Your program’s dream hire

nacdragon07

Waskom outside of a few years in the 70's and early 80's and one year in the 90's was a door mat for a donkey stomping and always a homecoming schedule for home teams. Keeling and staff came along and within 3 years made a good run and then two state championships, Keeling has proven himself able to build a program and keep it going. Besides I like to run the ball.  

Realistically I would love for Jason Herring to coach for WO. I feel like he’s the type of guy you want to win a lot of football games. Problem is some coaches are getting paid 100-160k a year. Think I saw where ex WO coach Stanford is paid 125k. 

I'm going with

Coach Klein (He has a lot more plays left in that notebook) 

Tony D if he can bring Willie Beamin in as his OC 

Grant Taylor had his kids believing in more than football

All kidding aside if you don't have the "Kids" then your team will be very well coached but you will think they underachieved. 

With that being said

Surratt

Hank Carter

Joseph

Dodge

Marty Criswell

Traylor

• LOL! 1

On 11/1/2021 at 12:03 PM, Hagar said:

Over many (very many, lol) years I’ve seen several prominent, successful HS Coaches move to College ball and fall flat.  Todd Dodge at North Texas State is a prime example.  I guess getting 110% from a group of HS kids is not the same as inspiring college age kids.  Still, if someone dangles enough money, Surratt will go rather than waiting.  
Btw colleges/universities, I’m available, cheap.  😂🤣😂

Btw, if you hire me you’ll get @CarthDawg77as DC.  Now that’s a deal you can’t refuse.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Btw, if you hire me you’ll get @CarthDawg77as DC.  Now that’s a deal you can’t refuse.

All us Carthage folk, those of us with any sense, anyway know full well that one day, this will all cease if & when the Dynamic Duo, ( Surratt & Preston) will accept one of those offers & move on. We are in No Hurry for that day to come around. I still say that if they remain here,  records could be set that could stand for decades. These guys are as good as it gets. No Doubt about That!👌😎🏈🏆X????

• Like 1

Something else to think about. We tend to list coaches who have a lot of wins. I’m also thinking about the coaches who made their players better young men in the community.  Who made sure they Graduated and went to college. Who are active in the community. They may not necessarily have the greatest win loss record but they are still important. If I was hiring a head coach that’s most of the traits I’m looking for. 

• Prayers 1