Pottsboro Cardinals vs Tatum Eagles

Grampz

Bi-District Round  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pottsboro Cardinals (5-4)
    • Tatum Eagles (8-2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:00 AM

• Grampz changed the title to Pottsboro Cardinals vs Tatum Eagles

Tatum is averaging 42.6 against defenses that give up 27.6 per game.  So, scoring 15.0 more points than the defense gives up on average.  Their opponents average 29.0 per game and Tatum holds them to 20.0 per game, so 9 points fewer than their opponent normally scores on average.  In total, Tatum swings opponents out of their game by an average of 24.0 points per game.

Pottsboro scores 39.0 per game vs defenses that allow 31.5 per game (7.5 more) and they hold teams averaging 35.4 per game to 31.8 (3.6 fewer).  Total swing for Pottsboro is +11.1.

Both teams score similarly - around 40 points a game.  Tatum slightly more.  Considering only games played against teams that average around 35 or more points, Tatum is 1-1 and holds those teams to 28 points on average.  Pottsboro is 2-3 and allows 38 points a game to these teams.  Pottsboro has seen the higher scoring offenses more so than Tatum, but Tatum has been better defensively in the smaller sample size.

Numbers come up with a Tatum win, 43-29.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pax said:

Tatum is averaging 42.6 against defenses that give up 27.6 per game.  So, scoring 15.0 more points than the defense gives up on average.  Their opponents average 29.0 per game and Tatum holds them to 20.0 per game, so 9 points fewer than their opponent normally scores on average.  In total, Tatum swings opponents out of their game by an average of 24.0 points per game.

Pottsboro scores 39.0 per game vs defenses that allow 31.5 per game (7.5 more) and they hold teams averaging 35.4 per game to 31.8 (3.6 fewer).  Total swing for Pottsboro is +11.1.

Both teams score similarly - around 40 points a game.  Tatum slightly more.  Considering only games played against teams that average around 35 or more points, Tatum is 1-1 and holds those teams to 28 points on average.  Pottsboro is 2-3 and allows 38 points a game to these teams.  Pottsboro has seen the higher scoring offenses more so than Tatum, but Tatum has been better defensively in the smaller sample size.

Numbers come up with a Tatum win, 43-29.

Interesting info there Pax. Appreciate it. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Potts has a decent qb. There's a few lineman that are good. I really don't see Potts giving Tatum any trouble. If they do it'll be the qb running on the edge, which he is able to do. He's kinda quick and shifty. 

Their run defense isn't good. Secondary is alright, nothing to special about them. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Potts has a decent qb. There's a few lineman that are good. I really don't see Potts giving Tatum any trouble. If they do it'll be the qb running on the edge, which he is able to do. He's kinda quick and shifty. 

Their run defense isn't good. Secondary is alright, nothing to special about them. 

He banged up his ankle on friday night against us so hopefully he was alright. The guy who came in for him is very talented as well so it will be interesting to see who is leading the charge. 

Guest Tiger03lb
13 minutes ago, chevyman said:

He banged up his ankle on friday night against us so hopefully he was alright. The guy who came in for him is very talented as well so it will be interesting to see who is leading the charge. 

Hate to hear that. He's fun to watch. 

54 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I think Tatum should win, but I've thought that about a few games they haven't won....

Gotta put it all together this time of year.  I think they do.

Tatum by 14.

Bizzle, Tatum has lost two games this year . Each of those games Tatum lost by 1 point. What is the other game they lost this year? Thanks for picking Tatum.😁 

15 minutes ago, PeepawTatum said:

Bizzle, Tatum has lost two games this year . Each of those games Tatum lost by 1 point. What is the other game they lost this year? Thanks for picking Tatum.😁 

Sorry, i thought they had lost a third game.  Should have won both games they lost.

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Yup

By this point in the season you are who you are.(I think you said that last week).  Y’all haven’t gotten better in any aspect of the game all year. We on the other have started really slow and have yet to peak. Hopefully y’all get it together by the Malakoff game. I expect y’all win this week even if you don’t play your best. 

13 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

By this point in the season you are who you are.(I think you said that last week).  Y’all haven’t gotten better in any aspect of the game all year. We on the other have started really slow and have yet to peak. Hopefully y’all get it together by the Malakoff game. I expect y’all win this week even if you don’t play your best. 

*Pottsboro

26 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Are you who you are or are you still rising to a peak?