Gunter vs. Scurry-Rosser

wingtveer

2 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

I thought it meant fightin’ chicken in Spanish. If it did, that would be awesome!

Merriam Webster says that Scurry is to move in or as if in a brisk pace.  And that Rosser is a logger who peels the bark and smooths the wood on one side of logs so they can be dragged more easily.  If Scurry-Rosser's mascot is a quick lumberjack I am their new biggest fan because that is awesome. 

UPDATE: They are the wildcats and I have never been more disappointed.  I predict Gunter wins by 40

Edited by mikehoncho
Scurry-Rosser missed an opportunity
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Merriam Webster says that Scurry is to move in or as if in a brisk pace.  And that Rosser is a logger who peels the bark and smooths the wood on one side of logs so they can be dragged more easily.  If Scurry-Rosser's mascot is a quick lumberjack I am their new biggest fan because that is awesome. 

UPDATE: They are the wildcats and I have never been more disappointed.  I predict Gunter wins by 40

Fightin Quick Lumberjack’s would’ve been freakin’ awesome. Almost as awesome as a fountain of different types of nacho cheese. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Is this a joint account? Why 2 punks as opposed to just 1 punk?  It’s not a punk, as in county lockup? If it is, 2 punks makes sense. 

12 hours ago, 2Punks said:

Don’t make me shank ya. 

45 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

He’s not playing… he will cut you twice ,hence the name “2Punks “”

I like this wit on this thread.  Let's do it again next week! 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

Roosevelt might be the favorite on paper now. But if Canadian is really getting healthy, the road is set up for them to come out of that region yet again.

My thoughts exactly. My question is though, just how injured are they? There’s injured and then there’s injured. But, yes, if even a few are healthy enough to make it through the next couple of rounds, Canadian will have as good a chance as Roosevelt. Of course, Stanton is hoping for a Cinderella story. Bless them.

21 hours ago, 2Punks said:

My thoughts exactly. My question is though, just how injured are they? There’s injured and then there’s injured. But, yes, if even a few are healthy enough to make it through the next couple of rounds, Canadian will have as good a chance as Roosevelt. Of course, Stanton is hoping for a Cinderella story. Bless them.

Our kids are learning how to win. Last night, penalties killed us in the first half. I think we were at -60 yards midway through the second quarter. Then it was like a light switch  came on. Idalou was shut down. They scored on a short field the first and last score. The second TD our DB tripped off the line, and WR ran a streak and was wide open.

injuries have been real injuries, not soreness. Multiple leg fractures, shoulder injuries, 2 Liz franc, multiple concussions. However, the Liz franc kids are back, 1 should clear concussion protocol this week. At one point we were on our fifth string RB(JV), and were on second/3rd string at all recieving positions. 

• Prayers 1

8 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Our kids are learning how to win. Last night, penalties killed us in the first half. I think we were at -60 yards midway through the second quarter. Then it was like a light switch  came on. Idalou was shut down. They scored on a short field the first and last score. The second TD our DB tripped off the line, and WR ran a streak and was wide open.

injuries have been real injuries, not soreness. Multiple leg fractures, shoulder injuries, 2 Liz franc, multiple concussions. However, the Liz franc kids are back, 1 should clear concussion protocol this week. At one point we were on our fifth string RB(JV), and were on second/3rd string at all recieving positions. 

Man, I hate to hear about the seriousness of your kids injuries. Sounds like, though, those still playing are using this as an opportunity for growth. Good luck to Canadian from here on out. That was an amazing win last night!

• Love 1