Conference Realignment Carousel Continues

Just now, Stoney said:

One conference would rule them all. Take Clemson and FSU and the numbers will work themselves out. Break away from the NCAA. Do your own thing. 

If I'm an NFL owner, I've already started talking with my lawyers about the best way to set up shell organizations and companies to "sponsor" the best collegiate athletes in order to steer them to my franchise. Effectively creating college-level "bidding wars" for the right to spend money on the best athletes. 

Sound crazy? 

We're more than halfway there. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I would rather have North Carolina than either of those two anyways honestly.

Yeah, I mean, on-field success aside, Clemson doesn't bring much revenue value from a TV/marketing perspective.  

Oh sure, they're a winning program. But that doesn't necessarily translate to dollars. 

And the idea of bringing in Florida State seems dubious as well. Yeah, they're a traditional power, but NC would be a better fiscal investment. 

I do think Kansas will make a fast move to the Big 10, so I think they'll be off the table...and I think it wouldn't behoove the PAC to truly merge, but really just take what they want to get up to 16...say Texas Tech to add to a pod with Arizona State and Arizona...Pac16 should go to a pod system after adding teams.

Utah, Colorado, Boise State, UCF (would have added BYU but the PAC doesn't want any religious affiliation...so they truly become huge, coast to coast)

UCLA, USC, Stanford, Cal

Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State

Arizona State, Arizona, Texas Tech, Houston (since the PAC has issue with with schools with religious affiliation it stops Baylor and TCU) 

On 8/4/2021 at 11:06 AM, PelvisPresley said:

I do think Kansas will make a fast move to the Big 10, so I think they'll be off the table...and I think it wouldn't behoove the PAC to truly merge, but really just take what they want to get up to 16...say Texas Tech to add to a pod with Arizona State and Arizona...Pac16 should go to a pod system after adding teams.

Utah, Colorado, Boise State, UCF (would have added BYU but the PAC doesn't want any religious affiliation...so they truly become huge, coast to coast)

UCLA, USC, Stanford, Cal

Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State

Arizona State, Arizona, Texas Tech, Houston (since the PAC has issue with with schools with religious affiliation it stops Baylor and TCU) 

Similar to your thought, I believe if they took anything from the BIG XII, it would be Texas Tech and Oklahoma St to sort of regionally pair together.  Texas Tech, while they suck at football, still have a decent basketball program and a healthy football following 

18 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Similar to your thought, I believe if they took anything from the BIG XII, it would be Texas Tech and Oklahoma St to sort of regionally pair together.  Texas Tech, while they suck at football, still have a decent basketball program and a healthy football following 

Tech would be the PAC 12’s best option for a Texas school. No way the liberals would take a Baylor or TCU. Tech and Okie Lite would be the best option to pair with adding a Boise State and BYU to try to keep that conference relevant.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I can't imagine the culture shock coming to a Cali school coming to a night game in Lubbock. Their fans would think they are in a third world country. 

The tortilla flinging would make some feel right at home.

• LOL! 3

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I can't imagine the culture shock coming to a Cali school coming to a night game in Lubbock. Their fans would think they are in a third world country. 

Just throw some needles in the street and get some homeless couple to have sex on the sidewalk by the stadium entrance.  That might make them feel more at home

• LOL! 4

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Tech would be the PAC 12’s best option for a Texas school. No way the liberals would take a Baylor or TCU. Tech and Okie Lite would be the best option to pair with adding a Boise State and BYU to try to keep that conference relevant.

but they won't take BYU for the same reason they won't take Baylor or TCU...any inkling of a ting of religion  

On 8/6/2021 at 1:10 PM, PelvisPresley said:

but they won't take BYU for the same reason they won't take Baylor or TCU...any inkling of a ting of religion  

Correct. I can see them taking Okie State and Texas Tech, but I just don’t see any Kansas or Iowa schools going to the left coast. 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:05 PM, Valhalla said:

Clemson says it is not true. 

I would rather have North Carolina than either of those two anyways honestly.

I’ve said for years that if the SEC expands eastward, North Carolina and Virginia Tech will be the two schools they target first. That gets them into two big TV markets (Charlotte and D.C./ Baltimore) that they don’t currently have a foothold in. It also expands the footprint of the conference to 14 states, much larger than any other league. Clemson not FSU offer any of that. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...