(9-1)Kilgore vs (8-2) Huffman Hargrave November 12th @ 7:30 pm Crockett, Texas

WhoamI97539

• WhoamI97539 changed the title to (9-1)Kilgore vs (8-2) Huffman Hargrave November 12th @ 7:30 pm Crockett, Texas
7 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I have not gotten to watch Kilgore and I have not seen Huffman. But on paper this seems like it should be a good game! Pulling for the Dogs of course, but is there a defense concern? Genuine question. 

I don't know what was going on with both defenses last night other than they both were on the field a lot especially Kilgore's the offense was scoring so quickly that it wasn't allowing them to get any rest they were drained. Kilgore has been a bend but don't break defense this year the other teams would definitely get their yards but they were keeping them out of the end zone. 

21 minutes ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Kilgore has a high powered offense. #9 reminds me of Jordan Jenkins.  Im sure he'll get plenty of D1 offers. Kilgore will win this with ease. Both lindale and Kilgore have a lot to work on defensively. 

Last year was a 3point game for Kilgore...Both teams are better this year IMO and I see it being about a 3-7 point game again

Kilgore should win this game. However, the defense needs work. Bend but don't break defense is not good defense and eventually will break. The Secondary would be a major concern at the moment especially when you get deeper into playoffs. 

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

How did HH finish 4th with an 8-2 record?

They lost to LCM and Lumberton. They beat Vidor. They hit injury bug early in district. They have a good Qb and receiver combo. They don’t have a running back so the Qb is the only threat. To be honest played a weak pre district schedule imo 

I’m picking our brothers here, the K-Dogs. HH was ranked #8 in state when their injuries hit. We threw for almost 400 yards against Kilgore last week, so you can throw on them, but I think that ridiculous offense is just too much. Kilgore lines are both good. I think it will be a good game. HH will have their hands full. K-Dogs Pull away later and win by 17. 48-31. 

• Like 2

So.... the reward we get for winning the district title is to draw an 8-2 4-seed who was state ranked halfway through the season? Great, thanks. 

I think we should be fine in this one. Our offense has evolved into a well-balanced machine over the last half of the season and it's going to take either a really stout defense or an offense better than ours to outscore us. And our #1 WR has been out the last 2 weeks with a nagging injury. Hopefully, we can get him back this week.

I’m picking our brothers here, the K-Dogs. HH was ranked #8 in state when their injuries hit. We threw for almost 400 yards against Kilgore last week, so you can throw on them, but I think that ridiculous offense is just too much. Kilgore lines are both good. I think it will be a good game. HH will have their hands full. K-Dogs Pull away later and win by 17. 48-31. 

12 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I feel like I read this somewhere...

Anyone know which kids Huffman has been missing all year? For them to have been ranked in the top 10 at one point and end up as the 4 seed is pretty crazy. If they have some really talented players that are back it could be a little tougher on Kilgore than expected.

Reminds me of last year for Lindale when they played Vidor in round one. Vidor was missing kids during district due to covid (I think) and got those kids back late. Just in time for the end of district and to play in the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong on that @Hagar

Wonder if we could have a close game on our hands with that one.