Texas Isn't Ready For Another Deep Freeze

BarryLaverty

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Lots is being done to help the environment and more needs to be done, but this is a team sport where everyone should be in the game for us to win.

And, I didn't make any additional purchases, as I will have three kids in college next year, and I trusted my leaders in Austin to do the right thing, so that hundreds of lives aren't sacrificed again at the altar of Big O and G. Yourself? 

so you’re just another liberal hypocrite that thinks change needs to be made, yet doesn’t sacrifice for the greater good.  Got it!!!    If enough liberals bought their own bill of goods and would try to truly be a leader in this environmental process maybe we’d see if global warming was a real thing!  Or maybe we’d see it was bogus like most believe.  What does having 3 kids in college have to do with anything?  You have a car now.  Trade it in in a plug in ECar.  I believe that we are seeing that wind turbines and solar panels are beneficial, but not sustainable for us to be all in in them.  I think they can help  supplement the growing need for more power, but will never be the main source.  I believe that’s what the winter storm of 2020 proved to us.  Liberals want to point to a once every 50 year storm to say the O&G power plants didn’t keep the system up.  Solar panels are inefficient in cloudy days and turbines don’t turn unless it’s windy.  It’s cloudy more than it snows and hard freezes in Texas.  So really the answer is more liberals putting their money where their mouths are and doing the things they think everybody else should do, but we see that’s not going to happen.  

you ask what I’ve done?

I bought a duramax diesel so I could haul things halfway across the country.  I take my family camping so I can see this beautiful country that liberals obviously hate.  I stimulate those local economies.    I buy American products when I can, so Americans can prosper better under this horrible administration that has crippled our workers.  I work in oil and gas that Biden began attacking day1 in office and have seen the tasks that have happened the last 20 years to improve the environmental aspects of the industry.  We provide clean burning natural gas to fire the power plants that generate power to power the ECar you won’t buy to save the planet.  I buy American made bourbons and beer and don’t need some soy boy man bunner looking down his reading specs at me

25 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

so you’re just another liberal hypocrite that thinks change needs to be made, yet doesn’t sacrifice for the greater good.  Got it!!!    If enough liberals bought their own bill of goods and would try to truly be a leader in this environmental process maybe we’d see if global warming was a real thing!  Or maybe we’d see it was bogus like most believe.  What does having 3 kids in college have to do with anything?  You have a car now.  Trade it in in a plug in ECar.  I believe that we are seeing that wind turbines and solar panels are beneficial, but not sustainable for us to be all in in them.  I think they can help  supplement the growing need for more power, but will never be the main source.  I believe that’s what the winter storm of 2020 proved to us.  Liberals want to point to a once every 50 year storm to say the O&G power plants didn’t keep the system up.  Solar panels are inefficient in cloudy days and turbines don’t turn unless it’s windy.  It’s cloudy more than it snows and hard freezes in Texas.  So really the answer is more liberals putting their money where their mouths are and doing the things they think everybody else should do, but we see that’s not going to happen.  

you ask what I’ve done?

I bought a duramax diesel so I could haul things halfway across the country.  I take my family camping so I can see this beautiful country that liberals obviously hate.  I stimulate those local economies.    I buy American products when I can, so Americans can prosper better under this horrible administration that has crippled our workers.  I work in oil and gas that Biden began attacking day1 in office and have seen the tasks that have happened the last 20 years to improve the environmental aspects of the industry.  We provide clean burning natural gas to fire the power plants that generate power to power the ECar you won’t buy to save the planet.  I buy American made bourbons and beer and don’t need some soy boy man bunner looking down his reading specs at me

All that bile must take it out of you. That had zero impact other than to give me a chuckle at your faux indignation and your breaking your arm patting yourself on the back so hard. :rofl:

9 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

All that bile must take it out of you. That had zero impact other than to give me a chuckle at your faux indignation and your breaking your arm patting yourself on the back so hard. :rofl:

Rather pay my back than be the hypocrite you are!! 

12 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

See, you are all worked up. Pay your back? Fix that and settle down. 

Typos happen without being worked up.  It’s funny you think you got me worked up!!!  I’ve been laughing at your hypocrisy since you typed it!!!  You must not be very passionate about your liberal beliefs I guess

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

The Sahara used to be lush and green.

The entire earth was supposedly frozen solid once too.  The scientists can’t get carbon dating to within 150,000 years, but they’re certain the earth is 4.65 billion years old.  My historical geology textbook would start every sentence with “scientists believe….” 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, you think we shouldn't play, if all won't? We shouldn't do our part that we can, as a leader in the world? 

Don't you think that we are already ahead of the curve when it comes to conservation? I would think that we would want other nations to catch us when it comes to environment. 

9 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Anyway.....bring it on......plenty of firewood.....lotta blankets.......and a really good, and well fueled generator......you whiney babies in the city may not be prepared, but this dude is.......

I don't think many of these whiners live in the city, but just as the SkyNet newscaster who brought Greta down to size they are dependent on their electronic devices, air conditioners, and heaters.  I went through this entire summer without using my AC.  At night I would open all the windows and had two box fans at opposite sides of the house.  Those $43 electric bills helped with Bidenflation.  I do have a two story house and the bedroom is upstairs, and heat rises.  I still slept like a baby.  

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Liberals want to fight global warming.  Liberals should quit having babies, quit requiring more homes for themselves and plant more forests to absorb the co2.  That should be a good start.  They could lead the way to fight this global warming thing.  

@BarryLaverty, what model EV did you buy to help out?  

We have more trees in America now than we did when this country first began.  Many of them are grown on farms, back then they did replant, but there weren't large paper factories to farm those trees.  

50 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The entire earth was supposedly frozen solid once too.  The scientists can’t get carbon dating to within 150,000 years, but they’re certain the earth is 4.65 billion years old.  My historical geology textbook would start every sentence with “scientists believe….” 

I've already posted the data from NOAA that we are in one of the coldest periods in the history of 4.65 billion years.  The earth was a lot hotter before the ice ages.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nope, just clarification of the overall impact, and global warming IS occurring, by the way, with an increase in temperature steadily climbing, and that will impact the world. 

Global Cooling we are all going to die! Circa 1978 BarryLaverty

Global Warming we are all going to die! Circa 2000 BarryLaverty 

Global Climate Change we are all going to die do to extreme weather! Today BarryLaverty

So extreme weather is new to world history? 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Gonna have to say that this article is probably correct. Texas' grid is probably not ready for another cold snap like that, but what are the chances of that happening again within the next 10 years. 

I enjoyed the snow and cold. Didn't have water for 6 days, but had electricity and a roaring fireplace the entire time. Had to use the swimming pool water to keep the toliets flushing, though. 

I just need to winterize my well shed a little better .... never lost electricity,  but I have a 22KW Generac whole house propane generator just in case ....

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

It wasn't green energy that failed us in February. Glad we got some solar back up now just in case.

It's odd that this was the first time in 53 years that they blamed it on the grid.  We've only been using green energy for about 5-10 years as a minor supplier for energy.  This wasn't due to power lines down because of ice from sleet.  

4 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've already posted the data from NOAA that we are in one of the coldest periods in the history of 4.65 billion years.  The earth was a lot hotter before the ice ages.  

Facts are rarely used by libs to prove a point...it's all about propaganda to farther the cause...AOC and Big Al G. are prime examples of spewers of garbage to further their cause and fatten their bank accounts...and the liberal sheep follow along.

4 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's odd that this was the first time in 53 years that they blamed it on the grid.  We've only been using green energy for about 5-10 years as a minor supplier for energy.  This wasn't due to power lines down because of ice from sleet.  

yes they blamed it on the grid. They had to shut down power. You can't tell me that 33% of green energy caused the "rolling" blackouts.

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I just need to winterize my well shed a little better .... never lost electricity,  but I have a 22KW Generac whole house propane generator just in case ....

If you're in east tx, you were on the federal grid. (very lucky). We definitely had to get a generator. Came into use during an outage on saturday.

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Worthless phony liberal ranking  ....

To hear the liberals tell it we’re dead last.  The funny thing, I went back and checked the link after your comment, that’s not even the link I copied and pasted.  I gave no idea where that came from.