Pottsboro Cardinals vs Tatum Eagles

Grampz

Bi-District Round  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pottsboro Cardinals (5-4)
    • Tatum Eagles (8-2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:00 AM

On 11/11/2021 at 7:20 AM, PeepawTatum said:

HIGH SCHOOL
Coached by Andy Evans at Tatum High School ... an all-state and three-time all-district performer at quarterback … ranked as the 43rd-best athlete by ESPNU … helped Tatum post a 31-9 record over his final three seasons, including a 7-3 mark in the playoffs … named third-team All-State by the Associated Press as a senior … a third-team Preseason Super Team selection by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … named the district 9-2A Division I MVP … tabbed All-East Texas Football Offensive MVP by the Longview News-Journal … helped lead Tatum to a 13-3 record and an appearance in the fifth round of the state playoffs … completed 86-of-168 passes (51%) for 1,471 yards and 13 TDs while rushing for 1,190 yards and 23 TDs on 185 carries … rushed for 351 yards and five touchdowns in a 44-42 win over White Oak … named the Built Ford Tough 2A Texas High School Football Player of the Week after passing for 282 yards and four TDs and rushing for 231 yards and three TDs in a 44-25 win over Bullard in week five … named first-team all-district 9-2A Division 1 as a junior … helped lead Tatum to a 12-1 record and an appearance in the fourth round of the state playoffs … passed for over 1,900 yards with 28 TDs and only four interceptions while rushing for over 700 yards with 16 TDs on 60 carries as a junior … named second-team all-district 17-3A as a sophomore … also named district Newcomer of the Year … helped lead Tatum to a 6-5 record and an appearance in the first round of the state playoffs … also lettered in basketball and track and field … two-time academic all-district selection.

PERSONAL
Began playing football at age  8 … father, Anthony, played RB at Baylor (1995-98); uncle, Stephen Hodge, played safety at TCU (2005-08) and was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys; cousin, Clarence Leatch, played defensive end at TCU (2006-09); cousin, Denarius Moore, played wide receiver at Tennessee (2007-10) and plays for the Oakland Raiders (2011-present) … has participated in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes … also participated in a community service project called ‘Steppin Out’ … enjoys video games.

Great write up about Coach Evans. Had to go look up his backstory. I was curious if he was still coaching. Horrible losing a child. Every parents worst nightmare. There was a quote that read something to tune of he didn’t have any gas in the tank after that tragedy. He loves Tatum. Stepped down because he knew he couldn’t give it his all. I think any parent can relate. Eagle to his core. Looking out for the program as always. I hope he is in a good place mentally.

3 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Great write up about Coach Evans. Had to go look up his backstory. I was curious if he was still coaching. Horrible losing a child. Every parents worst nightmare. There was a quote that read something to tune of he didn’t have any gas in the tank after that tragedy. He loves Tatum. Stepped down because he knew he couldn’t give it his all. I think any parent can relate. Eagle to his core. Looking out for the program as always. I hope he is in a good place mentally.

He's at Beckville. Enjoying life coaching up the middle school kids. They won district at every level from 7th to varsity. They love him over there just as we did here. 

9 minutes ago, Grampz said:

Well the site shown is audio only {I think they said it was against UIL rules for them to show the video. Don't hold me to this, I have misread stuff lately.

It’s not against rules. They likely didn’t wanna ask for permission and send a check. I went back and forth between a few different games last night.