#1 Carthage vs. #42 Gatesville

BevBrownJr

On 11/8/2021 at 5:11 PM, mikehoncho said:

Depends on who you ask! Take Powerlifter, for instance. Lol.

But really I think they only way they could get in trouble would be if their offense was to play like they did against Rusk while facing a team with both a very good offense and defense. But I don’t think the Bulldogs are going to do that on offense going forward. And the defense should shut everyone down otherwise. 

Ring 9 is being sized as we speak. Abracadabra!!!!

18 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

And I totally agree that it will be tough sledding to run on the Carthage defense. But, to be fair, Carthage has not faced a running back, much less two backs, anywhere close to the caliber of Reece and Briggs.

I believe success or failure in the run game vs the Carthage D is less about the quality of the back(s) and more about the quality of the OL.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I believe success or failure in the run game vs the Carthage D is less about the quality of the back(s) and more about the quality of the OL.

No doubt. But having two of the top backs in 4A doesn't hurt.

As far as I've seen, it's going to take a big, strong and athletic OL to get the Dawgs off their defensive gameplan. An OL that can really push on the Dawgs MIGHT be able to make a bit of hay. Of course, you still have to find a way to deal with Kip Lewis, who fills gaps and reads plays as well as any HS LB I've seen, and somehow doesn't get outrun by many people either.

8 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

No doubt. But having two of the top backs in 4A doesn't hurt.

As far as I've seen, it's going to take a big, strong and athletic OL to get the Dawgs off their defensive gameplan. An OL that can really push on the Dawgs MIGHT be able to make a bit of hay. Of course, you still have to find a way to deal with Kip Lewis, who fills gaps and reads plays as well as any HS LB I've seen, and somehow doesn't get outrun by many people either.

His running mate at LB is a dang good player in his own right too.

15 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Hang in there in Shawshank, ‘91... it will be over, soon; Hell, I’m a veteran at this point!🙄

I done served my time.  @RETIREDFAN1 washed my mouth out with soap.  Have I learned my lesson? Only time will tell.   I'm a slow learner, and me thinks the 3rd time is the charm!

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I have seen a link for it on NFHS. So I know it will be on there at least. If KGAS is also able to do it id rather watch theirs, but idk the rules.

KGAS/Easttexastoday shows that Waskom will be livestreamed tonight......but I don't see anything on Carthage(one way or another).........................Playoffs may be if NFHS is not broadcasting your game, you are able to do it locally

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I have seen a link for it on NFHS. So I know it will be on there at least. If KGAS is also able to do it id rather watch theirs, but idk the rules.

Provide a link?  I see nothing on NFHS about tonight's playoff game.  Not on Texan Live either.

It's gonna get ugly fast.......but not for the Carthagenians!  They will unload their bench and give their 2s/3s as much playing time as the starters.  Perfect storm for the bench players and their parents.  And the coaching staff as well.  They will be coaching those guys up tonight for sure.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldtownag said:

Provide a link?  I see nothing on NFHS about tonight's playoff game.  Not on Texan Live either.

19 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Will Kgas be live streaming the game

I swear I'm not crazy.  It was there yesterday.  And KGAS even said they weren't getting to video broadcast it this week because NFHS is doing it.  

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

I swear I'm not crazy.  It was there yesterday.  And KGAS even said they weren't getting to video broadcast it this week because NFHS is doing it.  

My best friend was at Kgas and he told me Kgas cannot broadcast the playoff games because DCHF has partnered with NFHS and Texan Live For the playoff games. Except the state games belong to FOX. 

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

My best friend was at Kgas and he told me Kgas cannot broadcast the playoff games because DCHF has partnered with NFHS and Texan Live For the playoff games. Except the state games belong to FOX. 

Right. NFHS was supposed to do the game tonight. But now the link is dead and the game isn't there.  So I'm not sure if they were supposed to send a crew and canceled or what.  

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Ok so to be clear,  I need to re-up my Texanlive to watch game tonight?

No, I don't believe Texan Live has it tonight.  It was supposed to be NFHS network.  But that link does not work anymore and the game is nowhere to be found on their site.  And also if you go to our school page on their site it does not show an upcoming game for Football.  

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/athens-high-school-athens-tx/gam5f0eef2978