Lindale vs Lumberton

Jakeelee05

Looking at Lumberton's schedule.... they're pretty good. 4 losses by a total of 6 points (albeit one of those losses was to a decent 3A team). Lindale also has 4 losses, but those were all to top 10 4A programs... and the Eagles were very much in all of those games in the 4th quarter. I'll take Lindale by 14+ in this one with the difference being QB Sam Peterson. He's a stud and I don't think Lumberton will be able to slow him down.

• Like 2

Just now, Lions70 said:

You know it is true 

I will agree that if someone scores 100 then they will definitely win. I wouldn't be too quick to think Lindale's defense is bad though. Kilgore might have ran through them but Kilgore's offense is pretty special.

If you take away the Kilgore game Lindale is only giving up 20 points per game.

Lindale is averaging 42 points per game over that same span of time.

Include the Kilgore game and it's:

Scoring: 45 PPG

Giving Up: 27.5 PPG

I'm sure Lumberton has a good offense (I have no idea. I have no way of looking at them other than Maxpreps highlights) but I doubt they are on Kilgore's level...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I will agree that if someone scores 100 then they will definitely win. I wouldn't be too quick to think Lindale's defense is bad though. Kilgore might have ran through them but Kilgore's offense is pretty special.

I'm sure Lumberton has a good offense (I have no idea. I have no way of looking at them other than Maxpreps highlights) but I doubt they are on Kilgore's level...

Totally agree with this. Other than against Kilgore Lindale’s defense has been stout 

I think Lumberton is fully capable of beating Lindale. It all depends on which lindale defense decides to show up. If the team that showed up against Palestine walks into HB stadium, Lumberton is in for a long night. If it’s the defense that showed up against Kilgore this will be a shootout that Lumberton can win. All depends on who wants it more and who is going to go hit somebody and bring the pain. 

Is it Friday yet?!

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

yeah, same for Kilgore...if you take away Lindale we were giving up like 19pts per game and scoring 40....add the Lindale game and we score like 42 and give up 23....but, if you look at the same thing happened last year....Kilgore was averaging giving up like 20 something and boom play Lindale and give up 47 and 56 to them..???...crazy

2 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

yeah, same for Kilgore...if you take away Lindale we were giving up like 19pts per game and scoring 40....add the Lindale game and we score like 42 and give up 23....but, if you look at the same thing happened last year....Kilgore was averaging giving up like 20 something and boom play Lindale and give up 47 and 56 to them..???...crazy

Lindale and Kilgore just really match up well with each other. Two very good and disciplined teams

24 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

Two really good football teams that have explosive offenses. I think people take for granted how good 9-4A is at times (except @Hagar has given plenty of credit to our district)

I think Lumberton is a really good team from what I can tell, but I have a feeling that district 9-4A is about to send a message this week just based on the outcomes of all 4 games.

33 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I think Lumberton is fully capable of beating Lindale. It all depends on which lindale defense decides to show up. If the team that showed up against Palestine walks into HB stadium, Lumberton is in for a long night. If it’s the defense that showed up against Kilgore this will be a shootout that Lumberton can win. All depends on who wants it more and who is going to go hit somebody and bring the pain. 

Is it Friday yet?!

I hate the phrase "who wants it more" because clearly both teams want to win. Both Lindale and Kilgore wanted to win on Friday. I wouldn't say one team "wanted it more" than the other. It just came down to a few plays here and there...

4 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I hate the phrase "who wants it more" because clearly both teams want to win. Both Lindale and Kilgore wanted to win on Friday. I wouldn't say one team "wanted it more" than the other. It just came down to a few plays here and there...

when two good teams meet the ball usually has to bounce their way once or twice...that's usually the difference in the game....same as the playoffs, to go all the way you have to be good but, you also have to have a little luck 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Two really good football teams that have explosive offenses. I think people take for granted how good 9-4A is at times (except @Hagar has given plenty of credit to our district)

I think Lumberton is a really good team from what I can tell, but I have a feeling that district 9-4A is about to send a message this week just based on the outcomes of all 4 games.

Anyone that doesn’t respect District 9 isn’t keeping up with HS football well.  IMO only Dist 7 has the edge on y’all.

1 hour ago, kdogs00 said:

when two good teams meet the ball usually has to bounce their way once or twice...that's usually the difference in the game....same as the playoffs, to go all the way you have to be good but, you also have to have a little luck 

Hopefully these two teams will face off again in region quarter finals. I feel like RB Ryder was the difference maker in this game. Im curious to see what our gameplan would be in a rematch. I know im thinking ahead... we got to win the next 3 before that happens. 

16 hours ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Hopefully these two teams will face off again in region quarter finals. I feel like RB Ryder was the difference maker in this game. Im curious to see what our gameplan would be in a rematch. I know im thinking ahead... we got to win the next 3 before that happens. 

I wouldn't look too far ahead ... it's unlucky for sure ... El Campo is waiting in the wings ... and while they are one-dimensional, you would be too if you had the RB they have ... I hope there is a rematch in the future, but there are a few one hundred yard battlefields to conquer first ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Does Lumberton do a live stream?

🏈 Texas High School Football 2021 🏈
Lumberton 🆚 Lindale  
Raiders @ Eagles
🔴 𝕃𝕀𝕍𝔼 STREAM ► http://tvon-live.cjr-sports.com/hs.php
 This game is a part of the "2021 UIL Texas Football State Championships - 2021 Football Conference 4A D1  " tournament.
The Lindale (TX) varsity football team has a neutral playoff game vs. Lumberton (TX) on Friday, November 12 @ 7p.
Game Details: Nacogodches Bryce Stadium

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 6:34 AM, Lions70 said:

El campo almost always folds like a cheap tent went East Texas teams come to play. I could easily see Kilgore or Lindale having their way. El campo will never until they utilize their entire offense. Kilgore had the same problem years ago. Now look at em.

You’re sounding like Carthdawg.