4A D2 Playoff sleepers.

TCU44

11 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

LE beat SH 21-15. If LE scored 18 points in the game’s last 2 minutes, that’s wild. What happened? A couple of SH turnovers?

I'm sorry SH was up 15-8 with 2:51 left in the game, threw a pick six on 4th down, got the ball back on the kickoff, went three and out and gave up a big play and a score right before the game ended. They were leading 15-14 with 12 seconds left in the game, then LE TD.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

Their most impressive win so far is a trio of close losses to Malakoff, Pleasant Grove and Gilmer. They've picked up actual wins over North Lamar (58-0) and Spring Hill (42-28).

I'm sure they have improved, and they're feeling good heading into the playoffs, especially if they are able to beat LE. But will they make a deep run? Highly unlikely. I think a second or MAYBE a third-round appearance ought to be considered a really, really good year for the Pirates. Not sure what they'll bring back next season, but this is likely a building block for next year, when it's possible they'll make some legit noise.

Ever since #21 took over at QB, just started to click on offense better and helping that defense stay off the field most of the game and they were having trouble with turnovers at that time too. Seems like things are getting better. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

I saw LE nearly beat them. Plus, didn't they almost just lose to canton?

1 hour ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

They've got to get back to the Van that beat Lindale

I agree. Don't know what is going on with their defense. Their offense just gassed us in the 4th and didn't help we had two back to back turnovers, one for a td and the other deep in our side on kickoff. 

Just as long as Rainey is health and going, I'll take Van unless it's against Carthage or maybe Gilmer

4 hours ago, LoboPiratePanther said:

I don't think any team WANTS to see Pittsburg in the playoffs. Talk about a team that's got some momentum going into the playoffs, especially if they win tomorrow night. They are finally figuring out how to win with their new systems. If they beat LE tomorrow, who will they get in the first round?

Winner of LE and Pittsburgh will be 3rd in District 8 and the loser 4th. Winner plays the loser of Van vs Hillsboro, who are playing for 1st and 2nd in District 7. Loser has to play Winner of same game.

Calpreps.com(Maxpreps) ratings

0 is national average.

Region 2

(4) GILMER (8-1) 47.8

(8) Van (9-0) 43.3

(11) GLEN ROSE(8-1) 35.3

(14) Quinlan Ford(9-0) 30.0

(17) Pleasant Grove(5-4) 28.4

(25) Caddo Mills(6-3) 22.5

(30) Sunnyvale(4-5) 21.3

(31) Liberty-Eylau(5-4) 20.1

Canton 37th, Pittsburg 43rd, Hillsboro 46th

So for example, Van would be a 23 point Favorite versus LE at neutral site.

http://calpreps.com/2021/ratings/Texas_division.htm#4A-2

3 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

LE beat SH 21-15. If LE scored 18 points in the game’s last 2 minutes, that’s wild. What happened? A couple of SH turnovers?

Don’t even get me started on the LE vs SH game!  But Pitt was the better team vs SH and the scoreboard showed it.  I think Pitt beats LE and gets the 3rd playoff spot.  They have a Jasper type defense with a much more potent Jasper type ball control offense.  They will be a handful in the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

Region 3

(1) Carthage(8-0) 60.4

(3) China Spring(9-0) 56.0

(5) WOS(7-1) 46.2

(6) Bellville(9-0) 45.6

(12) Salado(6-3) 31.7

(13) Hamshire-Fannett(6-3) 31.0

(15) Orangefield(6-3) 29.9

(16) Jasper(4-4) 29.5

(18) Rusk(7-2) 27.7

(19) Silsbee(5-4) 26.8

(24) Sealy(6-3) 22.7

(33) Waco Connaly, (38) Madisonville, (39)Liberty

23 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Celina is interesting as they have lost to Argyle (in a shutout) but beat Melissa pretty handily to start the year....who turned around and beat Argyle...probably need some more information around that because it's a headscratcher.

West Orange Stark is out there, but they haven't played anyone any good.

Bellville is undefeated and they have a huge point differential.  Closest game was against Stafford who got demolished by El Campo.

Pretty sure teams like Cuero, Sinton, Wimberly, and Van fully believe they have a chance at going all the way.  That's why you play.  I think this will be a pretty exciting postseason for 4AD2.

who has wo-s played three state ranked teams.let me clear this up for you first of the season one D1 4a team said no thanks  then came the 5a d2 mybe next year what dose that tell you

2 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

who has wo-s played three state ranked teams.let me clear this up for you first of the season one D1 4a team said no thanks  then came the 5a d2 mybe next year what dose that tell you

u dont even know who they haved played maybe you do maybe you dont

11 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

Something tells me WOS is going to lose again before they get a shot at Carthage.  

2 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Yes and the Cowboys will win the super bowl as me as Qb or Surratt coming to Henderson. Yeah sounds stupid out loud. Don’t let the beer talk for you.

I think Powerlifter must be drinking Absinthe with the crazy mess he talks sometimes.  

6 hours ago, LoboPiratePanther said:

I don't think any team WANTS to see Pittsburg in the playoffs. Talk about a team that's got some momentum going into the playoffs, especially if they win tomorrow night. They are finally figuring out how to win with their new systems. If they beat LE tomorrow, who will they get in the first round?

Only if they can stay infront of the sticks 

3 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Region 3

(1) Carthage(8-0) 60.4

(3) China Spring(9-0) 56.0

(5) WOS(7-1) 46.2

(6) Bellville(9-0) 45.6

(12) Salado(6-3) 31.7

(13) Hamshire-Fannett(6-3) 31.0

(15) Orangefield(6-3) 29.9

(16) Jasper(4-4) 29.5

(18) Rusk(7-2) 27.7

(19) Silsbee(5-4) 26.8

(24) Sealy(6-3) 22.7

(33) Waco Connaly, (38) Madisonville, (39)Liberty

Where does Gatesville rank? 
And Sweeny?  And LaMarque?

On 11/3/2021 at 2:40 PM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Rusk?

I wish that could be true. I love my Eagles but there is no way we can beat Carthage. I also believe our chances are as good as any team in 4A, Slim to none and slim has left the building. 
As far as Celina and Gilmer getting beat it’s kind of irrelevant. The time will be one minute after midnight with Surratt and his evil stepsisters waiting for any Cinderella that gets by those two. Just saying 

• LOL! 1

On 11/3/2021 at 3:19 PM, JBizzle said:

Celina is interesting as they have lost to Argyle (in a shutout) but beat Melissa pretty handily to start the year....who turned around and beat Argyle...probably need some more information around that because it's a headscratcher.

West Orange Stark is out there, but they haven't played anyone any good.

Bellville is undefeated and they have a huge point differential.  Closest game was against Stafford who got demolished by El Campo.

Pretty sure teams like Cuero, Sinton, Wimberly, and Van fully believe they have a chance at going all the way.  That's why you play.  I think this will be a pretty exciting postseason for 4AD2.

El Campo also only beat Columbia by 21 (63-42)and Bellville beat Columbia 56-6. 

• Like 1