18. Tatum - L 28-27 to Sabine 
19. Pilot Point - L 47-13 to Brock 
20. Whitesboro - W 52-9 over Peaster 
21. Poteet - W 40-23 over Randolph   
22. Llano - OFF
23. Lago Vista - W 24-13 over Blanco 
24. Breckenridge - W 61-0 over TLCA
25. London - W 41-34 over San Diego 

Others: Cameron Yoe, Jourdanton, Anahuac, East Chambers, Woodville, Diboll, Early, Wall

20 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Final rankings until the playoffs are complete.  

09 Who stands out offensively for the Brahmas?  I’m sure the Brahmas will isolate their better receivers on our linebackers.   The Bees were very successful in that alignment in the 4th quarter.   Defensively I’m sure they will bring pressure on our front five.   
Give your assessment for Thursday night. 

4 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

09 Who stands out offensively for the Brahmas?  I’m sure the Brahmas will isolate their better receivers on our linebackers.   The Bees were very successful in that alignment in the 4th quarter.   Defensively I’m sure they will bring pressure on our front five.   
Give your assessment for Thursday night. 

Hallettsville's main strength is their lines.  They were solid last year, and with Brooks at RB they were a state title contending team.  I don't believe they are as good this year but certainly still top 10 worthy.  

If I were Cameron, my game plan would be to stack the box and hopefully force the Brahmas into some 2nd and 3rd and longs.  The passing game was a weakness last year, and against good competition, they have not managed many yards passing this season.  I would much rather give up a deep ball or two then let Hallettsville simply pick up 6-10 yards a carry on the ground, which I'm sure they'll be happy to do.  On offense, the Yoemen are going to need to take shots vertically early and often and will probably be running the ball 20 percent or less.  Cameron's biggest asset is the receiving core.  That's not the way Cameron wants to operate their offense, but I believe that's what will need to occur on Thursday night if you want a shot at pulling an upset.  Hitchcock had nearly 300 yards passing and should have had more.  

Bottom line, if Hallettsville is picking up big chunks on the ground early, it'll be a long night.  If not, it could be a game.  

5 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Hallettsville's main strength is their lines.  They were solid last year, and with Brooks at RB they were a state title contending team.  I don't believe they are as good this year but certainly still top 10 worthy.  

If I were Cameron, my game plan would be to stack the box and hopefully force the Brahmas into some 2nd and 3rd and longs.  The passing game was a weakness last year, and against good competition, they have not managed many yards passing this season.  I would much rather give up a deep ball or two then let Hallettsville simply pick up 6-10 yards a carry on the ground, which I'm sure they'll be happy to do.  On offense, the Yoemen are going to need to take shots vertically early and often and will probably be running the ball 20 percent or less.  Cameron's biggest asset is the receiving core.  That's not the way Cameron wants to operate their offense, but I believe that's what will need to occur on Thursday night if you want a shot at pulling an upset.  Hitchcock had nearly 300 yards passing and should have had more.  

Bottom line, if Hallettsville is picking up big chunks on the ground early, it'll be a long night.  If not, it could be a game.  

The Brahmas are more ground it out oriented.   What percentage would you say?   Still trying to run their offense as if Brooks is still back there?

Defensively are they normally a 3, 4 or even a 5 man front?  Run man on the backside.  Anyone player standout?  Should be an interesting bi district game.  

Versus Hitchcock...8-12 passing for 154 yards and 42-272 on the ground.  Hallettsville had a ton of guys carry the ball in that game.  #2 is their main RB, but he went out with what appeared to be a slight sprain early in the game.  Alamilla (#21) did a nice job....finishing with 15-143 and 2 TDs.  QB is not really a threat to run.  Limps around a lot and has a brace on. 

Versus Yoakum - https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/advosports/scores/hallettsville-vs-yoakum-stats/article_7d54ce1a-33c9-11ec-a881-dbd088259061.html

41 rushes - 216 yards

4-15 passing, 2 interceptions - 92 yards

Versus Columbus - https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/advosports/scores/hallettsville-vs-columbus-stats/article_eeaab3ea-39a5-11ec-8055-97f9b5ad189c.html

34 rushes - 210 yards

6-10 passing, 2 interceptions - 37 yards

Hallettsville had 3 down lineman against spread formations, and I wound't be surprised if they brought 3 or 4 most of the night. 

6 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Versus Hitchcock...8-12 passing for 154 yards and 42-272 on the ground.  Hallettsville had a ton of guys carry the ball in that game.  #2 is their main RB, but he went out with what appeared to be a slight sprain early in the game.  Alamilla (#21) did a nice job....finishing with 15-143 and 2 TDs.  QB is not really a threat to run.  Limps around a lot and has a brace on. 

Versus Yoakum

41 rushes - 216 yards

4-15 passing, 2 interceptions - 92 yards

Versus Columbus

34 rushes - 210 yards

6-10 passing, 2 interceptions - 37 yards

Hallettsville had 3 down lineman against spread formations, and I wound't be surprised if they brought 3 or 4 most of the night. 

Where are you finding your stats of past games?  

10 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

Based on your rankings, for Quarter Finals for R1 and R3 I got:

Jim Ned v Brock, GV v West, Columbus v Lorena, Hallettsville v LR Academy

Region I

Jim Ned and Brock would play in the regional semis.  So, based on rankings it would be Bushland/Shallowater versus the winner of that game. 

Region II

Mt. Vernon Vs. West would be the way it would go down.  Region II is the most wide open.  

Region III

Lorena Vs. Hallettsville.  Lorena/Columbus could be entertaining.  Could see 3 teams from D12 in the 3rd round again. 

Region IV

Industrial Vs. Edna.  Two best teams to me, but maybe someone like Llano could throw this off.  

2 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yoakum is ranked #10 and LR Academy is ranked #13 so based on rankings Yoakum would take Academy place

If there is a team I feel I have overrated at this point, it's Academy.  They have not looked great as of late.  We will see what happens on Friday.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoe09 said:

If there is a team I feel I have overrated at this point, it's Academy.  They have not looked great as of late.  We will see what happens on Friday.  

Either way, it stacks up to be some potentially great match ups. Especially #1 JN and #2 Brock in R1.

3 hours ago, PeepawTatum said:

28- 21 oYe at the half

This was a great game that went back and forth and the contest was pretty evenly matched.  At the end of the day, Hallettsville was just bigger and more physical up front and we knew that was going to be an issue coming in.  Neither team played bad and the only difference in the game was a dropped TD pass from Cameron.  The Yoemen were unfortunately without 3 very important starters tonight, but it was great to see some others step up and fill those voids.  

I think this entire coaching staff knows what needs to be done in the offseason and there is great potential for this team to be vastly improved in 2022.  

Hallettsville is solid.  Once again, I don't believe they are quite the team they were last year, but still a formidable opponent and top 10 worthy.  

On 11/11/2021 at 11:55 PM, Yoe09 said:

This was a great game that went back and forth and the contest was pretty evenly matched.  At the end of the day, Hallettsville was just bigger and more physical up front and we knew that was going to be an issue coming in.  Neither team played bad and the only difference in the game was a dropped TD pass from Cameron.  The Yoemen were unfortunately without 3 very important starters tonight, but it was great to see some others step up and fill those voids.  

I think this entire coaching staff knows what needs to be done in the offseason and there is great potential for this team to be vastly improved in 2022.  

Hallettsville is solid.  Once again, I don't believe they are quite the team they were last year, but still a formidable opponent and top 10 worthy.  

Was a good game. Yoe does need some time in weight room for sure. Missing starters just part of the culture change going on at Yoe. QB playing injured did not help the  Yoe cause. 

Yoe got the ball with with 4 or 5 minutes left to play in the game with a chance to put a drive together to win. Yoe failed to move the ball, I believe  the same kind of scenario took place in Academy game an Yoe failed again. 

Should be a interesting off season in Cameron.  Rhoades  continues to make a effort to shape the culture more to his likening.  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Was a good game. Yoe does need some time in weight room for sure. Missing starters just part of the culture change going on at Yoe. QB playing injured did not help the  Yoe cause. 

Yoe got the ball with with 4 or 5 minutes left to play in the game with a chance to put a drive together to win. Yoe failed to move the ball, I believe  the same kind of scenario took place in Academy game an Yoe failed again. 

Should be a interesting off season in Cameron.  Rhoades  continues to make a effort to shape the culture more to his likening.  

Yoe seems to never be the biggest team on the field. They have almost always gotten by more on heart and effort. Line play has been a problem for years. Our defensive backfield wasn't up to previous standards either. There was some talent on this team. Honestly, I didn't see the same fire and commitment to excellence that has personified the Yoemen Tradition. We need to find out pretty quick if Rhoades is going to live up to his legacy and revive that longstanding culture that he led to its pinnacle.

10 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Yoe seems to never be the biggest team on the field. They have almost always gotten by more on heart and effort. Line play has been a problem for years. Our defensive backfield wasn't up to previous standards either. There was some talent on this team. Honestly, I didn't see the same fire and commitment to excellence that has personified the Yoemen Tradition. We need to find out pretty quick if Rhoades is going to live up to his legacy and revive that longstanding culture that he led to its pinnacle.

There were simply too many issues on the defensive side of the football.  Even though 8 starters returned from last season, Cameron went from giving up 26.5 points per game to over 32 points per games in 2021.  Cameron's defense was put under more pressure in 2020 because of the lack of offensive production.  Cameron has only given up 32 points or more per game in one season in program history, and that was in 2003 when the team went 1-9.  

Hallettsville (points scored versus top competition)

Shiner: 6

Columbus: 14

Yoakum: 21

Industrial: 28

Cameron Yoe: 42

Hallettsville (points given up versus top competition)

Cameron: 38

Industrial: 24

Shiner: 21

Yoakum: 14

At the end of the day, Cameron's offense - though not complete - was going to do well enough in pretty much any game to give the team a chance to win.  If Cameron's defense was up to par, they would have beaten Hallettsville by 14 points and had a clear shot at the quarterfinals.  Cameron's offense has all the potential in the world to be better in 2022, but the question is will the defense be able to hold their end of the bargain.  

6 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

There were simply too many issues on the defensive side of the football.  Even though 8 starters returned from last season, Cameron went from giving up 26.5 points per game to over 32 points per games in 2021.  Cameron's defense was put under more pressure in 2020 because of the lack of offensive production.  Cameron has only given up 32 points or more per game in one season in program history, and that was in 2003 when the team went 1-9.  

At the end of the day, Cameron's offense - though not complete - was going to do well enough in pretty much any game to give the team a chance to win.  If Cameron's defense was up to par, they would have beaten Hallettsville by 14 points and had a clear shot at the quarterfinals.  Cameron's offense has all the potential in the world to be better in 2022, but the question is will the defense be able to hold their end of the bargain.  

It all starts on both offensive and defensive lines.  Yoe had break downs on both.  Secondary was poor tackling and busted assignments all year. Special teams were erratic all year.  Offense could not score at the end of games when they needed to drive the length of the field to win a game. One positive was Rhoades  got them to play hard  for him against Hallettsville.  The staff has to take a long hard look at themselves.  Potential is a  great   word with this group,  players have to block and tackle and coaches have to place players in the right positions to succeed. Watch the offseason evaluations and see what they bring. Rhoades is not afraid to make changes if needed. He is cleaning up the dysfunctional house he   inherited.    I predict there will be 2 changes on staff. Good work 09  on breaking down points scored on the Yoe defense. They were a  very weak link  this season. Keep up the good work 09.  To all  a great holiday.

On 11/15/2021 at 12:44 PM, Yoe09 said:

My final assessment of the Yoemen.  Graded out.  Offense 
(1) QB C-  (2) Offensive line  C (3) Running back B- (4) Receiving Group  B  (5)  Offensive Coordinator C

Defense:  (1) Line D  (2) Middle Linebackers  B  (3) Outside Linebackers  C  (4)  Secondary D- ( It improved with the addition of #4 & 5 late in the season)  (5) Defensive Coordinator  D

Special Teams:  Overall B

Head Coaching: C  For the life of me I just don’t understand why if you don’t see things working out for you and your team....make a damn change.  (1) The defense could of been night and day different if you as the HC would of played 2-3 guys both ways all season.  (2) At least in one game let the next man up (QB) an opportunity to see what he can bring to the team.  (3)  Let freshmen play on the varsity if the talent is there.    
Rhoades will have a better team in 2022.  He’ll get his imprint on this team and there will be improvements.  

On 11/15/2021 at 12:44 PM, Yoe09 said:

I still think the offense needs work. QB is QB. You've either got one or you don't. I'm an Aggies fan, so I know. 'horns fans know too. But when the QB does get you the ball downfield, you've got to catch it. Speaking of receivers, from what I saw, I'd say we had receivers playing RB this season. Again, you work with you've got. The guys weren't terrible by any means. I'm not saying I'm an expert. But I've watched my fair share of football over the years, and I've seen plenty instances where a team would put a receiver in the backfield and hand them the ball for a run. They run different than RBs. And our backs ran like that. They looked a lot more comfortable catching the ball out of the backfield.

Maybe some of that was because of the OL play. Again, I haven't been to every Yoemen game, but I do know that every game I've seen - and this has been for years now - half the time when the ball is snapped, the O lineman stand up... and the DL just steps between them and is in our backfield before they even get fully out of their stance. Our guys don't even touch them. It's like they're saying, "Yall get out of the way, we have to block the linebackers." Granted, I'm in a couple high school football groups in Fascistbook and see I'm not the only one complaining about this, so it's apparently going around. Are we having a problem coaching OL these days? Are DL coaches improving their schemes and training so impressively that OLs just can't keep up? Whatever, it needs to be fixed.

I said what I said about the D. DBs looked lost half the time. DL wasn't a heck of a lot better than OL. 

Maybe it's what everyone says and Rhoades needs a couple years to get his system running right. I'll tell you this - That "bubble" screen needs serious tweaking or outright scrapping. My understanding is that it's called a bubble screen because there are supposed to be a couple other players out there to form a bubble of blocking for the receiver. 85% of the time there's no screen at all. There's a screen of defenders, usually three, waiting to tackle the receiver as soon as he catches the ball. You can't throw that pass to a receiver all by himself out there. I've seen this play executed brilliantly at the college and even pro level (RG3 ran a beautiful bubble screen against the Cowboys once. Textbook.) 

My main thing is - and I'm not the only one who got this impression - the boys didn't seem to "buy in." They didn't quit in any game, but they just didn't seem to have that fire, that desire, that passion for the game. That has to be gotten back. Especially if Franklin gets put back in our district next year. Or even not, because they'll probably be in our region and we might have to face them in the playoffs.