Pottsboro Cardinals vs Tatum Eagles

Grampz

Bi-District Round  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pottsboro Cardinals (5-4)
    • Tatum Eagles (8-2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:00 AM

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Potty normally runs plays similar to what Sabine is doing now. They used to always have a qb that could run and designed plays like Sabine has this year. In the past they always had a good receiver or two as well. I haven’t watched them this year though. I’ll go ahead and say if Tatum can limit the turnovers then they “should” win this one though. I wonder if Tatum has some tricks up their sleeves now that the playoffs are here. Will be interesting to see if they can get better or not this week. Any boadcast info for this game?

Potts runs the same offense as Sabine. I think Sabine has the better athletes than Potts right now. Potts got one wr that they really throw too and qb is mobile when he needs to be. Heard he maybe banged up from the Winny game. 

Potts did decent in the first half against MV. Receivers didn't help that game from dropping passes.

Really depends on what teams show up. 

19 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

I was shocked at how few fans attended the Potts game Friday night...granted it wasn't a playoff game but it was the last game of the regular season and they are playoff bound...most teams would have filled the visitor side but there was very few there...I'm guess less than 100. Maybe since they lost to MV and wasn't going to win district there wasn't much interest...we will see how it goes for the playoff game.

I know why.....Awesome top water bite in the evenings around Potts right now. for everything!  White Oak folk are heading that way right now 

15 minutes ago, PeepawTatum said:

I know why.....Awesome top water bite in the evenings around Potts right now. for everything!  White Oak folk are heading that way right now 

Shoot we wouldn’t stop in potty to even use one. They think they hung the moon. Them not winning district is a-ok in my book. Fair weather fans skipped out on em this year. They awfully quiet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Potty normally runs plays similar to what Sabine is doing now. They used to always have a qb that could run and designed plays like Sabine has this year. In the past they always had a good receiver or two as well. I haven’t watched them this year though. I’ll go ahead and say if Tatum can limit the turnovers then they “should” win this one though. I wonder if Tatum has some tricks up their sleeves now that the playoffs are here. Will be interesting to see if they can get better or not this week. Any boadcast info for this game?

I'm sure! there so many wrinkles that weren't displayed during the regular season. Wishbone, Double wing, Single Wing, Wing T, and the T formation have all been practiced every week.....You wont see those formations from Tatum until They need it.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Shoot we wouldn’t stop in potty to even use one. They think they hung the moon. Them not winning district is a-ok in my book. Fair weather fans skipped out on em this year. They awfully quiet.

Truth!!!That's why it was so sweet putting a whuppin on em!!! Winny actually beat up on all their sub varsity teams too!! Don't think their talent level is going to be the same in the future!!

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, Racer55 said:

They still sore from us ending their season. Was crickets after that game. 

39 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

They still sore from us ending their season. Was crickets after that game. 

Yea they were awfully upset after the community and Gunter games this year too. Half of em want the coach gone and the other half don’t know what’s going on lol. 

Guest Tiger03lb
24 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol we ain't gave up 30 in a game all year and their 5-4 team gonna put 44 on us? 

That's why I want what he's taking. 😆 

12 hours ago, TCU44 said:

???

Meaning sometimes people like to "troll" by just throwing out some wildly crazy idea or score just to get everybody going...if you really feel that Potts is that much better than Tatum please share your thoughts...that's kind of the way it works...unless your post was just to troll. Most everybody else has given their best guess on what the score will be and the reason why they think that Tatum will win. No offence meant to Potts, I just think their defense will give up way to many points and Tatums defense will control Potts offense so I think it might be close till the half but Tatum will win by at least 21 or more.

12 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Good to see my tatum friends' Eagles back on track these days.

Hope yall have a deep run.

On track? Ehhh....most talent we've put on the field since 2011 and we're 8-2. Two 1 point losses but never the less 8-2.......I feel like we've underachieved and we need to hit another gear like we used to in the playoffs under Andy Evans. We always seemed to catch another gear when it was on the line with him at the helm......hoping this staff can do the same. Andy and his crew made good adjustments during games. Hoping we can start seeing that from this group. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

On track? Ehhh....most talent we've put on the field since 2011 and we're 8-2. Two 1 point losses but never the less 8-2.......I feel like we've underachieved and we need to hit another gear like we used to in the playoffs under Andy Evans. We always seemed to catch another gear when it was on the line with him at the helm......hoping this staff can do the same. Andy and his crew made good adjustments during games. Hoping we can start seeing that from this group. 

HIGH SCHOOL
Coached by Andy Evans at Tatum High School ... an all-state and three-time all-district performer at quarterback … ranked as the 43rd-best athlete by ESPNU … helped Tatum post a 31-9 record over his final three seasons, including a 7-3 mark in the playoffs … named third-team All-State by the Associated Press as a senior … a third-team Preseason Super Team selection by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … named the district 9-2A Division I MVP … tabbed All-East Texas Football Offensive MVP by the Longview News-Journal … helped lead Tatum to a 13-3 record and an appearance in the fifth round of the state playoffs … completed 86-of-168 passes (51%) for 1,471 yards and 13 TDs while rushing for 1,190 yards and 23 TDs on 185 carries … rushed for 351 yards and five touchdowns in a 44-42 win over White Oak … named the Built Ford Tough 2A Texas High School Football Player of the Week after passing for 282 yards and four TDs and rushing for 231 yards and three TDs in a 44-25 win over Bullard in week five … named first-team all-district 9-2A Division 1 as a junior … helped lead Tatum to a 12-1 record and an appearance in the fourth round of the state playoffs … passed for over 1,900 yards with 28 TDs and only four interceptions while rushing for over 700 yards with 16 TDs on 60 carries as a junior … named second-team all-district 17-3A as a sophomore … also named district Newcomer of the Year … helped lead Tatum to a 6-5 record and an appearance in the first round of the state playoffs … also lettered in basketball and track and field … two-time academic all-district selection.

PERSONAL
Began playing football at age  8 … father, Anthony, played RB at Baylor (1995-98); uncle, Stephen Hodge, played safety at TCU (2005-08) and was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys; cousin, Clarence Leatch, played defensive end at TCU (2006-09); cousin, Denarius Moore, played wide receiver at Tennessee (2007-10) and plays for the Oakland Raiders (2011-present) … has participated in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes … also participated in a community service project called ‘Steppin Out’ … enjoys video games.

• Love 1