Paris(6-3/3-2) @ Argyle(8-1/4-1) and Kaufman(7-2/3-2) @ Melissa(7-2/5-0)

regaleagle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Parisian said:

This district matches with 8-4A-1 in the first round.  Barring huge second-half comebacks the seeding looks like:

1. Carter

2. Lincoln

3. Wilmer-Hutchins

4. North Dallas

This will be a sweep by District 7 over District 8.........get out the brooms, Boyz!  

Stephenville and La Vega are STRONG, for sure.  I don't think Heritage has enough gas in the tank to last.  Argyle is rounding out right now into a much better team now than all season.   Melissa needs Fennegan at QB for certain.  Paris is no pushover........they are dangerous for sure.  Kaufman right now is a total question mark in this type of competitive region without Clamon on board to spread the defense for the Lions playmakers.

At this particular moment in time, Region 2 looks very solid.  In my estimation, I would put Argyle and Stephenville as playing the best ball going into the playoffs.  An injury to one of Stephenville's key offensive players could certainly cause serious problems for them.  Argyle has depth out the kazoo, and played at least 50 players tonight against Paris......maybe even more......just for comparison.  Argyle regularly plays at least 40 players, even in tight ballgames.  Coach Rogers believes in platoons and lots of substitutions during the game.  In a long season, it seems to work out best for the team as a whole.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:29 PM, regaleagle said:

At this particular moment in time, Region 2 looks very solid.  In my estimation, I would put Argyle and Stephenville as playing the best ball going into the playoffs.  An injury to one of Stephenville's key offensive players could certainly cause serious problems for them.  Argyle has depth out the kazoo, and played at least 50 players tonight against Paris......maybe even more......just for comparison.  Argyle regularly plays at least 40 players, even in tight ballgames.  Coach Rogers believes in platoons and lots of substitutions during the game.  In a long season, it seems to work out best for the team as a whole.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

3 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

I don’t who is playing best.  Stephenville is a complete team from what I have seen.  Have not seen Argyle since Melissa, did they figure something out on offense? La Vega is an enigma to me.  Heritage could jump up and bite someone.  Melissa is solid but revolves around one player essentially.  

SV and Argyle will cake walk to regional quarters to face one another. The bottom of the bracket seems a little tougher.  If Melissa makes it to regional finals they are going to have to go through Heritage and La Vega.  If they make it how bad will they be beat up to get there?  Going to be exciting.  

Yeah.......Argyle changed the offense 5 games ago and inserted Jett Copeland as the QB and put Jacob Robinson back at safety......his natural position from last season.  Everything is clicking now, and the defense has never been an issue this season.  Just look at the points scored the last 5 games.......and it could have been more but the 2's/3's played a lot of minutes in those games.  Back on track and back to the whack attack.  Argyle is a very good football team now........they can win the whole thing if things go right for them.  The Eagles certainly have the players, the coaching staff, and the depth to get it done.  And the experience.

The offense for Argyle is not as explosive as last season, but it doesn't have to be with the defense as good as it can be, and the terrific depth at all positions this season.  BUT.......the offense IS continuing to improve each week as Copeland and his coharts meld together into a more effecient unit and learn how to make plays together.   That learning curve and chemistry on offense is starting to show very positive results in many different areas......the offensive line has improved its performances little by little. The receivers and Copeland are getting on the same page.  The RB's are running with more confidence now........and Copeland is gaining tons of experience behind center as the leader of the offense now.