Tyler High(6-4)(4-2) @ Magnolia West (9-1)(7-1)

cujoforlife

Bi-District   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

13-2....7-4....12-3....8-4....11-2.....5-5....10-3....3-8.....2-7....

These numbers represent Coach record each season since becoming Head coach at JT/Tyler.  He will finish 6-5 after loss tonight.

If you look at his record, he has only had two bad seasons.  Although many Cujo fans have wanted to either make changes to staff or head coach....on paper he hasn't lost enough to justify any changes.    

This team will return 9 starters on each side of the ball next season.  I really can't see them letting Coach go, but hopefully there are some changes to staff. All we can do is hope.  Unless there are tons of injuries, there is no excuse for next yr team to be avg.  A long playoff run should be expected. 

By the way, 400 plus yards in 1st half for Magnolia West tonight.

That's all good and dandy, cujo should be in 3rd rd and further every year

18 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

13-2....7-4....12-3....8-4....11-2.....5-5....10-3....3-8.....2-7....

These numbers represent Coach record each season since becoming Head coach at JT/Tyler.  He will finish 6-5 after loss tonight.

If you look at his record, he has only had two bad seasons.  Although many Cujo fans have wanted to either make changes to staff or head coach....on paper he hasn't lost enough to justify any changes.    

This team will return 9 starters on each side of the ball next season.  I really can't see them letting Coach go, but hopefully there are some changes to staff. All we can do is hope.  Unless there are tons of injuries, there is no excuse for next yr team to be avg.  A long playoff run should be expected. 

By the way, 400 plus yards in 1st half for Magnolia West tonight.

Holmes has no credibility to me he has ridden the coat tails of excellent players for years. Now he has to actually coach and he can’t do it. No development of players just nothing. Just stealing a paycheck

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JETT said:

That's all good and dandy, cujo should be in 3rd rd and further every year

his 1st season was semifinals, semifinals again 3rd season, 3rd round his 5th season, and 4th round his 7th season. 

They were making deep runs every other yr, which is where I think they should be.  Not happening anymore. Hopefully this changes next yr.

19 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

his 1st season was semifinals, semifinals again 3rd season, 3rd round his 5th season, and 4th round his 7th season. 

They were making deep runs every other yr, which is where I think they should be.  Not happening anymore. Hopefully this changes next yr.

And your satisfied with that? Outsider looking in I'd be upset, I got family that's played for CUJO dating back to my dad and he's nearly 50 years of age... alot of talent coming thru that school, like I said I'm just a outsider looking in!!! If you like it then you do you

23 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Then how would you say it?

The community got the named changed. I'm sure they could get a coaching change   But like it or not, he has the support of alot of fans. maybe he will do an audit on the program and make some changes. I think next yr will say alot.

20 minutes ago, JETT said:

And your satisfied with that? Outsider looking in I'd be upset, I got family that's played for CUJO dating back to my dad and he's nearly 50 years of age... alot of talent coming thru that school, like I said I'm just a outsider looking in!!! If you like it then you do you

I know how the metro areas are growing and where the talent is at now.  A deep run every other yr or every two yrs seems reasonable to me.  However, it feels like the program may not be in that position anymore.  Next yr they return alot of kids.  So I think we will know the state of the program then.

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I know how the metro areas are growing and where the talent is at now.  A deep run every other yr or every two yrs seems reasonable to me.  However, it feels like the program may not be in that position anymore.  Next yr they return alot of kids.  So I think we will know the state of the program then.

👌🏾

Somebody said on here it's too much damn talent in Tyler for things to be going down like this. I've always believed TISD has had just as much talent as Longview...maybe even better but you have to coach your talent up. I don't know Holmes personally but just from how I've heard he's always on Twitter and and his persona from interviews he looks like the "look at me I'm cool and fly asf..." coach. Like a great value Mike Tomlin...🤷🏾‍♂️

• LOL! 3

2 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Somebody said on here it's too much damn talent in Tyler for things to be going down like this. I've always believed TISD has had just as much talent as Longview...maybe even better but you have to coach your talent up. I don't know Holmes personally but just from how I've heard he's always on Twitter and and his persona from interviews he looks like the "look at me I'm cool and fly asf..." coach. Like a great value Mike Tomlin...🤷🏾‍♂️

Agree, but supposedly he's got the support he needs according to a poster above... SMH

8 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

That’s exactly what he is a damn show and nothing show for it! And these idiots in tyler fall  right behind him, we going no where next year either. I don’t care how much we got coming back Holmes gonna find a way to F it up!

Just now, gtee2 said:

@JETT man it really is shameful that Tyler is city over 100,000 and this type of product comes out. Especially Legacy! 

Yep, start at the top and clean house... last few years I've watched a game here and there and only thing that's impressed me was the band and I don't even like band.... 

It feels like Tyler is going the way Lufkin has recently. Constantly underperforming, with a coach that has had his better year in the past. 

I know some Cujo fans kept saying with Holt this and that, no. I’m sorry no player is worth making up 42/49 points. The last two weeks showed what JT truly was this season. 

McFall is at the reigns now, we’ll see how he does in the off season and next year but man. I just don’t see it. Regardless, HP is out of the district next year so JT should be finishing no worse than second in whatever district they place us.

20 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

@LoboFan07 I'm kinda 💩face HP is prolly gone. Longview couldn't win one against them and that ####. Same way with LT. Maybe Lobos can get to that 3rd match up

It was just the wrong time with the wrong team...with the wrong leader at the QB spot. Is what it is. I don't think they get past College Station tbh.

8 hours ago, gtee2 said:

uh...sorta.  You got to think, the top TISD talent is split probably 60-40 in Cujo favor.  Also, got some kids at private schools.  The main difference is that if a kid like Jamarion Miller lived in Pine Tree, Spring Hill, or Hallsville zone, he make sure he would find his way to Longview High because its Longview High. Longview gets probably 85% or better of the top talent in their area.    Lee/Legacy, Chapel Hill have state championships. Heck even TK Gorman and Brook Hill have one. So its not crazy for a kid to pick those schools over Cujo.

However, I don't think Longview is 49-0 better than Tyler High in terms of talent. 

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It feels like Tyler is going the way Lufkin has recently. Constantly underperforming, with a coach that has had his better year in the past. 

I know some Cujo fans kept saying with Holt this and that, no. I’m sorry no player is worth making up 42/49 points. The last two weeks showed what JT truly was this season. 

McFall is at the reigns now, we’ll see how he does in the off season and next year but man. I just don’t see it. Regardless, HP is out of the district next year so JT should be finishing no worse than second in whatever district they place us.

I'm not sold HP is moving up.   McFall is new to the position, hopefully he will get better.

Im like you, I think Eli was a good player, but he wasn't Greg Ward or Bryson Smith. Plus Oline didn't play well and the Def is what it is. 

• Like 1