Mount Pleasant @ A&M Consolidated

budmanmpfan

Mount Pleasant @ A&M Consolidated  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Mount Pleasant
    • A&M Consolidated

Mount Pleasant is in the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. The last time they got beat down to a tune of 70-2 by Highland Park.

This time they face the A&M Consolidated Tigers for the first time in their history.

Mount Pleasant has found its groove with its offense. The defense is still the best defense they have had in years.

How will they fare? Can they pull the upset?

gonna be hard but it could happen. a&m oline is pretty good but so is Mp defense . Lake creek imo not all that good and had a chance in the 4th quarter down 22-29 to beat them. It was early on but 6a Willis (5-5) got beat by Huntsville and then turned around and beat a&m consolidated . 

I didn't think PT would beat them last season, but they did.

BUTTTT.....

Unless DJ suits out for the Tigers, I think this is a tough one.  Especially on the road.

Tigers are MUCH better than their record shows.  Maybe AMC will underestimate them......

It's HSFB.... stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mav01 said:

Mp is peaking at the right time. Ball security and power running should keep it close. The D is the best MP has had since I can remember. 

Probably the best defense since the 90s when they made deep playoff runs. They ran the ball a lot back then too behind the legs of Basil Mitchell and Chris Campbell. 

MP according to kin folk is really solid. Especially on D. Again I know nothing about A&M Consolidated.  Best thing for me to do is to support the Tigers.  It is time for them to win a couple of playoff games. Tigers pull out a close one. Note:  this is based on a gut feeling.  No way would it stand up in court as reason to pick a winner.

I think both districts 1's advance without much scare. Both 2 vs 3 games will be very interesting. Wouldn't surprise me either way on them. Both home teams may have a slight advantage but the 3 seeds are pretty solid. It will ultimately come down to turnovers and which group wants it the most.  Maybe MP fans can make the long road trip and give them some extra support they deserve this season.  Equally, hopefully Marshall fans show up and get loud to make it a true home field advantage. 

5 hours ago, budmanmpfan said:

I think this may be closer than some think.

Agree.    I want to say MP has a real chance but unfortunately penalties and turnovers seem to bite you guys almost every game.  Best of luck though. I'm pulling hard for EVERYBODY is this district

• Like 1

I just went and looked at A&M's streamed games. If MP can get on the edges with their rbs, they have a great shot. Rudder's backs missed holes but Montgomery slashed em up running the ball. But if MP gets behind the chains and have to pass, it could be a long night. They have a good secondary.

On offense, they will be starting a freshman qb. Look for the MP senior laden secondary to disguise some coverages to confuse him. They have a quick rb as well. But if MP can get some penatration then they should be fine. But if they throw it they will carve MP up unless the secondary can step up and cause havoc.

This has the makings to be a very good game.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:35 PM, THSfanatic said:

Agree.    I want to say MP has a real chance but unfortunately penalties and turnovers seem to bite you guys almost every game.  Best of luck though. I'm pulling hard for EVERYBODY is this district

This is what got em in the end. Turnovers were huge in that 28 point outburst in the 1st qtr.