Tyler High(6-4)(4-2) @ Magnolia West (9-1)(7-1)

cujoforlife

Bi-District   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, JETT said:

Agree, but supposedly he's got the support he needs according to a poster above... SMH

hey, I didn't say I was ok with it...I'm just saying on paper he hasn't lost enough to be fired...and if the community wanted him gone, he be gone.     Trust me, there are plenty who agree with you. These lopsided losses really hurt him.   Again, next yr they return 90% of the team and almost all of their best players.  So we will see. how that works out. 

• Like 1

Just now, 903GUY91 said:

I just wonder if JT was still winning would the whole rezoning thing be such a big factor? I mean I don’t see chapel hill fans on here blaming Legacy for anything? 

What does Chapel Hill have to do with Legacy....they are in two different school districts.  Rezoning only affected Tyler ISD...not Chapel Hill ISD....come on man....smh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

What does Chapel Hill have to do with Legacy....they are in two different school districts.  Rezoning only affected Tyler ISD...not Chapel Hill ISD....come on man....smh.

Because one of there players transferred to Legacy. I’m just saying JT fans always wanna blame legacy for there troubles. 

Just now, 903GUY91 said:

Because one of there players transferred to Legacy. I’m just saying JT fans always wanna blame legacy for there troubles. 

a player transferring is much different than a school district rezoning hundreds of kids.   The zones should be even, in terms of kids, but Legacy has 300+ more students than Tyler High...and thats not taking in account that several hundred to  probably 1000 high school kids in south Tyler should be at Legacy, but they go to private and charter schools instead.  

Tyler ISD clearly zones in favor of Lee/Legacy....that's not a debate at all.  BUT... not all of Cujo problems are because of Legacy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 903GUY91 said:

Once people start Holmes accountable sorry coaching and picking sorry staff then the program will be in a better place, it ridiculous that some fans are ok with being mediocre. That’s why we are at home and legacy is thriving. Holmes has had years to get it right, I don’t care about who is coming back will be average as hell again because we have coaches that don’t develop players, and we play a defense that will lose us more games until we change the scheme. We don’t have QB, because Mcfall is not a QB he is a RB. We just are down bad and will have another wasted season and will be that way every year as long as Holmes is over the program. We will be just like Lufkin is currently. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

a player transferring is much different than a school district rezoning hundreds of kids.   The zones should be even, in terms of kids, but Legacy has 300+ more students than Tyler High...and thats not taking in account that several hundred to  probably 1000 high school kids in south Tyler should be at Legacy, but they go to private and charter schools instead.  

Tyler ISD clearly zones in favor of Lee/Legacy....that's not a debate at all.  BUT... not all of Cujo problems are because of Legacy. 

Ok cool I was just tryna understand why some fans have so much anger toward legacy. 

15 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Once people start Holmes accountable sorry coaching and picking sorry staff then the program will be in a better place, it ridiculous that some fans are ok with being mediocre. That’s why we are at home and legacy is thriving. Holmes has had years to get it right, I don’t care about who is coming back will be average as hell again because we have coaches that don’t develop players, and we play a defense that will lose us more games until we change the scheme. We don’t have QB, because Mcfall is not a QB he is a RB. We just are down bad and will have another wasted season and will be that way every year as long as Holmes is over the program. We will be just like Lufkin is currently. 

Do you think that Miller has the same type of high school career if he would have been at Tyler High ? 

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

uh...sorta.  You got to think, the top TISD talent is split probably 60-40 in Cujo favor.  Also, got some kids at private schools.  The main difference is that if a kid like Jamarion Miller lived in Pine Tree, Spring Hill, or Hallsville zone, he make sure he would find his way to Longview High because its Longview High. Longview gets probably 85% or better of the top talent in their area.    Lee/Legacy, Chapel Hill have state championships. Heck even TK Gorman and Brook Hill have one. So its not crazy for a kid to pick those schools over Cujo.

However, I don't think Longview is 49-0 better than Tyler High in terms of talent. 

Hmm. I would say more 75%. Don't undermine the talent at PT now, and I don't think they lose much of anything to Longview High suprisingly. 

Now SH and Hallsville, different story.

Also, a very talent rich area is Lakeport/Easton. Majority of it is Longview ISD zoned, but it's also an area that we "tug o war" with Tatum (and Kilgore). Most of the top players at Tatum always come from this area...as a matter of fact...they have a D1 player with multiple offers now that comes from this area, which is Longview zoned. So that's one player that could've been at Longview.

As for Longview not being 49 points better than Tyler in terms of talent...well...talent is one thing. But I look around Tyler and I ask, where are the dogs at? Talent is nothing without the mentality. That's why Coach King coined the phrase "tough a-# Longview kids".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Im like you, I think Eli was a good player, but he wasn't Greg Ward or Bryson Smith. Plus Oline didn't play well and the Def is what it is. 

Spot on.

Some on here were acting like Eli was the best CUJO QB ever...no.

He was talented and was on par with Geo, which is who I compared him to before the season.

CUJO was better with him but he wasn't a guy that was going to lead you to for sure victories over teams like HP/LV/Ryan like I've seen posted by a few several times...because there were other areas of the team that were worrisome. I know you've been complaining about the defense for years now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I wouldn't say Legacy is thriving. They have a special class this yr.  They may be ok next yr, but the talent goes down for a bit afterwards. Lets see how they perform without those RBs.

Just now, ANTI said:

Hmm. I would say more 75%. Don't undermine the talent at PT now, and I don't think they lose much of anything to Longview High suprisingly. 

Now SH and Hallsville, different story.

Also, a very talent rich area is Lakeport/Easton. Majority of it is Longview ISD zoned, but it's also an area that we "tug o war" with Tatum (and Kilgore). Most of the top players at Tatum always come from this area...as a matter of fact...they have a D1 player with multiple offers now that comes from this area, which is Longview zoned. So that's one player that could've been at Longview.

As for Longview not being 49 points better than Tyler in terms of talent...well...talent is one thing. But I look around Tyler and I ask, where are the dogs at? Talent is nothing without the mentality. That's why Coach King coined the phrase "tough a-# Longview kids".

Yea, things have improved at PT.  But you got players at LV that are sitting that would be starters at other schools in LV.  Like the JV QB.  If he was in Tyler, he would have transferred somewhere else. But in Longview, where would he go.  Honestly Kilgore is the only other school worth anything close to Longview, but I don't hear of kids going there.  Tatum is ok,.

I think King's physical style of play puts his players in position to be dogs.  Not really physical in Tyler. Lots of flash.   But, we will see next yr. They have no excuses with all the players they have coming back on both sides. Somewhat concerned about McFall at QB but he is a special athlete.  They have an entire off season to build things around him.  

27 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Yea, things have improved at PT.  But you got players at LV that are sitting that would be starters at other schools in LV.  Like the JV QB.  If he was in Tyler, he would have transferred somewhere else. But in Longview, where would he go.  Honestly Kilgore is the only other school worth anything close to Longview, but I don't hear of kids going there.  Tatum is ok,.

I think King's physical style of play puts his players in position to be dogs.  Not really physical in Tyler. Lots of flash.   But, we will see next yr. They have no excuses with all the players they have coming back on both sides. Somewhat concerned about McFall at QB but he is a special athlete.  They have an entire off season to build things around him.  

The McFall thing at QB may very well end up working out in the end...

But right now, I am honestly dumbfounded by the decision to put him there. What's his history playing QB youth-present? Does he have a QB coach/trainer? When he attends camps, is he getting reps at QB? 7v7? What happened to the Franklin kid that Holmes seemed to like more than Hampton?

I'm outsider looking in but McFall is an excellent RB waiting to be unleashed. 

If they changed the offense and build something around mcfall they would be ok like what lee did with Zach hall chance amie maybe even some under center iforimation an throw play action roll out passes similar to Longview this spread just isn’t working anymore Eli showed u need a decent qb hopefully another eli is coming up mcfall should definitely be rb or wildcat snap to him and run something like Guyer did with heard 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Spot on.

Some on here were acting like Eli was the best CUJO QB ever...no.

He was talented and was on par with Geo, which is who I compared him to before the season.

CUJO was better with him but he wasn't a guy that was going to lead you to for sure victories over teams like HP/LV/Ryan like I've seen posted by a few several times...because there were other areas of the team that were worrisome. I know you've been complaining about the defense for years now.

Eli is not on par with Geo. Geo was the 5a player of the year. Eli doesn't  come close to that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ANTI said:

But right now, I am honestly dumbfounded by the decision to put him there. What's his history playing QB youth-present? Does he have a QB coach/trainer? When he attends camps, is he getting reps at QB? 7v7? What happened to the Franklin kid that Holmes seemed to like more than Hampton?

Franklin has started at LB all yr.  Doesn't appear QB is on the table for him. But he has 2 yrs left so who knows.

Not sure about the history of McFall at QB.  I don't believe there is much of one in the past.   

If they change offense up, it could help him, but if he is expected to be a passer like the previous QB's, I think it will be an uphill battle.  Kid is an elite athlete so he could do it if anyone could. 

Just now, VonG said:

Eli is not on par with Geo. Geo was the 5a player if the year. Eli doesn't  come close to that.

yea, but Geo had a much better team too.  I think he saying that his talent is more on that level.   Geo was probably a little better, but Geo had several yrs in the program too. 

6 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea, but Geo had a much better team too.  I think he saying that his talent is more on that level.   Geo was probably a little better, but Geo had several yrs in the program too. 

True. Geo is on the same level as Greg, Bryson, Jeremy,  and whoever else. His stats and semifinals appearance says he's right there. Now he doesn't have the athleticism as those guys. But qb talent he is right there with them.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I don't believe Holmes liked Franklin more than Hampton. The problem was Hampton wasn't there for Coach Holmes to chose Hampton over Franklin. Franklin was there from day 1 while Hampton was making his moves around the state to see where he was going to be. I know he liked Hampton. Hampton was one of the ball boys for JT his 8th grade year. Along McFall, Cooper,  and Sanford. He loved the kid but the kid started moving around. Coach can't choose him over someone if he doesn't know if the kid is going to be apart of his program. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonG said:

True. Geo is on the same level as Greg, Bryson, Jeremy,  and whoever else. His stats and semifinals appearance says he's right there. Now he doesn't have the athleticism as those guys. But qb talent he is right there with them.

Have to agree to disagree.

Geo ain't in the same stratosphere as Bryson, Jeremy and especially Greg. 

Geo was good but wasn't a guy that could break a defense down the way those 3 could.

I'd probably take Bush over Geo too if we're talking pure talent.

I mean if Eli isn't more like Geo, who could you compare him to? Has to be better than Cadillac.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Have to agree to disagree.

Geo ain't in the same stratosphere as Bryson, Jeremy and especially Greg. 

Geo was good but wasn't a guy that could break a defense down the way those 3 could.

I'd probably take Bush over Geo too if we're talking pure talent.

I mean if Eli isn't more like Geo, who could you compare him to? Has to be better than Cadillac.

If only they had Eli last year or year before in that playoff run I feel they win few more games if Eli was here for two years this team would of looked a little better I think he is on that level with Cadillac but better qb than he was passes wise Eli could been on Greg and Bryson level by how accurate some his throws was this season not so much the running threat those where tho but I still will say hp game would been different if he stayed in

2 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

If only they had Eli last year or year before in that playoff run I feel they win few more games if Eli was here for two years this team would of looked a little better I think he is on that level with Cadillac. but better qb than he was passing wise Eli could been on Greg and Bryson level by how accurate some his throws was this season not so much the running threat those where tho but I still will say hp game would been different if he stayed in

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

If only they had Eli last year or year before in that playoff run I feel they win few more games if Eli was here for two years this team would of looked a little better I think he is on that level with Cadillac but better qb than he was passes wise Eli could been on Greg and Bryson level by how accurate some his throws was this season not so much the running threat those where tho but I still will say hp game would been different if he stayed in

Lions would have prolly 2 more tds but y'all run defense was not good. HP gashed y'all pretty good with the run. So the more Cujo scored the more HP prolly scored