Tyler High(6-4)(4-2) @ Magnolia West (9-1)(7-1)

cujoforlife

Bi-District   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Well,when being present & watching the game,u can see the offense is so much of a disaster that ur jus basically 3 and out. Any team that has the ball vs a offense like that will likely run up the score and yardage, Defense staying on the field most of the time. A top notch defense will probably give up and say the hell with it on some plays if their offense is just this rediculiously unsuccessful. U get a turnover and offence can't do nothing period or I'll just say little.  Jt  has a average defense anyway,so a QB stand still like what they have will really hurt. It has nothing to do with the rest of the team. U have to be watching them to see how bad their issue is. Most Teams that have backup qbs are atleast able to a little something, maybe not like the starter but give u a little something.  Tyler's current situation is horrendous.  No precision passing ,no Qb intelligence, running out of bounds losings yards,can give nothing to the pisition ,very predictedable passing tendencies. No use can be made of the talented receivers. Not trying to bust Mcfall's chops to much , he is  a tremendous football player but he is not a Qb. When i say that i mean u can't fry a pan of chicken with a lighter. Thats how bad that situation is. He is good at other athletic positions.  (Wr,Rb, etc) So keep him there only. He is a good talent but not at Qb. Its just like taking Tom Brady and putting him at starting MLB (HIS ABILITIES AT THAT POSITION IS ONLY OPTION) and teams just constantly running the ball down your throat every drive and the offense can do so much. Should any blame go to the rest if the team for getting blown out when u unable make any adjustments to stop it ??? One issue can be that drastic to a team's success. In JT situation, that issue is imminent. Also i want to say this. What i described about Mcfall at the QB,that opinion is vs more of stellar defenses/teams like Longview. Vs weaker teams, Mcfall can look alot better. He looked good vs Sherman, But Texas High & Longview, u get to see what he really is when push comes to shove at that position. He can really play some ball at other positions.  He is a stellar talent for Tyler and as my brother, I love him on as well as off the field. So in case of any those reading that likes to jump to conclusions without  seeking understanding, i don't mean no ill intent. Speaking from a point of view of why we are so unsuccessful without Eli Holt. If Mcfall may improve a whole over the offseason.  Its probably just right now he is not ready. After a good offseason and 7 on 7,he could be a new man. So im not counting him out in future seasons.  He is just ready at Qb now but i Holmes's judgment. If he have him at the position, then he knows he can be successful, its just evident, that success may not happen this season. Next season is a new moment of time. I hope JT can get the QB play they need but I'll be behind Holmes 100% on who he decides on,unless i notice another ELI.

+1

I also feel like they didn't do enough to help the backups out.  LV and HP Def. lines went after the backups.  They didn't put a TE or anything in to help block. Maybe that is something not in the playbook, but asking these backups to do what Eli can do isn't fair.  

On 11/8/2021 at 5:08 AM, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Yep if Holt is not ready,i don't think JT will win. So i want vote till around Wednesday. Probably Will hear something  from Holmes by then. If Holt is ready,ill take Take JT even over Ryan. To me they are that dangerous. Holt is the most valuable player for them. They can't function 

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

+1

I also feel like they didn't do enough to help the backups out.  LV and HP Def. lines went after the backups.  They didn't put a TE or anything in to help block. Maybe that is something not in the playbook, but asking these backups to do what Eli can do isn't fair.  

That’s on Holmes and bush, they have disregard for who it out there. A good coach understands who you have and adjusts. But it’s Holmes we’re are talking about…. He doesn’t think very much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

I see the team most time in mornings when they practice and saw mcfall at the qb position with the team running plays  so I’m not sure what gone happen this Friday at the qb position eli looked like he was ok Friday night 

You saw Mcfall this morning?

On 11/8/2021 at 5:08 AM, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Yep if Holt is not ready,i don't think JT will win. So i want vote till around Wednesday. Probably Will hear something  from Holmes by then. If Holt is ready,ill take Take JT even over Ryan. To me they are that dangerous. Holt is the most valuable player for them. They can't function without him.

That pass to wade from back up was good as could ask for 50/50 ball  that willie went up and picked it off wade didn't even try to play the ball for catch so if holt played wade make that catch? Wade = over rated 

25 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

That pass to wade from back up was good as could ask for 50/50 ball  that willie went up and picked it off wade didn't even try to play the ball for catch so if holt played wade make that catch? Wade = over rated 

Eli would have threaded the pass better holt wouldn’t have just threw a prayer in the air which that ball was. Holt would’ve look for different pass. Also if you look at some of holts highlight has had passes that you would’ve thought would’ve gotten picked off and didn’t because he was able to get in a tight window and on time, that’s the difference with holt at QB vs mcfall

On 11/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

@Pack007tell us about magnolia west? Strength weakness? 

Magnolia West is 9-1, they have scored 357 points while giving up 169.  They have rushed for over 2400 yards, thrown for over 1500 yards.  Bilbo is their leading rusher with over 1300 yards and Aroca has 750 yards.  QB Brock Dalton has thrown for almost 1300 yards and ran for 200 and spreads the ball around to 5 different WRs.  They have an OL that will knock you on your butt all game long.  MW had 350+ yards against College Station last week, only trailed 27-20 at halftime before CS pulled away in the 2nd half to win 41-20.  College Station is very very good. Mag West plays well at home.  Defensive front 7 is pretty good, very good LBs.  Secondary is average, but they don't make many mistakes or turn over the ball, but they will capitalize on their opponents mistakes. What they will do is get Chippy with you, both Magnolia schools are good at that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

+1

No nobody ask anybody to do what eli has but the be presentable some kind of way. Its the fact that they can be prentable to get a first down. Its a struggle to get just that vs team the level of a Longview or highland park.  They havnt even scored 1 td yet. Thats how bad it is this season.  There is no presentable back like it has been in the past. In the past u may not a players as good as the starter but damn they could atleast be presentable and get a drive going here and there but these 2021 bk ups are like having a passenger to get up and fly the plain . Its understood, things and situations can happens. Its just i never seen this type situation before,where the injury of 1 player transforms a team from a playstation to a pinball machine that is without anything for the pinball to bounce around off of. The pinball just goes up and straight back down.👀

16 minutes ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

No nobody ask anybody to do what eli has but the be presentable some kind of way. Its the fact that they can be prentable to get a first down. Its a struggle to get just that vs team the level of a Longview or highland park.  They havnt even scored 1 td yet. Thats how bad it is this season.  There is no presentable back like it has been in the past. In the past u may not a players as good as the starter but damn they could atleast be presentable and drive here and there but these 2021 bk ups are like having a passenger to fly a plain. Its understood, things and situations can happens. Its just i never seen this type situation before,where the injury of 1 player transforms a team from a playstation to a pinball machine that is without anything for the pinball to bounce around off of. The pinball just goes up and straight back down.👀

It comes down to Holmes and company not developing kids, which has been a problem for years. They do not develop players, a 5A team has no business not having a decent back up quarterback when it’s teams with less talent that have one. This one is on Holmes.. he doesn’t get a pass.

7 hours ago, WolverBean said:

No the ball would have been in a better spot for Wade to get to. The play u are talking about,he reached out for,it was more possible for the cb to get to than Wade with the veiw he had and position he was in. Wade is nowhere near overrated, you can have that opinion,judging his or holding his whole career off of the crippling situations of last Friday night.Did you see that one handed TD grab on a pass from Eli Holt vs Highland park , with the defender holding back Wade's other Arm ,drawing the pass interference but Wade still made the catch? That should have been on Sportcenter.

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

It comes down to Holmes and company not developing kids, which has been a problem for years. They do not develop players, a 5A team has no business not having a decent back up quarterback when it’s teams with less talent that have one. This one is on Holmes.. he doesn’t get a pass.

I agree,it is important to develope bk up Qbs but to Holmes defense.  Mcfall is just a sophomore with 2 more years to develope.  He has not had a chance to really develop him yet. If he is the same way next year then we may can start raising eyebrows but for now,to be fair to Holmes, Mcfall has not had the time to really develop yet. The QB last yr, Eli Sanchez must of quit or some cause he would have been a more viable ,more developed backup option or atleast 3rd string at worst. So they were probably in a bind this year at backup Qb from the jump with no experienced options. I forgot about that. Im hearing their is a JV QB, kid thats good coming up. Anyone heard anything about him?

1 hour ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

No the ball would have been in a better spot for Wade to get to. The play u are talking about,he reached out for,it was more possible for the cb to get to than Wade with the veiw he had and position he was in. Wade is nowhere near overrated, you can have that opinion,judging his or holding his whole career off of the crippling situations of last Friday night.Did you see that one handed TD grab on a pass from Eli Holt vs Highland park , with the defender holding back Wade's other Arm ,drawing the pass interference but Wade still made the catch? That should have been on Sportcenter.

The man wade has been making highlights all season he doesn’t have to prove any, i wouldn’t even worry about this

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

No nobody ask anybody to do what eli has but the be presentable some kind of way. Its the fact that they can be prentable to get a first down. Its a struggle to get just that vs team the level of a Longview or highland park.  They havnt even scored 1 td yet. Thats how bad it is this season.  There is no presentable back like it has been in the past. In the past u may not a players as good as the starter but damn they could atleast be presentable and get a drive going here and there but these 2021 bk ups are like having a passenger to get up and fly the plain . Its understood, things and situations can happens. Its just i never seen this type situation before,where the injury of 1 player transforms a team from a playstation to a pinball machine that is without anything for the pinball to bounce around off of. The pinball just goes up and straight back down.👀

My point is that they aren't putting them in a position to be presentable.  I'm trying not to be to hard on Coach because you can probably say he is the second best coach at JT over the past 30 yrs (although I would lean towards Rush).  But anyone can see that McFall and Lacy are incredible athletes but not qb's at this stage in their career.  I think McFall can get close because he is that good of a talent, but like you said, qb isn't his position.   So you got to change things up for them when they are in the game. Like Florida would do when they went from Leak to Tebow or Bama from Hurts to Mac Jones.  Put these guys in Wildcat or double TE, wing-T, Veer or something. You can clearly see they can't throw downfield like Eli and the good teams like HP and LV knew it too.  Shorten the game up, burn clock, take 3 yards a play. Instead they going three and out with incompletions and stopping the clock.  Take a 21-7, loss instead of 49-0.  Give yourself a chance to be in the game.  Not every team has been blessed with the past qb's JT/Tyler has had, but the other coaches seem to maximize their teams success regardless. The team that just beat Cujo gave you the blue print  They went 4 rounds deep several yrs ago with a very average qb.   Its like this program has been so lucky with great qbs, they don't know what to do when they don't have one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

My point is that they aren't putting them in a position to be presentable.  I'm trying not to be to hard on Coach because you can probably say he is the second best coach at JT over the past 30 yrs (although I would lean towards Rush).  

Would definitely take Rush over Holmes. I know some that would argue Brooks over him too. 

Of course, nobody in the conversation is in the same stratosphere as Allen Wilson but that goes without saying.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Would definitely take Rush over Holmes. I know some that would argue Brooks over him too. 

Of course, nobody in the conversation is in the same stratosphere as Allen Wilson but that goes without saying.

I always said this too. My saying is brooks put us back to winning, rush put us back into state contention, and Holmes made tyler “box office” in terms of selling the program as a contender 

• Like 1

I'm starting an petition. Bring Aeryn Hampton back to Tyler,TX. Dude has 4 offers already. He is rated a 4 star. He has 9 picks on the year and 5 of them went for touchdowns. He has over 20 touchdowns total. Aeryn, Derrick, and Tatum are some of the biggest recruits for the class of 2024. Let this sink in. JT would have had 2 of the biggest recruits in the class of 2024 had Aeryn stayed in Tyler. I still believe there is hope. I'm speaking it into exsentice right now. Aeryn will be back in Tyler to finish his high school career. Let's go.

• LOL! 1