Broncos @ Dallas

Week 9  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Denver Broncos
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2021 at 06:00 PM

5 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Kinda looks like it. The announcers keep talking about how dominant Denver has been today. I think they’ve played well, but I don’t think that has anything to do with the current score. 

I haven’t seen a team this flat in a long time. They even found a way to screw up a blocked punt. 

A long time ?  All you have to do is go back and look at the last 3 of 4 seasons.  This game was almost as bad as the last time we played in Denver.  If other teams can exploit the flaws that Denver did today, then that 6-2 can just as easily be 6-11.  I only saw 3 points left on the field with the second attempt on fourth down.  Receivers were also dropping balls that we haven't seen all year.  

That is the first time I can remember anything like that on a punt play.  Denver didn't even advance it past the first down marker.  It was like a basketball rule when the ball goes out of bounds, but even in the NFL on a fumble you have to have possession of the ball to recover it.  I can't remember a single punt block like that at any level going back to Pop Warner/Little League football.  

49 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

A long time ?  All you have to do is go back and look at the last 3 of 4 seasons.  This game was almost as bad as the last time we played in Denver.  If other teams can exploit the flaws that Denver did today, then that 6-2 can just as easily be 6-11.  I only saw 3 points left on the field with the second attempt on fourth down.  Receivers were also dropping balls that we haven't seen all year.  

That is the first time I can remember anything like that on a punt play.  Denver didn't even advance it past the first down marker.  It was like a basketball rule when the ball goes out of bounds, but even in the NFL on a fumble you have to have possession of the ball to recover it.  I can't remember a single punt block like that at any level going back to Pop Warner/Little League football.  

No, there is a difference between a bad team getting their butts kicked, which is what we’ve seen the last few years, and a good team simply coming out flat, which is what we saw today. 

• Like 2

The game today sucked. However, I’m not that concerned as majority of why we lost had nothing to do with Denver ‘exploiting’ weaknesses. It was simply Dallas coming out flat. They can easily correct all the things that went wrong today. 

• Like 2

Somebody please tell me why Dak was still in the game down 30 pts in mid 4th qt.  Is McCarthy out of his mind???? Coming off an injury.  Good Lord what do we have to do to get a head coach that has some common sense. (yeah.....I know......get a GM with some common sense)

Can you just imagine what would be going on today if Dak had gotten hurt????  

On 11/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, THSfanatic said:

Somebody please tell me why Dak was still in the game down 30 pts in mid 4th qt.  Is McCarthy out of his mind???? Coming off an injury.  Good Lord what do we have to do to get a head coach that has some common sense. (yeah.....I know......get a GM with some common sense)

Because he hadn’t played in 3 weeks. Did you watch the game? He was VERY rusty. He needed the work. 

With all due respect....... I completely reject your response.  My worry was him playing a meaningless 1/2 qt coming off an injury.  The calf injury had not kept him from throwing the entire week even though he didn't play at Minnesota.  He was injured practically all of last year, didn't play ANY preseason games, and came out fine in the opener vs TB.   If you rely on playing a half qt with the defense playing prevent to "knock of the rust" that sounds desperate to me.

Just try to imagine if he had gotten hurt for the season in a meaningless quarter trying to get "unrusty".  The season would be lost and you would be calling for the coach's head. 

And yes....I watched the game.  

On 11/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, THSfanatic said:

He played like he was still hurt at that.  It was his second worst completion performance of his career.  Maybe McCarthy didn't want to bench him, because of the ego thing.  

43 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

With all due respect....... I completely reject your response.  My worry was him playing a meaningless 1/2 qt coming off an injury.  The calf injury had not kept him from throwing the entire week even though he didn't play at Minnesota.  He was injured practically all of last year, didn't play ANY preseason games, and came out fine in the opener vs TB.   If you rely on playing a half qt with the defense playing prevent to "knock of the rust" that sounds desperate to me.

Just try to imagine if he had gotten hurt for the season in a meaningless quarter trying to get "unrusty".  The season would be lost and you would be calling for the coach's head. 

And yes....I watched the game.  

It’s not a matter of accepting or rejecting my response. You have your opinion, I have mine. 
My concern with his calf ended the moment he was good to go to play the game. 
Btw, he came out rusty against TB as well. He missed a few early passes. He didn’t get into rhythm by sitting on the bench. You’ve got to be on the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

It’s not a matter of accepting or rejecting my response. You have your opinion, I have mine. 
My concern with his calf ended the moment he was good to go to play the game. 
Btw, he came out rusty against TB as well. He missed a few early passes. He didn’t get into rhythm by sitting on the bench. You’ve got to be on the field. 

It is all good.   I used poor wording and I didn't mean to insult your opinion.    I just felt it was gambling the rest of the season to keep him out there.

• Like 1