5A D1 R2 Bi-District: Longview vs Magnolia

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-3) vs Magnolia Bulldogs (7-3)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Magnolia in a close one
    • Magnolia in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Solid take.

I keep seeing Longview fans using scores against other teams in 8-5A to determine how good Magnolia (and Magnolia West) are.

Of all fans to be doing that...we literally just lost to McKinney North a week and a half ago. We have no idea who will be the starting QB, even though we all know it's obvious who it should be. We have a defense that continues to take selfish penalties that hurt themselves.

We dominated Tyler in that first half, and still only led by two scores. We were just beyond lucky that Tyler continued to attempt to throw the ball with their third string QB and helped Thomas and company take over.

I do think we can run on these boys, no doubt. And I do think we should win by a couple scores. But just because the Dogs did something early on in the season against a bad Lufkin teams doesn't mean they can't come on into Lobo and beat us. Not this for sure. They are more than capable, and I've been saying, this is going to be a tougher test IMO than whatever 2nd round game we would potentially play in.

Come focused to play, come with the right QB, cut down the penalties (we still got 7 last week), continue to not turn the ball over...and get Taylor Tatum going early and often.

I agree. From the outside looking in, y’all appear to be inconsistent to me. Granted, I only read what you post and see final scores so I don’t completely know the full story. Seems to me y’all have the potential to be a normal beat the #### out of people Longview team and then the next week look like y’all are struggling. Magnolia can be inconsistent too. Which why they are a 3rd place team and once struggled with a bad Lufkin team. They just don’t turn the ball over much. Being in Longview, I just don’t see them being able to win this game. Would I be shocked to see a close game? No.. Would I be shocked to see mag win the game? Yeah lol.. It’s John king and Longview. Y’all don’t lose early playoff games and that’s a fact

55 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

I agree. From the outside looking in, y’all appear to be inconsistent to me. Granted, I only read what you post and see final scores so I don’t completely know the full story. Seems to me y’all have the potential to be a normal beat the #### out of people Longview team and then the next week look like y’all are struggling. Magnolia can be inconsistent too. Which why they are a 3rd place team and once struggled with a bad Lufkin team. They just don’t turn the ball over much. Being in Longview, I just don’t see them being able to win this game. Would I be shocked to see a close game? No.. Would I be shocked to see mag win the game? Yeah lol.. It’s John king and Longview. Y’all don’t lose early playoff games and that’s a fact

Longview is simple.

When Josh plays (our best QB), we look like one of the top teams in the state. When Jordan plays, well, things are a little more rough.

I have not an ounce of doubt that Longview would be 9-1 this year with Josh tossing the rock, and the Ryan game would've been closer.

I think a big saving grace for Longview in not only this matchup, but moving forward...has been the play of Taylor Tatum (who took a visit to Notre Dame this weekend). 247 lists Taylor Tatum as the #1 back in TX for the 2024 class and man....he's been playing like it.

• Like 1

@LufkinPack

On a different topic, why are people blaming Lufkin's struggles on talent? Lufkin's SRs beat Longview's SRs when they were freshmen...seems to me that Quick and Co do a terrible job of either developing talent....or getting the most out of their players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ANTI said:

seems to me that Quick and Co do a terrible job of either developing talent....or getting the most out of their players.

You are 110% correct on this statement. This is absolutely the problem. Some of those Lufkin folks just refuse to admit the real problem. They love to blame the kids and the talent level. They act like this season and last are the only down years we’ve had since quick took over lol.. Lufkin has had a coaching problem for many, many years. Everybody knows that. How many talented teams has Lufkin had get beat in the first round? Gosh man. So many. It started in outlaws final years. The two familiar faces from that coaching staff are Todd quick and Scott green. Lufkin has a culture problem within the program. Nobody expects to win anymore. The fire and excitement is gone. From the fan base to the players. This staff needs to be gone. Lufkin will never be relevant again under them, idc how talented some claim our current freshmen are. All they’ll do is maybe win a district title and then bow out in the 1st or 2nd round again as always. 

To answer your question, the buddy system just reigns supreme here. The people that matter fully support the staff. It’s sad. Everything outlaw built is crumbling down in front of our eyes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

And it's at lobo 🐺

could happen maybe but have a hard time believing Longview gets beat at home regardless of qb unless turnovers are crazy..mag oline is good sized 55 and 51 both played a lot over past few years but defense for lobos has shown they can make some stops. I think magnolia has trouble stopping run game . One inside dlineman is good player other than that somewhat small on defense side

On 11/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, ANTI said:

@LufkinPack

On a different topic, why are people blaming Lufkin's struggles on talent? Lufkin's SRs beat Longview's SRs when they were freshmen...seems to me that Quick and Co do a terrible job of either developing talent....or getting the most out of their players.

I’m definitely not. We clearly aren’t loaded with talent this season, but coaching is the main problem. 

• Like 1