(9-1)Kilgore vs (8-2) Huffman Hargrave November 12th @ 7:30 pm Crockett, Texas

WhoamI97539

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Anyone know which kids Huffman has been missing all year? For them to have been ranked in the top 10 at one point and end up as the 4 seed is pretty crazy. If they have some really talented players that are back it could be a little tougher on Kilgore than expected.

Reminds me of last year for Lindale when they played Vidor in round one. Vidor was missing kids during district due to covid (I think) and got those kids back late. Just in time for the end of district and to play in the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong on that @Hagar

Wonder if we could have a close game on our hands with that one.

Vidor’s injury situation last year was nothing like this year.  I personally don’t remember many last year.  This year it’s terrible.  Running the Slot T and losing (at least) 3 RBs, including your top two, plus the only Pirate who plays a lot on both sides of the ball, is tough.  Huffman is a different deal.  Per a HH fan they had around 10 out at one time.  How many they’ve gotten back is just a guess.  They played good football against Splendora and Vidor, then almost lost to Livingston.  Not sure what’s up over there.  HH has always been consistent, but this year they’re a Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.  Personally, I can’t see them giving Kilgore much of a problem whichever one of those gentlemen show up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neveragain said:

I find it odd that they are playing in Crockett...the stadium seating is not very large and unless major renovations have been made the locker rooms are not big or nice.  

Did a little up grades but still small. 

Kilgore is revved up offensively........and most probably worked very hard this week on defense for this game.  I just don't think that Kilgore will allow HH to outscore them, regardless of any defensive issues.  Whatever it takes tonight......Kilgore will win this  game.  They have the offense to do it.  And then there is that wildcard factor........turnovers.  The D for Kilgore could be the heroes tonight.......just by making a big play at the right time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Great HT adjustments for Kilgore didn't allow a single first down in the second half

Defense allowed 12 yards in the 2nd half.

Rider was untouched on his first run, but he had to fight for every yard after that. Gritty performance by him and his O-line.

HH QB Thomas is a great athlete. I thought he was just as good on defense as he was on offense. 

Tough first round opponent.... congrats to HH on a very good season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Defense allowed 12 yards in the 2nd half.

Rider was untouched on his first run, but he had to fight for every yard after that. Gritty performance by him and his O-line.

HH QB Thomas is a great athlete. I thought he was just as good on defense as he was on offense. 

Tough first round opponent.... congrats to HH on a very good season.

HH QB was the toughest QB we had faced until Lindale’s Peterson! He’s a stud on the basketball court also! 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, neveragain said:

I find it odd that they are playing in Crockett...the stadium seating is not very large and unless major renovations have been made the locker rooms are not big or nice.  

kilgore has never lost in crockett during the playoffs games that they have played here.