Joaquin Rams (5-4, 2-2) vs Beckville Bearcats (10-0, 6-0) Bi-District Playoff at Henderson Lion Stadium Friday, November 12th 7:30 pm

trueblue82

Who advances to Round 2?   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or ‘Cats?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:00 AM

The Joaquin Rams will try to salvage their season Friday night when they travel to Henderson to take on the unbeaten District 9AA D1 champion Beckville Bearcats in a bi-district playoff game. Beckville will be the designated home team for this game. These two teams opened up the season with a Thursday night game at Joaquin, which saw the Bearcats erase a 39-20 Ram lead in the second half to capture a 50-39 victory. The Rams hold a 12-6 advantage in the series since 2000. This is the first ever playoff game between these teams. The Bearcats have had a history making season, their first ever to go 10-0, and have their sites set on a deep playoff run. The Rams are trying to recover from a disappointing 5-4 finish and shock the world by pulling off the rare upset of a #1 seeded team in the first round of the playoffs. The Bearcats are led by senior quarterback Ryan Harris, who does a great job of running their spread offense and distributing the ball to their playmakers. His favorite playmaker is sophomore RB/ WR Jacoby Williams, who is one of the best athletes in Class AA. Harris also leads the Bearcat defense, serving as basically an assistant coach on the field and providing a big hammer as a run stopping strong safety. The Rams are led by junior RBs Malik Stotts and Andre Brown. Stotts topped the 1,000 yard mark Friday night, and Brown would likely be there as well if not for a nagging ankle injury. Stotts is also the Rams leading receiver, having caught 6 touchdown passes on the year, including 3 in the last three games from freshman QB Justin Brown.  RB Gage is a reliable runner as well. Can the Rams pull off a shocker and turn the Bearcats dream season into a nightmare? Will Beckville be able to continue the dominance they’ve shown all season? It’s time to find out! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The Joaquin Rams will try to salvage their season Friday night when they travel to Henderson to take on the unbeaten District 9AA D1 champion Beckville Bearcats in a bi-district playoff game. Beckville will be the designated home team for this game. These two teams opened up the season with a Thursday night game at Joaquin, which saw the Bearcats erase a 39-20 Ram lead in the second half to capture a 50-39 victory. The Rams hold a 12-6 advantage in the series since 2000. This is the first ever playoff game between these teams. The Bearcats have had a history making season, their first ever to go 10-0, and have their sites set on a deep playoff run. The Rams are trying to recover from a disappointing 5-4 finish and shock the world by pulling off the rare upset of a #1 seeded team in the first round of the playoffs. The Bearcats are led by senior quarterback Ryan Harris, who does a great job of running their spread offense and distributing the ball to their playmakers. His favorite playmaker is sophomore RB/ WR Jacoby Williams, who is one of the best athletes in Class AA. Harris also leads the Bearcat defense, serving as basically an assistant coach on the field and providing a big hammer as a run stopping strong safety. The Rams are led by junior RBs Malik Stotts and Andre Brown. Stotts topped the 1,000 yard mark Friday night, and Brown would likely be there as well if not for a nagging ankle injury. Stotts is also the Rams leading receiver, having caught 6 touchdown passes on the year, including 3 in the last three games from freshman QB Justin Brown.  RB Gage is a reliable runner as well. Can the Rams pull off a shocker and turn the Bearcats dream season into a nightmare? Will Beckville be able to continue the dominance they’ve shown all season? It’s time to find out! 

That was a well written preview for the game! Felt like I was watching a commercial hyping it up! Lol 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

That was a well written preview for the game! Felt like I was watching a commercial hyping it up! Lol 

Yeah Kirk Herbstreet called me last month. Said he’s been keeping up with my work here on SDC. Wanted me to take a job with espn. I turned it down because I don’t want to move to Connecticut or some other foreign country. I hear they have deer hunting up there, but I ain’t mad enough at them to hunt in the snow. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Beckville certainly seems to be hitting on all cylinders. However, Joaquin showed early in the year that they are capable. They’re the only team that has put Beckville against the ropes (other than the blue injuns who kept their game closer than the score indicated). Both teams are certainly more advanced in their respective schemes at this point vs week 1. Should be a good one. It’s imperative for Joaquin to win the turnover differential, pick up extra possessions and to grind out as much clock as possible to knock off Beckville. A challenge? Sure. Impossible? Absolutely not. I’m not picking against either team in this one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Beckville certainly seems to be hitting on all cylinders. However, Joaquin showed early in the year that they are capable. They’re the only team that has put Beckville against the ropes (other than the blue injuns who kept their game closer than the score indicated). Both teams are certainly more advanced in their respective schemes at this point vs week 1. Should be a good one. It’s imperative for Joaquin to win the turnover differential, pick up extra possessions and to grind out as much clock as possible to knock off Beckville. A challenge? Sure. Impossible? Absolutely not. I’m not picking against either team in this one. 

Yeah we had em backpeddlin for a quarter (momentarily)..then we ran out of gas,didn't take em long to reverse our gains...lol..they tend to slow start but once they get Goin they get Goin quick..lol 

6 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah we had em backpeddlin for a quarter (momentarily)..then we ran out of gas,didn't take em long to reverse our gains...lol..they tend to slow start but once they get Goin they get Goin quick..lol 

Maybe more like 2 quarters lol. Also, unrelated, didn’t y’all just score like 100 the other night? 😂💨

9 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Maybe more like 2 quarters lol. Also, unrelated, didn’t y’all just score like 100 the other night? 😂💨

Yeah, 32 offensive plays,592 total yards,nine different players scored a td..it was weird to say the least.we were scoring on dive plays late in the game,subbing seniors in for starting underclassmen..may have been the most points we've accidentally scored in a game in forever 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah, 32 offensive plays,592 total yards,nine different players scored a td..it was weird to say the least.we were scoring on dive plays late in the game,subbing seniors in for starting underclassmen..may have been the most points we've accidentally scored in a game in forever 🤷‍♂️

Keep it up over there. 

9 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Should be a great game. I was kind of torn when picking this one but I think Beckville will end up taking this one.  Will be one of the best games in region 3 this week IMO 

Won't even be close....I'm taking Beckville by 4 TD's........

Thing about this game is line of scrimmage players hasn’t changed. Joe won that for the majority of the game until injuries and out of shape got em. While Harris and Williams are formidable foes Joaquin has a history of winning the games people think they have no chance......Gonna be interesting for sure. I expect this to be a physical battle by the time it’s over