#1 Carthage vs. #42 Gatesville

BevBrownJr

6 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

It’s hard to imagine Jasper even scoring against WO-S, assuming Cornell Thompson’s defense this year is one of his typical ones.

And if Bellville is half as good as everyone seems to be saying, they’ll easily beat Rusk.

WO-S vs. Bellville on Thanksgiving weekend appears to be a pick ‘em.

Easily beat Rusk? 27B1CA92-A520-48D8-B6ED-5408E9ABD0A5.gif

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I do hear you and understand your concern, while saying I too am concerned about the offense.

I just have so much trust in the coaches that I believe they can and will win state this year. The offense does have game breakers and a receiver who is a mismatch and catches the ball as well as any receiver we’ve ever had.

I hope you right. The run game is my concern. This reminds me too much of 2015 when we lost to lavega. I still think we're the favorite but they might have to resuscitate me after this run

• LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I hope you right. The run game is my concern. This reminds me too much of 2015 when we lost to lavega. I still think we're the favorite but they might have to resuscitate me after this run

Remember there are two really good OL playing DT.  If one or both of those two were needed to win, they would make an immediate impact.  Pretty sure they played both ways up through last year.  Also the continued development of the 270 lb freshman DT allows for flexibility here if needed moving forward.

37 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Rusk beat Madisonville by only 3 points.

Rusk also beat Center by only 3 points.

You know as well as anybody, every game takes a life of it's own. Teams play down to their opponents, starters sit out, etc... only thing that matters is the win at the end of the day.

18 minutes ago, Eagles26 said:

You know as well as anybody, every game takes a life of it's own. Teams play down to their opponents, starters sit out, etc... only thing that matters is the win at the end of the day.

Good luck against Bellville. Represent the district well.

54 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Remember there are two really good OL playing DT.  If one or both of those two were needed to win, they would make an immediate impact.  Pretty sure they played both ways up through last year.  Also the continued development of the 270 lb freshman DT allows for flexibility here if needed moving forward.

Good point 

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

Those 7 takeaways against our Bulldogs apparently greatly impressed you. (This is one of the first times that my opinion has diverged from President Trump.)

The only thing those 7 turnovers made me think was Carthage will have to overcome their QB to win it all. 
Just so you know Bellville is not Carthage. They have great backs but they will have to stop our offense as well. Carthage and Jasper are the only teams who have been able to so far. I believe we can play with anyone in 4A. Sorry to disappoint you but if Bellville is looking at WOS we will send them home next Friday with an L

4 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

The only thing those 7 turnovers made me think was Carthage will have to overcome their QB to win it all. 
Just so you know Bellville is not Carthage. They have great backs but they will have to stop our offense as well. Carthage and Jasper are the only teams who have been able to so far. I believe we can play with anyone in 4A. Sorry to disappoint you but if Bellville is looking at WOS we will send them home next Friday with an L

To clarify, I’ll be delighted, not disappointed, if Rusk upsets Bellville.

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

Rusk beat Madisonville by only 3 points.

Rusk also beat Center by only 3 points.

🤦‍♂️ Yes, you are correct. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Rusk beat Salado by 7 which is all that matters. Just so you’re aware, if we (or any team) win every game by 1 point for the rest of the year we will be the State Champion 🤯. It’s so weird how the playoffs work. It’s like all of your games before don’t even count anymore. 

• LOL! 1

As I seem to have upset some of my Rusk friends -which wasn’t my intention” - I hereby change my prediction from an “easy” win for Bellville to a “convincing, but hard-fought” win for Bellville over Rusk, which had a very nice win over Salado last night.

Better?

18 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

🤦‍♂️ Yes, you are correct. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Rusk beat Salado by 7 which is all that matters. Just so you’re aware, if we (or any team) win every game by 1 point for the rest of the year we will be the State Champion 🤯. It’s so weird how the playoffs work. It’s like all of your games before don’t even count anymore. 

Single elimination tourney.  I watched some of your game last night.  Great win!

32 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

To clarify, I’ll be delighted, not disappointed, if Rusk upsets Bellville.

I didn’t think it was possible for a Bulldog fan but I don’t believe you realize how good the Carthage defense is actually. Any other team get 7 turnovers against we would score 60+  

Much like Carthage’s offense is good enough to win any game because of their defense. Rusk’s defense is plenty good enough for us to win because of our offense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

As I seem to have upset some of my Rusk friends -which wasn’t my intention” - I hereby change my prediction from an “easy” win for Bellville to a “convincing, but hard-fought” win for Bellville over Rusk, which had a very nice win over Salado last night.

Better?

Much better, thanks. 

45 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Let’s pull for a regional final between Rusk and Carthage.

Let’s not. 
I’m all for supporting our District teams but I’d rather not play Carthage again. I will pull for my Eagles being in the Regional finals against any other team if you’d like to join me. 

• LOL! 2