#1 Carthage vs. #42 Gatesville

BevBrownJr

This bi-district contest will take place in Athens Friday at 7:00 (not 7:30).

These teams were matched up in the first round of the playoffs last year also. It was officially a 1-point victory for the eventual state champions, as Gatesville forfeited due to COVID.

It will be nice to see these two teams actually get to match up on the field against each other this year.

The winner will face the winner of the Orangefield-Sweeny game in the Area round.

47 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Yeah just thought it was funny. Could be worse heck took us three years and 6 games ( played them in the playoffs) just to freakin score . Heck wouldn’t even answer the phone when Surratt called and they went to little 4a. We were like nope.....

Funny how nobody in “Big 4A” wants Any, though. Ain’t it?😂😂😂

7 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

This bi-district contest will take place in Athens Friday at 7:00 (not 7:30).

These teams were matched up in the first round of the playoffs last year also. It was officially a 1-point victory for the eventual state champions, as Gatesville forfeited due to COVID.

It will be nice to see these two teams actually get to match up on the field against each other this year.

The winner will face the winner of the Orangefield-Sweeny game in the Area round.

Sweeny plays Hamshire-Fannett according to both the UIL and Maxpreps. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Agree 100%!

BTW, for those of you who aren’t aware, Larry Allen was honored last month by being inducted into the Carthage Athletic Hall of Honor for his 30-plus years of being the Voice of the Bulldogs on KGAS.

Having attempted some play-by-play announcing of Carthage football more than 40 years ago, I marvel at Larry’s ability to keep detailed statistics while also doing the play-by-play. 

Congratulations to Larry on this recent honor!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

BTW, for those of you who aren’t aware, Larry Allen was honored last month by being inducted into the Carthage Athletic Hall of Honor for his 30-plus years of being the Voice of the Bulldogs on KGAS.

Having attempted some play-by-play announcing of Carthage football more than 40 years ago, I marvel at Larry’s ability to keep detailed statistics while also doing the play-by-play. 

Congratulations to Larry on this recent honor!

Larry does a great job.  I think he has at least 5 more years or as long as Surrat stays, but he needs to hire a spotter to help with numbers.  😂

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Is there any team on the Carthage Side of the bracket that will have any hope of beating them? Has to only be a few I’m sure if any! LOL

Depends on who you ask! Take Powerlifter, for instance. Lol.

But really I think they only way they could get in trouble would be if their offense was to play like they did against Rusk while facing a team with both a very good offense and defense. But I don’t think the Bulldogs are going to do that on offense going forward. And the defense should shut everyone down otherwise.