Rittenhouse Trial Day 3: State’s Own Witnesses Damage Prosecution, Reinforce Self-Defense Narrative

Monte1076

I dont know how this will shake out but I do know this much...Mr Rittenhouse was asking for trouble when he grabbed a weapon and intentionally put himself in the middle of such a volatile situation. Now a couple of people are dead and he could be facing decades in prison. I hope being a wannabe bad*** was worth it. 

9 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont know how this will shake out but I do know this much...Mr Rittenhouse was asking for trouble when he grabbed a weapon and intentionally put himself in the middle of such a volatile situation. Now a couple of people are dead and he could be facing decades in prison. I hope being a wannabe bad*** was worth it. 

He won't be convicted.......

47 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

He won't be convicted.......

He might not be convicted. By the letter of the law maybe it was self defense (or maybe not). Im just saying that if he had not made some very poor decisions that day two people would still be alive...and his biggest concern would be where to take his girl friend on a date...not if he was going to prison.

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

He might not be convicted. By the letter of the law maybe it was self defense (or maybe not). Im just saying that if he had not made some very poor decisions that day two people would still be alive...and his biggest concern would be where to take his girl friend on a date...not if he was going to prison.

Two people would still be alive if they hadn't tried to kill Mr. Rittenhouse.  Convenient how you leave that part out and blame the victim of the attack.  KR attacked NO ONE.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Are you serious?  How about the hundreds of people burning down and looting the city?  But let's blame the kid who went there to help  "both sides" as a medic who the felons tried to murder.  SMDH

4 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Are you serious?  How about the hundreds of people burning down and looting the city?  But let's blame the kid who went there to help  "both sides" as a medic who the felons tried to murder.  SMDH

Apparently, things aren't going well for the Prosecution. A Key witness admitted he drew his gun on Rittenhouse and advanced on him before Rittenhouse shot him.

2 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I am not defending the looters in any way. If Kyle had shot a dozen of them because they were busting in to his house I would be on his side...but that is not what happened. He intentionally inserted himself into a very dicey situation. The end result being that two people are dead and he is on trial. Maybe his actions meet the legal definition of self defense (I dont know. Im not a lawyer) but none of this had to happen.

I am not defending the looters in any way. If Kyle had shot a dozen of them because they were busting in to his house I would be on his side...but that is not what happened. He intentionally inserted himself into a very dicey situation. The end result being that two people are dead and he is on trial. Maybe his actions meet the legal definition of self defense (I dont know. Im not a lawyer) but none of this had to happen.

What does  but none of this had to happen mean?  He went to help people....was attacked....and DEFENDED himself. Why put the blame on the victim?  

If a gal goes into a sketchy bar and a guy tries to rape her.....she shoots him to DEEFEND herself.  Do you say she was asking for trouble and none of this had to happen.  Or do you blame the damn rapist?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

What does  but none of this had to happen mean?  He went to help people....was attacked....and DEFENDED himself. Why put the blame on the victim?  

I am not blaming the victim. Most of the time when people show up "to help" they are not carrying an AR-15. 

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

I am not blaming the victim. Most of the time when people show up "to help" they are not carrying an AR-15. 

Have you not watched the videos?  He is running around with his medical bag yelling medic....medic....medic.  He is a young emt in training or whatever.  He was helping both injured rioters and people that were defending their property.

It means exactly what it said...none of this had to happen. He may very well be cleared of any wrong doing...but if not his actions that night will have ruined his life. 

Some people think more of their friends, neighbors, communities, country etc... than they do themselves.  These people used to be praised and called patriots.  Now, but none of this had to happen.  I praise the young man for his bravery.  Our country could use a lot more like him....and less apologists for the criminals.  I know which side you fall.

3 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

If those two idiots wouldn't have been so bent on hurting people especially a guy with a gun they would be alive today.  Had they survived they should be the one's on trial for assault and possible murder.  I'm sure if they could have the one guy would have bludgeoned him to death with his skateboard.  He found out the hard way that it was loaded.  I have no sympathy for the attackers as you do.  

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

He was being paid to protect someone's business.  Sure it's dangerous work being a security guard, but the police sure weren't going to protect his business from being burned to the ground.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

He didn't show up with an AR-15, the business owner loaned it to him to protect his property. Have you read anything about this case or watched the video ?  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

He has every RIGHT (SEE 2ND AMEMDMENT) to arm himself for whatever reason he chooses.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

If those two idiots wouldn't have been so bent on hurting people especially a guy with a gun they would be alive today.

Those are the same types of idiots who would break someone's sign during a protest, and then yell, "he's got a weapon!!" (yes, this has happened).