If this church goes any further right they may end up left

ctown81

5 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Flag worship is a thing now. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8uWBW4t/

I don't think they're worshipping a flag.  I think they are singing a Patriotic song and using the flag as a prop.  I know at my church that they will occasionally have a church member perform a song.  Some of the songs that they perform are mainstream music, but it has to be uplifting.  Usually they will play with a harp, flute, or other band type instrument.  I think this guy was jumping to conclusions, because it appears that only the one guy and three women were singing.  Usually choirs have more than four people in them, unless it's an extremely small church.  

5 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't think they're worshipping a flag.  I think they are singing a Patriotic song and using the flag as a prop.  I know at my church that they will occasionally have a church member perform a song.  Some of the songs that they perform are mainstream music, but it has to be uplifting.  Usually they will play with a harp, flute, or other band type instrument.  I think this guy was jumping to conclusions, because it appears that only the one guy and three women were singing.  Usually choirs have more than four people in them, unless it's an extremely small church.  

This was definitely idol worship.  As for the choir, most "modern" churches have praise teams as opposed to the old school choir.

19 hours ago, ctown81 said:

This was definitely idol worship.  As for the choir, most "modern" churches have praise teams as opposed to the old school choir.

I didn't see them kneeling before the flag or praying to it.  I listened to the lyrics and they were grateful for the flag that represents the freedom that they have to worship God.