Question for our Democratic friends...

Monte1076

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

You know what. I see you guys point now. I'm vaccinated, so if i get Covid, the antibodies will help me fight it off better. Sooooo..... we basically wear masks not to spread it to the unvaccinated. Heck, if they are fans of natural selection, maybe I should be too. I see the light now. 

Will you wear the masks forever?  Or just until the government tells you it is ok to take it off?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

So again, what does "Safe" look like? Why hasn't the Administration or the CDC given us any kind of idea of what "Safe" looks like? Do they not know?

I might be wrong about this but didn't the CDC (or Fauci) say that new infections need to fall below 10,000 a day?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Those questions are apparently above the pay grade of the CDC and the Biden Administration as well.

Well, it's hard to do when the virus keeps changing. Science is constantly changing due to variables. If the virus keeps mutating, ofcourse the precautions and protocols will change. That's basic science.

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I might be wrong about this but didn't the CDC (or Fauci) say that new infections need to fall below 10,000 a day?

I don't know. It's possible. I haven't seen a report on that, but if you have a link, I'll read it. Was that a global number or a U.S. only number? That's an average of 200 per day per state.

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Well, it's hard to do when the virus keeps changing. Science is constantly changing due to variables. If the virus keeps mutating, ofcourse the precautions and protocols will change. That's basic science.

Oh, sure. I understand that. But even so, there's got to be something where they can define what "safe" looks like, wouldn't you say?

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

I don't know. It's possible. I haven't seen a report on that, but if you have a link, I'll read it. Was that a global number or a U.S. only number? That's an average of 200 per day per state.

I think that was a US number. I will try to find a link but like I said...I could be wrong. It just seems I remember hearing someone say that.

When did it feel safe for those who lived during polio times? This info might help. 

Polio is an infectious disease, contracted predominantly by children, that can lead to the permanent paralysis of various body parts and can ultimately cause death by immobilizing the patient’s breathing muscles.

No cure exists for the symptoms, but in the 1950s effective vaccines were developed and have been used around the world since then. This allowed some richer countries to eliminate the disease entirely in the 1960s and 70s. But large outbreaks continued around the world and in the 1980s the estimated global number of paralytic cases was over 350,000 per year and the disease was still prevalent in 125 countries. As a response the “Global Polio Eradication Initiative” (GPEI) was founded in 1988 to fight the virus’s spread and disease burden with a global vaccination campaign. Since then the world has made rapid progress against the disease and until 2016 the number of paralytic cases was reduced by 99.99% with 42 cases in that year worldwide. The latest data on the number of polio cases is always up-to-date here.

As of 2017 the virus remains in circulation in only three countries in the world – Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria – and it is hoped that the disease will soon be eradicated globally.

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

definitely agree with that.

15 days to flatten the curve.  Then one shot, then 2 shots.  Then 3rd booster, now 4.  When will you open your eyes and stop buying the bs?  US is like 80 something percent vaccinated yet higher deaths and cases than last year with no vaccines.  Hmmm

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

15 days to flatten the curve.  Then one shot, then 2 shots.  Then 3rd booster, now 4.  When will you open your eyes and stop buying the bs?  US is like 80 something percent vaccinated yet higher deaths and cases than last year with no vaccines.  Hmmm

Sheep gon’ sheep🐑🐑🐑🐑

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

As i said in my post before this one

"Well, it's hard to do when the virus keeps changing. Science is constantly changing due to variables. If the virus keeps mutating, ofcourse the precautions and protocols will change. That's basic science."

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

Sheep gon’ sheep🐑🐑🐑🐑

Well, it's hard to do when the virus keeps changing. Science is constantly changing due to variables. If the virus keeps mutating, of course the precautions and protocols will change. That's basic science.

Just now, ctown81 said:

Well, it's hard to do when the virus keeps changing. Science is constantly changing due to variables. If the virus keeps mutating, of course the precautions and protocols will change. That's basic science.

So we're going to keep heading down this road of mandates, supply chain disruptions, and so forth ad-infinitum? This is just how it's gonna be now?

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Imagine a science lesson from someone who supports those who think there are more than 2 genders.......:rofl:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

“Science!!!!”🙄😱

This is where I think they've dropped the ball as far as these hearings go. They need to get Fauci and the CDC director (Walenski, or however you spell it) on the record for what "safe" actually looks like. Someone needs to actually ask them that question. How many cases? What infection rate? All that stuff.

29 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

They've only mandated masks. Haven't heard of anymore shutdowns.

Vaccine mandates. Fining companies if they don't mandate that their employees get vaccinated or tested. What do you think that is? It's certainly not a request. And it may be unconstitutional.