LCM vs Palestine @ Willis 7:30

LCM

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Palestine had a really good fan a couple years ago, but I can't remember his name.  I can see his avatar in my mind.  Really positive and gave some good info.

Chapel Hill fans kinda disappeared over the last couple years.  When they were on their good runs a few years back, there were quite a few.

Lol, there are fair weather fans everywhere.  Vidor & Lumberton are prime examples.  Long the whipping boys of the Districts, and both having good seasons, the Ltown vs Vidor pregame thread game last week had 21 pages.  Lol, fans coming out of the swamps and still sites.  😂🤣😂

7 hours ago, Lions70 said:

Why do you get so defensive? I mean in the last twenty years when has Palestine played football in December?  What one year? Come on man

Believe in 2003 or 2004  when Coach Glenn Tunstil was the Ad Palestine played in the Semi-Finals so that would have been in December.  Coach Allison who won a State Championship at Cayuga was his OC. They were very good for a couple of years then it went south again.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, LordSensai said:

#65 and #74 on the Oline. All of the backs are pretty good. Lots of  juniors, and sophomores and a couple of freshman. The 2 freshman start in the secondary. #13 and #14. #4 is a junior. Probably the best player on the team. #3 is a back too. Pretty good as well.

All I know is #65 is a very large human and #2 is FAST. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lions70 said:

Why do you get so defensive? I mean in the last twenty years when has Palestine played football in December?  What one year? Come on man

Besides 2018, 2007 was the last time out of the first round. 
2007 got 2-3 TDs called back against Waco Robinson and lost by a TD. Robinson went on to play in the State game and lost 35-34 to Liberty E..

Other than that ‘12-‘13 lost to Carthage by 3 in the first round and they went on to lose by 2 to El campo in round 4.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 514 said:

Believe in 2003 or 2004  when Coach Glenn Tunstil was the Ad Palestine played in the Semi-Finals so that would have been in December.  Coach Allison who won a State Championship at Cayuga was his OC. They were very good for a couple of years then it went south again.

2004-2005. Lost to Cuero in the Semifinals 

22 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Where have you seen Palestine improve as they went through district play?

1. My bad, I read your response in the most negative way 😂😂. My apologies.

2. This is the healthiest they’ve been since the start of the season. Best player was dealing with injuries and he’s full tilt now. Secondary was banged up. Back to strength now. Best DL is out of trouble and back playing. LBs are young and starting to figure it out. Opening up the pass a lot more. Etc.

23 hours ago, LCM said:

This is Coach Peevy first year at LCM. He was the Head Coach at Beaumont Westbrook that played Longview in the state championship a few years ago 

Didn't realize Coach Peevy had moved over. That was a fantastic hire for LCM. Looks like he led the program to a heck of a turn around this season! Good for y'all!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lions70 said:

& Ain’t that what I fan does? It’s hard being the only Palestine fan on here. Gotta make sure I keep y’all in line with the disrespect lol

3 minutes ago, Innocent said:

Didn't realize Coach Peevy had moved over. That was a fantastic hire for LCM. Looks like he led the program to a heck of a turn around this season! Good for y'all!

Yes sir 1-9 last year 8-2 this year. He got a heck of a raise$$$

• Wow 2

3 hours ago, LordSensai said:

1. My bad, I read your response in the most negative way 😂😂. My apologies.

2. This is the healthiest they’ve been since the start of the season. Best player was dealing with injuries and he’s full tilt now. Secondary was banged up. Back to strength now. Best DL is out of trouble and back playing. LBs are young and starting to figure it out. Opening up the pass a lot more. Etc.

Thank you for the response.

I think it is a huge advantage that the Wildcats have two weeks to heal up.

• Like 1

Wildcat fans are on here.  We just don't post as much as we used to.  I had to quit posting once I started coaching.  I still read everyday though.  I'm excited about this match up.  I was born in the Golden Triangle so that area hold's a special place in my heart.  My parents both graduated from PA Jefferson, so my dad remembers playing against Vidor in High School.  He said Little Cypress was a classification below them so never saw them in competition.  I am ready for Friday night.

This will be the first time these two programs have met in football.   I know Palestine beat LC-M in boys soccer the year Palestine won state. 

On 11/9/2021 at 3:30 PM, Sandman said:

Wildcat fans are on here.  We just don't post as much as we used to.  I had to quit posting once I started coaching.  I still read everyday though.  I'm excited about this match up.  I was born in the Golden Triangle so that area hold's a special place in my heart.  My parents both graduated from PA Jefferson, so my dad remembers playing against Vidor in High School.  He said Little Cypress was a classification below them so never saw them in competition.  I am ready for Friday night.

This will be the first time these two programs have met in football.   I know Palestine beat LC-M in boys soccer the year Palestine won state. 

I remember the first time I saw Thomas Jefferson play.  Never, before or since, seen a HS football team with so many players.  Seem like it took a minute for them to all run out.  Must have been close to a hundred.  Talk about intimidating.  I think Vidor had 28 kids that night.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:25 AM, Lions70 said:

Despite what most think this will be a tough task for Palestine. Lcm not a juggernaut but they ain’t .... 

They ride you hard Lions70.  But kudos to you, you smack’em right back.  And CarthDawg, he thinks the Dawgs can beat anyone.  Doubt they could beat Henderson or Vidor.  Just barely squeaked by Crosby.  Vidor whips Crosby like a stepchild.

Keep the faith.

• Like 1