Carthage D2 Playoffs

TCU44

28 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

You may be right, but they have some good speed, especially at RB.  If he gets in the open, he's gonna be hard to run down.  I think this defense is more than up to the challenge, but a few busted plays combined with the Dawgs turnover issues could make things interesting against some of these teams.

I have watched a few of their games. 
The only team they have played with a pulse is Lorena. Lorena defense gave them fits, forced three and outs plus INT. China Spring won that game 21 to 13. The other games they ran and passed with no problem. Major is a good QB but he has not faced a dominate defense. They have blown everyone out except Lorena. 
The Dawgs turn the ball over on their end of the field, China Spring definitely would have a chance. 

Carthage has 86 points scored against them so far this season. (that includes the zero points we (Jasper) scored).

Jasper has had 80 points scored against them this season (73 against the defense ) that includes the 28 Carthage got when they squeaked by Jasper a few weeks ago. 😉😜

just saying.......

On 11/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, HornetSenior said:

Quinlan issue is its pass Defense though. Quinlan stops the run very well but the secondary has some trouble in coverage.  A really good spread passing team will give them a lot of trouble in the playoffs. It would be tough for Ford to get past Gilmer in the Region 2 Final or even Glen Rose/Pleasant Grove in round 3.

Glen Rose shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence with Gilmer and PG. 

41 minutes ago, rocksoldier1 said:

Glen Rose shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence with Gilmer and PG. 

Glen Rose has a very dangerous dual threat QB. They beat top 10 3A-D1 Grandview 54-24. Although they only beat Hillsboro by 7, I wouldn't just give PG the win over them. Glen Rose has a way better team than they did last year.