Joaquin Rams (5-4, 2-2) vs Beckville Bearcats (10-0, 6-0) Bi-District Playoff at Henderson Lion Stadium Friday, November 12th 7:30 pm

trueblue82

Who advances to Round 2?   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or ‘Cats?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, WildBear said:

Rams win this one. Beckville has not played one good team. None.

Had Karnack on schedule but covid. Tried Union Hill and Leveretts Chapel had extra 5 players on our team than them. Field was different and team couldn't  learn the rules.  Tried to get Carthage on the list but off weeks were different.  So Coach Ross just played his schedule  he had sorry Wilddick I mean wildbear.

• LOL! 1

Beckville seems to always be a dark horse in this region.. don't get much attention throughout the year, then next thing you know they're playing in the region final. 

However, I seem to remember a game a year or so back where everyone on here said there was no way Joe could beat a very tough and successful Alto team.. then Joe gave us all one of the best AA football games I've seen. So, I'm going with our district mates. 

1 hour ago, WildBear said:

Are you a comedian?

Maybe not. What’s funny is a guy suggesting that Beckville hasn’t played a single good team, then looking at their schedule and seeing that they’ve beaten no less than 5 teams with a winning record, including the one you have picked to beat them. Yes I want my Rams to pull out the W Friday night. Yes I think we’re capable of doing it. Yes I believe it will happen. But the idea that Beckville isn’t a good football team makes as much sense as an oilfield hand voting democrat. 

• Like 3

4 teams with a winning record Joaquin 5 no

Maud 8 n 2

Carlisle 5 n 4

Hawkins 6 n 4 I hope Joaquin Beats them

I saw the first game Rams up 19 in the third quarter. 

Going for 4th down 3 different times inside their own 30 and not making it resulting in 21 Beckville points was the difference. 

I’d be easy on suggesting Joaquin is a “good” team..... Good teams win the games they are supposed to. Don’t turn the ball over in clutch situations. Joe can’t rely  on past success. New year. New players..... Like Denny Green said once, “They are who we thought they are”.....Joe is different team with QB 1 out..... It was mid line and sprint out pass. Now it’s dive and toss. Timpson loss is what it is. EF was close game but division higher. B’ville loss was mistakes, injuries and out shape and poor tackling . Garrison loss was mistakes and poor tackling..... Bottom line is a good team doesn’t beat itself and is fundamentally sound in all areas of the game. Kicking game has killed Joaquin since mid season. Giving the team the ball at midfield every time is killing field position..... Facts hurt and it doesn’t matter where I’m from... truth hurts and Rams has to face the music..... Now I believe Rams are totally capable of pulling off the victory Friday but as recent weeks have shown Joe is also capable of laying an egg..... Time to show up and represent the kind of season everyone in the town is accustomed to. Give great effort and execute game plan put forth and victory is definitely possible. But it won’t be easy and won’t happen by accident. It will be by doing what Good teams do.....

33 minutes ago, WildBear said:

And I never suggested Beckville wasn't a good football team they are

Just no competition except for Joaquin 

So what are you trying to get across here? They are good. They beat Joaquin. But they haven’t played anyone? Well congratulations. They beat the teams on the schedule, and beat them all by quite a bit. What else can they do? Beat Joaquin again?

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

I’d be easy on suggesting Joaquin is a “good” team..... Good teams win the games they are supposed to. Don’t turn the ball over in clutch situations. Joe can’t rely  on past success. New year. New players..... Like Denny Green said once, “They are who we thought they are”.....Joe is different team with QB 1 out..... It was mid line and sprint out pass. Now it’s dive and toss. Timpson loss is what it is. EF was close game but division higher. B’ville loss was mistakes, injuries and out shape and poor tackling . Garrison loss was mistakes and poor tackling..... Bottom line is a good team doesn’t beat itself and is fundamentally sound in all areas of the game. Kicking game has killed Joaquin since mid season. Giving the team the ball at midfield every time is killing field position..... Facts hurt and it doesn’t matter where I’m from... truth hurts and Rams has to face the music..... Now I believe Rams are totally capable of pulling off the victory Friday but as recent weeks have shown Joe is also capable of laying an egg..... Time to show up and represent the kind of season everyone in the town is accustomed to. Give great effort and execute game plan put forth and victory is definitely possible. But it won’t be easy and won’t happen by accident. It will be by doing what Good teams do.....

Good post 

A good team is a good team.  Yes, I think it is helpful to have a tough schedule to build some strength in adversity, but it isn't necessary.  There's been plenty of good teams from crappy districts that have run the table.  Carthage tries to schedule a difficult predistrict schedule, but it hasn't always worked out.

There are disadvantages to having a difficult schedule also.  16 games is a lot on teenage bodies.  If you are playing 4 quarters every week and taking a beating, it leads to injuries and fatigue.  Staying healthy, especially for small schools with fewer kids is every bit as important as being tested in the regular season.

If you are saying we can't tell how good they are because of their schedule, I can see that.

• Like 1