Chapel Hill Bulldogs (7-3) vs Vidor Pirates (9-1) Bi-District playoff at Humble Turner Stadium Friday, November 12th 7:30

Chill5000

CH defense played well against Mabank which runs a similar offense to Vidor. They'll have to do that again to keep them in the game. CH needs to keep it simple with the freshman quarterback. The OC has done a decent job of implementing the play action and rollout run-pass options to play to the kid's strengths. Of course CH should have the speed advantage on both sides of the ball. Sounds like Vidor is a scrappy bunch that plays old school football and will definitely test the Bulldogs resolve. Should be a fun one!

Edited by jwelch77
  • Like 1

Still not sure if Mabank’s offense is that similar to Vidor’s.  Vidor runs the Slot T and runs it very, very well.  Can’t find any video on Mabank.  It’s like they want to stay under the radar.  No bull, Vidor losing their two top rushers is a big problem.  Even one of the backups is out.  Similar to a spread team relying on their 3rd string QB.  But that is what it is.  Vidor has to contain CH’s speed which will be a big problem.  Problem for CH, how will their offense react to the possibility of Vidor taking 10 minutes off the clock driving down and scoring (I hope)?  Some offenses this year seem all frustrated after that happens, and start pressing.  It’ll definitely be a contrast in styles.  If the CH defense is undisciplined, and they go for the first or second fake, the third or fourth guy with the ball can expect some nice gains.  Seriously, about 20% of the time I’m watching the wrong RB.  For those of you who’ve never seen a good Slot T, you’ll be in for a treat.  It’s four yards and a cloud of dust.  I’m pulling for Vidor, but as things stand, it’s 50-50 in my book.

Btw, nice venue.

9E353DB7-96E6-4BC6-8B42-8DE52FA0A7DE.png

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Still not sure if Mabank’s offense is that similar to Vidor’s.  Vidor runs the Slot T and runs it very, very well.  Can’t find any video on Mabank.  It’s like they want to stay under the radar.  No bull, Vidor losing their two top rushers is a big problem.  Even one of the backups is out.  Similar to a spread team relying on their 3rd string QB.  But that is what it is.  Vidor has to contain CH’s speed which will be a big problem.  Problem for CH, how will their offense react to the possibility of Vidor taking 10 minutes off the clock driving down and scoring (I hope)?  Some offenses this year seem all frustrated after that happens, and start pressing.  It’ll definitely be a contrast in styles.  If the CH defense is undisciplined, and they go for the first or second fake, the third or fourth guy with the ball can expect some nice gains.  Seriously, about 20% of the time I’m watching the wrong RB.  For those of you who’ve never seen a good Slot T, you’ll be in for a treat.  It’s four yards and a cloud of dust.  I’m pulling for Vidor, but as things stand, it’s 50-50 in my book.

Btw, nice venue.

9E353DB7-96E6-4BC6-8B42-8DE52FA0A7DE.png

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GAMTF

This is a highlight video from the Mabank game. There are several defensive highlights. You'll be able to tell if the Mabank and Vidor's offense looks similar. Obviously, since it's only the highlights it can be misleading but I'm glad our defense has seen an option oriented offense prior to seeing Vidor

2 hours ago, jwelch77 said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GAMTF

This is a highlight video from the Mabank game. There are several defensive highlights. You'll be able to tell if the Mabank and Vidor's offense looks similar. Obviously, since it's only the highlights it can be misleading but I'm glad our defense has seen an option oriented offense prior to seeing Vidor

I guess similar is the word.  Actually Vidor will rarely run the option.  One difference - we removed the snap to the defensive lineman, lol.  Obvious that wasn’t working.  Also, Vidor OL will actually block.  The plays I watched on this video, 7 OL would be two yards downfield, and 7 DL would be laying on the RB behind the line of scrimmage.  😂🤣😂

Here’s the video of Vidor vs Livingston.  Btw, #7 was our leading rusher.  He left many defensive athletic supporters on the field, prior to breaking his ankle.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/vidor-pirates-(vidor,tx)/football/videos.htm?videoid=31f59d32-4ec8-4b30-8732-d8afbcc20367

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I guess similar is the word.  Actually Vidor will rarely run the option.  One difference - we removed the snap to the defensive lineman, lol.  Obvious that wasn’t working.  Also, Vidor OL will actually block.  The plays I watched on this video, 7 OL would be two yards downfield, and 7 DL would be laying on the RB behind the line of scrimmage.  😂🤣😂

Here’s the video of Vidor vs Livingston.  Btw, #7 was our leading rusher.  He left many defensive athletic supporters on the field, prior to breaking his ankle.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/vidor-pirates-(vidor,tx)/football/videos.htm?videoid=31f59d32-4ec8-4b30-8732-d8afbcc20367

Thanks for sharing 👍.....ready for Friday night 

• Like 1

Vidor’s offense causes the other teams offense to press as it starts to realize “wait, we’re only getting 5 maybe 6 possessions. We have to make these count!” Then mistakes start to happen. Easily the fastest half of football I’ve ever seen was first half against Vidor last year. We were all saying “Wow, it’s halftime!” And we had 3 possessions I think. Vidor at up 9-10 minutes on 1 TD drive. It was crazy. Makes the other team start to press. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Vidor’s offense causes the other teams offense to press as it starts to realize “wait, we’re only getting 5 maybe 6 possessions. We have to make these count!” Then mistakes start to happen. Easily the fastest half of football I’ve ever seen was first half against Vidor last year. We were all saying “Wow, it’s halftime!” And we had 3 possessions I think. Vidor at up 9-10 minutes on 1 TD drive. It was crazy. Makes the other team start to press. 

Lol, you’re right.  Locally the Vidor games are over about the time most everyone else is starting the fourth Qtr.  It has to be a mental strain on the other team when Vidor pulls one of their time consuming drives.  Rarely anything outstanding, just methodical 4-6 yards a clip.  Has to be frustrating.

8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lol, you’re right.  Locally the Vidor games are over about the time most everyone else is starting the fourth Qtr.  It has to be a mental strain on the other team when Vidor pulls one of their time consuming drives.  Rarely anything outstanding, just methodical 4-6 yards a clip.  Has to be frustrating.

Naw, what’s frustrating is when you are up 3 td’s mid 3rd, realize Vidor doesn’t have time to come back unless you help them, and you only run the ball once in the 2nd half cause you still trying to hit em over the top.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Vidor probably could have turned around and played a whole nuther football game last Friday night by the time Kilgore and Lindale finished.

29 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Vidor probably could have turned around and played a whole nuther football game last Friday night by the time Kilgore and Lindale finished.

As posted above, Ltown only ran once in 2nd half.  Game wasn’t over until 9:30.  I’d bet longest Vidor game all season.  I think yall were just starting the 4th.  Kilgore/Lindale was a marathon.

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

As posted above, Ltown only ran once in 2nd half.  Game wasn’t over until 9:30.  I’d bet longest Vidor game all season.  I think yall were just starting the 4th.  Kilgore/Lindale was a marathon.

I think we were just coming out of halftime at 9:30. Our final buzzer blew at 10:43. If we would have gone to OT, we might still be there.

• LOL! 1