Gary Patterson Out At TCU

Stoney

61 years old. I didn’t think he was that old. TCU has fallen off but he showed that you could win there. Could they become one of the big dogs in the new Big 12? Wonder if a certain UTSA coach would have been interested in the job?

Jeremy Clark TCU 247

This was leading down this path the last 24 hours...I think most of you could tell by my tone today.

What I know, I was told by several people that Donati told GP last night that he would be asking him to resign by the end of the year. I distinctly remember seeing PumpJack post it and thinking, yep, it's getting around. But, I needed confirmation and while I tried to call GP several times today, he wasn't picking up. So, you guys know he likes Newy better! haha. Anyhow, I was told GP did not want to wait until the end of the year and he decided to part ways. Once they had the team meeting today, he let them know. 

I was told GP sat alone in the back of the plane last night. Another thing that let me know something was coming soon was the fact people I talk to and trust all said he'd been acting much different the past few days. I was told last night after the game that he was hugging a lot of people and this caught the attention of the players; they knew something was coming. 

I'm digging for more and trying to reach GP. 

For those that are interested in names at the top of the list, you don't have to look far. He's 30 minutes to the east. Dykes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

If you just go by recruiting ranking then TCU is consistently the 3rd most talented team in the Big 12. 

They have not played like it since 2017.

TCU fell apart when their recruiting increased.  Tell me that isn’t some weird stuff.

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

TCU fell apart when their recruiting increased.  Tell me that isn’t some weird stuff.

Patterson was always known as the guy who could take his 3*, coach them up and beat your 4* & 5*. Maybe that message gets lost on that upper tier talent?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

Patterson was always known as the guy who could take his 3*, coach them up and beat your 4* & 5*. Maybe that message gets lost on that upper tier talent?

People want him at LSU... Hard pass for me... and I love and respect the guy as a coach, I just don't think he can do it at LSU.  He is more of a fit for Vanderbilt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

So are we saying that TCU is a better job than Texas Tech? 

Yet, he signs an extension through 2031 with the team his is coaching right now. But I guess like any contract--it can be broken if need be. 

7.5 mill buyout

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

TCU is a way better job than Tech.

Better pay, better alums (though significantly fewer), better market, better access to recruits, better (recent) reputation...  it's no comparison. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, LOL said:

Better pay, better alums (though significantly fewer), better market, better access to recruits, better (recent) reputation...  it's no comparison. 

Not only that, Patterson got the 4* guys at TCU, he just didn’t win with them.  We know  that he can win with upper tier talent… he did it at Gilmer

• Like 2