⚾⚾ THE OFFICIAL ASTROS OFFSEASON THREAD⚾⚾

RETIREDFAN1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to ⚾⚾ THE OFFICIAL ASTROS OFFSEASON THREAD⚾⚾

Dropping salaries of Correa, Verlander, and Greinke.  You can roll the dice at SS and hope the rising star Pena can make the jump (actually my preference) or sign one of the many SS that will be on the market.  Lots of salary space is opened.  I think we are good in the outfield. Need a backup catcher. Need a starting pitcher.  But my personal preference is to spend money NOW and lock up Tucker and Alvarez.  Everybody wants money now.  Offer them a more than fair value and they might take the Bregman route which is guarantee yourself early and you will still have time for a BIG BIG contract later. ($ in the bank is better than $ you might have in 4 years).  I'd lock those 2 up if they will bite and pay good money on a #2 or #3 pitcher.

This team is gonna be good. The young pitchers have proven themselves and will only get better. With a core of Altuve, Bregman, Alvarez, Tucker, Gurriel, and Brantley you have plenty of thunder. Siri has unlimited potential in the outfield but also has that "flash in a pan" possibility.  Myers and McCormick both look big league ready. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

That aint gonna be enough.......

You got that right. It will probably take 300M for 10 years.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His wife may decide to give him another rough massage that will sideline him for another half season😂

• LOL! 1

I'm okay with $32 million a year. I'm not cool with anything over 5 years. 

I go after Robbie Ray, Carlos Rodon, or even Kris Bassitt

SS I look at Trevor Story or Marcus Simien...

Pick who you want from Meyers, Siri, and McCormick and trade the third for a bullpen arm...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, topher805 said:

I'm okay with $32 million a year. I'm not cool with anything over 5 year

Pick who you want from Meyers, Siri, and McCormick and trade the third for a bullpen arm...

Completely agree with the first statement. DON'T go over 5 years.  He is gone.  We have to accept that

Of the 3 OFs I would trade McCormick.  I like all 3, but Siri is a BIG boom or BIG bust.  Roll the dice.  I Like Myers a lot.  He is a keeper.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't put any big money on Correa long term .... he is way over rated .... the Astros would be crazy to spend the 100s of millions on him it would take to sign him .... I hated it that they lost Springer ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I wouldn't put any big money on Correa long term .... he is way over rated .... the Astros would be crazy to spend the 100s of millions on him it would take to sign him .... I hated it that they lost Springer ...

100% agree.  Give me Springer over Correa all day long

• 3 months later...

Correa signs with Twins, here is my thoughts on Correa, he is a very good SS but just a little above average as a hitter, he is often injured but last season was his first to not be hurt. I would have like to have signed him to maybe a 5 year deal but not break the bank in doing so. We have to sign Alvarez and Kyle down the road and I think that would be money well spent. Correa has the opt out in his contract after one year, he thinks he will get a big contract, I am thinking he just might but I doubt a 10 year deal is in the making