd Dodge at North Texas State is a prime example.  I guess getting 110% from a group of HS kids is not the same as inspiring college age kids.  Still, if someone dangles enough money, Surratt will go rather than waiting.  
Btw colleges/universities, I’m available, cheap.  😂🤣😂

• LOL! 1

My list:
 1.) John T. Curtis, River Ridge-Curtis (26 state titles)
 2.) Todd Dayton, Cokeville (20 state titles)
 3.) Paul Sacco, St. Joseph (20 state titles)
 4.) Tony Karcich, Bergen Catholic, (20 state titles)
 5.) Seymour Williams, Tulsa-Washington (19 state titles)